Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #57

G'day all,

I felt quite cheery reading the posts this morning, lovely to 'see' you Ann sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and grand daughter, what a lovely idea with the beading and the thoughts behind it. Do they have a website? I would love to see them.
I am enjoying our winter but reading about your visit to Sea World, perhaps summer will be pretty good when it comes around.

Gloria how nice to be so close to Mattapoiset, I can imagine it would be lovely for a day trip...some lunch and home again. The photos at the Falmouth website were also very impressive, I loved the beaches and coast shots, just superb.

Nice to 'see' you Lily what are you up to these days? Your garden under control?

Slavika what is next on the agenda after the success on Monday?

Ann I would not have thought you would have been aware that our Prime Minister was meeting with your President. It is on our news services here of course.

I am not sure if you would have read about the cycling accident in Germany where Australian girl bike riders were ploughed into by a learner driver. The girl who was killed was a friend of our d-i-l, she attended the institute of sport with her. Three others are injured, 2 critical. It is very sad, it was no fault of the bike riders. Quite unbelievable.

Hello to everyone else, I hope you are all well.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY... I hope you received lovely and didn't eat too much

(You are probably wondering how I knew... well, it is posted in the Birthdays on the main community page). It is nice to see you again. I can't wait until you get your laptop and come back to us regularly.

I had a nice day today, we went to my DD's. Had lots of fun with our

Slavika I am so glad your DD got started on the Stem Cell. What a relief it must be for the both of you. The waiting is so hard.

It was nice to read all the posts, but now I forget who said what. Must go back and read again.

Last edited by Trudy; 07-19-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Sounds like a fun day at Sea world!. Love the place! Always lots to do and see. We have one not to far from here. The jewerly sounds great to. Very clever of them.

Maria: No garden is dead at the moment. Hubby had an In grown toe nail that was removed. He cant do any digging or use his foot right now. But its to hot anyways. I went out last weekend and lasted for 10 minutes. Its get to be hot very early in the day. Very sad about the bike riders. People now a days and the way they drive.

Slavika: So Glad Hubby got started on the Stem Cell. Im sure it is a great relif to you both that it has finally begun.

Trudy: Thank you! My BD present was the Laptop. I used it today at work to post so Im loving it! We went out to dinner Sat. to celebrate. Was a very nice dinner. Had my Favorite Halibut

Later!
Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 AM   #4  

Happy Birthday Lily, sounds like you have already had a great dinner and a very useful present.

Maria
Old 07-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Happy Birthday Lily Your laptop is a great gift.

Maria: I don't know if the girls have a Web site or not. I will ask when they get home and call to say they have arrived.

My garden needs weeking badly, and the only good time to do it is early in the a.m. before it gets too hot. I'm about to leave to have some foils done on my hair, make me have a few less grey hairs.: I had it done once before, and it turned out very well so am going to try again.

"See" you later. Ann
Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #6  

HAppy Birthday Lily So good to see you back with us.We have missed you.

Ann sounds as though you had a great visit with you DD and GD. The jewlery sounds like something I would like. hope they have a web site that we can buy off. Also never been to Webster. I'll have to check it out.

We are enjoying our Van. Sprout got a chance to check it out too. He like the fact that he can see out the windows so good. And he is very nosey. My side window id full of nose prints. We'll have to get some of those window wipes to keep in the car.

Went to a different Chiropractor today. The treatment was much different than the one i went too last spring who I know tried to kill me. At least that is what it felt like. This one today was very gentle first the massage. Then warm moist heat with electro thingys and then the adustment byt he Doctor. I hope i still feel good tomorrow. Have another appointment tomorrow afternoon. This is from the jaring I received from the accident. I've had a migraine every day since. Sure hope we can get me back to at least 3-4 a month.

Ann the kid who hit us received a citation and a court date in August. We have a lawyer who will be protecting us.

We have found out that both of have arthritis very bad in our neck and shoulders. The accident did let us know that. I knew I had it in my fingers but really no where else. That last chiropractor never told me that!

Lily I hear you when you say it's hot. because it is hot here too. Today the air was a little dryer that it has been so at least you didn't feel like you couldn't breath when you went outside. I need to work on the flowers but like Ann says only time you can work outside is early in the morning. So maybe in the morning I can do it we'll see. Hope we can start going to the pool again. Now that all the bruising is almost gone.

Well I guess it is time to quit and go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Karen
Old 07-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Thanks for the BD wishes!

Karen: Glad the guy got a citation. Hope they get him when the trail comes. This Chiropractor sounds much better. Glad it helping.

Ann: I would be interested in the website to if they have one.

Heard on the news thta there was more bombs in London. Sad
Old 07-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Ann, I also would be interested in the jewelry website. Especially that half the money goes to the Relay for Life. You just sounded as if you had the bestest time with your girls. We are going to San Antonio in August (whole family) and already have our tickets for Sea World. Looking forward to that. Sounds like we will be ready for the Splash Zone.

Trudy, I know you had a wonderful anniversary. And just think of the fun with your angel that is about to be doubled! Isn't this a neat time in our lives?

Lily, happy birthday and what a great present. Everything everywhere is so hot right now.

Maria, enjoy your cooler days. I always like spring and summer, but there comes a time when the heat becomes so oppressive that I get the same kind of cabin fever as in the middle of the winter.

At my office my supervisor's husband just found out he has a mass in his lungs. We are so praying for it to be an infection. Will know tomorrow.

Can't remember anything else. Just got a chuckle from your communication, Karen, that your old chiropractor "tried to kill you." Glad you are going to another one. My chiro was so good and, as I told you earlier, I feel better than before my wreck. But what a process! You find out all kinds of things about your body after a wreck, and mostly not the best news.

Slavika, so now is your DH kind of on a hiatus and doesn't have any procedure until the big one?
Glenda
Old 07-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #9  

Hi All,

I have to go back and catch up. We have been dog sitting. First it was for my niece's dog-we had her for 2 weeks and now we have my son's 2 for 4 days. All I know is that I am tired of dogs. They are everywhere and this big one sheds. Ours doesn't. The vacuum will be getting a workout.

We went to SeaWorld up in Ohio years ago. What fun that was.

It has been really hot here but we have had rain for over a week. Things are looking green again.

Maria how sad about the biker. How is Matty?

Lily Happy Belated Birthday. A new laptop-that is not too shabby. Great gift.

Ann-whatever this beaded jewelry everyone is discussing sounds neat.

Karen glad that you found a chiro that isn't trying to kill you. Never thought of putting those wipes for windows in the car. I am going to do that. Always have a messy back window from Max.

Slavika glad that everything is a go for the stem cell. Love all your emails.

Trudy - anything new and exciting with you?

Where are all our new people?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #10  
Web Nana

Another hot one here but we are surviving. DD#2 has announced that they are on vacation next week, Martha's Vineyard. They go every year but I seem to forget exactly when they go. We will inherit Moshup, the chocolate lab, for the week. Since this falls on the day when we go for our boat ride, a neighbor has been recruited to let her back in the house late afternoon for her evening meal which we will have all set out. Of course, that means I have a week off from house cleaning....I will wait til she goes home and then do it.

Glenda: That is too bad about your supervisor's husband...praying that it is only an infection.

Lily: A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That laptop is a great present.

Karen: Glad that the new Chiropractor is better than the old one. Maybe once the aches go away the migraines will follow. Hope so!!

Slavika: Hope everything is going well with DH's Stem Cell collection.

Maria: Sorry to hear of the bike accident....things like that are so sad.

Peggy, Ann, BJ, Trudy.....have a great weekend all. Stay cool!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #11  

G'day everyone,

Karen I hope you new chiropracter is making a difference to your aches and pains from your recent accident. Hope the migraines are abating.

Ann my garden could do with a bit of weeding, probably a LOT of weeding . I haven't had much of a chance, I did a quarter and filled up the rubbish bin. Last week I filled the rubbish bin with stuff out of my computer room, perhaps I will have another go this weekend and fill the rubbish bin again.

Glenda sorry to hear about your work colleague's dh. I don't care too much about getting old but I HATE how so many friends, acquaintances etc. are contracting serious illness, all similar in age as me.
Since being home, it almost seems like an epidemic.
I don't intend to join them!!!!
I loved your email, very good

Nice to 'see' you Peggy, I don't envy your 'dog sitting' duties.
Little Matilda is doing well, it is so nice when they smile and are no longer little 'blobs' that just need feeding and changing. She is growing into her feet , they don't seem to be quite so much out of proportion. How is your little one going?

Gloria glad you are surviving the heat. I always think of our pioneers when the weather is excessively cold or hot, how did they manage
Lance Armstrong was interviewed on our news services expressing his sympathy for the horrendous bike crash in Germany of our female bike riders.
What an unbelievable achiever is Lance Armstrong, I am just in total awe of what he has done against such great odds.

I have been very busy. I think I may have said that a person here in Adelaide wants to use my skills to sell a variety of services to sporting clubs like websites, restore old photos, collages etc. etc.
It is all go, go, go. I was still on the phone to him last night at 11pm
He can sell ANYTHING to anyone. He is confident that it will all take off, we'll see, its quite exciting to be part of this and I am not fussed either way.

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Oh rats......I was well on my way to typing up the most wonderful post of my life (hee hee ) and POOF it went somewhere into cyberspace.
I'll come back tomorrow, but before I go, I want to say that the hospital called and DH will be going in for his "stem cell transplant" on August 15th. We were so happy to get the call. We were certain it wouldn't be until the END of August or beginning of September. They knew that I really wanted DH to be able to travel to Maui this year and the more time he has between the transplant and January the better his chances would be to get a little stronger before leaving. When the hospital called they said to be prepared for a lot of tests etc between now and August 15th.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Bye.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #13  

Slavika, So glad that the transplant is a go . And sooner than you expected. You and DH and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure the post was the most ingenious one ever.

Maria I to have had the thoughts of what did they do way back when there was not even a fan to be had. I'm sure I would have turned into a pool of fat as I melted. Glad you new venture is so exciting for you. I too love new stuff to do.

Well all this week I have done my Leslie Sansone walking tape. Today I was able to get to the 1 and 1/2 mile part before I got too tired. Boy it doesn't take long to get out of shape. Still walking Sprout but not too far because of the heat. He is smart. He walks so far then lays down under a tree and I wind up carrying him the rest of the way. He weights about 11 pounds maybe a little less. So he can get heavy. Wonder if I lay under the tree will he carry me home. I think not. Told you he was smart.

So far the chriopractor is going good. He was taking it easy on me because my neck pain is the pits. Today he was a little more agressive. I'll let you know tomorrow how that went. Gotta tell you I love the Massage. I did have some neck pain this morning. But no headache.That is a plus.

Well need to go and find food I'm hungry.
Karen

Last edited by Karen L; 07-22-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Hope its good news for your Supervisors Husband.

Peggy: Thats alot of Dog sitting.

Gloria: Would love to go to Martha's Vineyard sometime. Its suppose to be very Pretty! Glad you are betting the heat. Finally cooled down a bit here.

Maria: Your new business endevor sounds like a good one!

Slavika: Great news!!!!!!!!!! I do hope you get to Hawaii this year.

Karen: Would be nice if Sprout could carry you! Yeah for the Headaches being gone!

Nothing happening here. We are off to the Winerys tomorrow. Hope its not hot.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick hello; I have to shut down for thunder and lightning. My DD doesn't have a web site, but she said if you are interested, Maria, she will take some photos of the stuff and email them to you. Could you put together a web page from far away? You are so clever. Holly said she really didn't have any idea about how to set up one.

Talk to you tomorrow. time for bed. I had a busy day. Ann
Closed Thread