Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 AM   #1  

Default It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!! (7/22)

YAY!!!! I am soooo happy it is Friday! But seriously, where did the week go?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh I know. This week went by wayyyyy too fast. The Dr was gone, so work was more fun and less stressful. Too bad he has to come back on Monday

I really shouldn't be up this early, but it was my turn to take the pups outside, so now I cant go back to sleep. He's such a nerd... he just came in here dragging a sock. I'm tired, but I know I wont be able to go back to sleep.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

~Liz
Old 07-22-2005, 07:37 AM   #3  

Hippohips-I know I don't know the whole situation, but why is he asking you to go get him stuff? I mean seriously. I am sorry you had a grumpy day. I know what will cheer you up.... a dancing banana of course. I know it's not gonna fix everything you need to fix, but did it make you smile? Don't beat yourself up for what you know see as a poor choice. We all slip sometimes. Oprah always quotes Maya Angelou, "When you know better you do better." So now you know how many points are in thsoe foods and whether or not they are worth it to you. It's not tos ay you can never ever have them again, it's justto say somedays they may be worth it other's they may not. You are doing a fabulous job. I was looking at your sliders, you are so close to some of those goals and you have come so far! GREAT JOB!!!!

Maggie you've definatley got a keeper!! Too cute!!

Izzy-Sorry don't mean to add pressure LOL. I am just amazed anoyone can write a thesis. I wouldn't even begin to know how! I remember when my friend Wendy was doing hers for her second masters, yay gag, anyway she spent hours and days in dusty attics of local museums pouring over research. Fun way to spend a summer, huh? I am pretty sure she's working on her third one now. She's a highschool teacher and wants to becoem a principal.

Lizzy-I like to lean cuisine pizza too as well as michelina's lean gourmet. But we used to eat at pizza hut where the pizza my husband ordered was 8 points a slice. Frozen pizzas tend to be high like that too. But we ordered from a local place, and for a medium with mushroom and cheese it's only 4 per slice. I don't even miss the pepperoni. I usually save 10-12 points for dinner so that was plenty for me.

Stephanie-You probably didn't do as bad as you think. If you add it up you maybe surprised and find that you have some flex left afterall. Like I told Hippohips, don't beat yourself up we all slip up sometimes.

Well I am leaving to visit my best friend for the weekend. Hopefully my husband will work on the kids' room while I am gone. That's the whole point in my leaving, so he can work and not have to worry about nap time and such. If he actually tried he probably could finish the room in 4 hours. I figure it will take him until the end of August.

I am planning on staying OP this weekend, but it's very hard when I go up there. We tend to eat out alot, or order in. I have 31 flex left so that should give me some room. Plus I am only staying until Saturday night, so it's not like I have too long to worry about. Maybe I can steer her away from eating out anyway, it's really not so much fun with three kids. Mine are 2 and almost 1 and her daughter is 19 months. Yeah that's not a good time in a restuarant. I am hoping to do some yardsaleing while I am there. My daughter needs some clothes for winter.

Well this post is a mile long as usual, so I better get going. I still have laundry to put away and packing to do. Best to get it done while the kdis sleep

Have a great day!!!

~misty
Old 07-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #4  

LOL Lizzy! My dog is obssessed with socks (along with tennis balls, footballs, rocks and swimming) he's a bit quirky. He likes dirty black socks best, he will sort through the pile until he finds a good one. He has to carry one downstairs when he goes out, so you have to wait for him to find one. He has to have one when someone comes to the door. If he can't find one he gets all panicky. Then he will consume his entire bowl of food before the person gets to the door in case they might eat it, once the food is gone he rushes to the door wagging his entire body and growling with his sock in his mouth. Yeah, real threatening for robbers and such! Plus so nice that he drops dirty socks at the feet of all of our guests. But soooo much better than teh dog we had as kids. She would swallow folded pairs of socks whole, then poop them out all over. NICE! Once she pooped a washcloth out in frontof all my friends on the playground.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:32 AM   #5  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SISTAS!!!!

Oh, my word! Misty, you can't say things like that while I am at work! I busted out laughing over that one! Just the mental image of the dog on the playground... oh lawdy dawg!

I have not been able to get on the computer to come out here for a few days, so I'm happy to be able to check in today. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow, and something is telling me I didn't do too well this week. Oh, well, we'll see!

My husband is going out of town for the weekend. I can't wait. He's been wound up so tightly because of work and gets really ticked off over everything. My son and I have been getting yelled at, cussed at and screamed at for a week for no good reason (like when my cell phone lost signal in Wal-Mart and he accused me of hanging up on him, called me back and proceeded to cuss me up one side and down the other for a good 20 minutes while i leaned on a sock display in the middle of the store trying to calmly get him to understand that i didn't hang up on him ... ) he NEEDS this time away from home and we need it away from him. Not to say that I don't love him or anything, I certainly do and I certainly understand his being stressed out but good freakin' grief, ya know? I told him to leave his cell phone at home so no one from work can call him all weekend. I hope he has a great time, though.

Other than that, I'm spending my weekend relaxing, cleaning out my bedroom, and shopping for school supplies. Fun! Fun!

I guess I need to get back to work. I'll be on more this weekend! I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts from this week to see what ya'll have been up to!

Hugs!

Last edited by Diva_at_40; 07-22-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  

Thats funny about your dog growing up

Cocoa loves dirty socks too, and will chew them up. We've had to buy new socks, and keep a better eye on them, other wise they end up with holes in them. And dirty undies.... Him chewing on them not only pissed me off, it grossed me out too. So now I have to actually clean up after myself, so he cant get to my undies and socks.

And the jerk went back to sleep! I'm still up after taking him out, but he's back asleep... I bet he's under the blankets with Craig. We've become one of those childless couples who treat their puppy like a baby. LOL my family laughs at how worried I (well WE) get about him, and how we treat him like our baby Though, there is a reason behind it, but its a little to heavy for 3FC

I guess I should work out since I'm the only one up. And so then I can eat breakfast... I'm soo craving a bowl of cut up fruit woohoo

Weekends are hard for me too. Its harder to stay OP, but I plan on doing it this weekend! Before, when I did WW and lost some weight (I don't remember how much it was) and I stayed OP for the week and exercised every day (I was going to curves at the time) I didn't count points on the weekend. And I still lost. I didn't completely pig out, but I didn't worry so much about what I ate. I may go back to that, once I'm actually able to exercise everyday without having to think about it, and convince myself to do it

Anyway, Happy Friday to everyone, and I hope everyone has a great day!!

~Liz
Old 07-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #7  

Happy Friday!! I feel great so far today, but I'm crossing my fingers in hope that I don't get another freakin' headache! I had a horrible time waking up this morning. I think my cat was thinking the same thing. She was sleeping on me, and when I moved her so I could get up, she just looked at me all annoyed and gave me this ticked off meow. Then, I became jealous of her...all she does is sleep and eat all day long. Wouldn't that be the life Then I remembered how she cleans herself...yuck...not the life for me.

All of your stories about your doggies are so cute. I wish I had a dog too. I'd love to be able to take him/her for a walk.

Someone mentioned Lean Cuisine pizzas--I've also heard that they are very good, but I haven't tried them either.

So, what's everyone doing this weekend? I don't have much planned. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow. it's one of my husband's co-workers, and I don't know her at all. I'll probably feel stupid...oh well...at least I'll look good!!! Just kidding!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #8  

Hi Gurls. I am totally slacking off. I sooo don't feel like doing anything. OH MY! DD just found a roll of paper towels DH left in here after cleaning his computer screen. Needless to say in 2.2 seconds she managed to unroll about half. Why do I bother cleaning is my question.

Good to see you back Diva. Yeah I think your husband needs a break. If that had been my husband yelling at me in walmart I would have really hung up LOL!

Lizzy-I hear you about the treating your dog like a kid thing. My mother in law introduces our dog as her oldest grandchild. He's our baby, a slightly nuerotic, compulsive and sometimes sort mentally challenged one, but we love him. When we were out car shopping recently one major criteria was Duncan space. We also have another dog. A stray someone dumped on our farm who kind of just ended up in my house even though I siad NO! Great dog, but he doesn't get the Duncan treatment. My husband told him the other day that he's just a step child! Poor dog. But he's got it made too, just doesn't get child status like Duncan.

Enjoy the wedding, Stephanie.

I hate going to functions when I don't know people. Especially where I have to eat. I don't eat in public like that. I have this huge hang up about it. It's liek if you are over weight I feel like people watch what you eat. If I don't eat at Josh's family functions and stuff everyone is like eat eat eat. But when I do eat I feel like they stare at me. Maybe it's all in my head.

Ok well I guess I have to go drink some coffee and eat some corn and tomatoes in my daughter's kitchen. Tough life huh? LOL

Have a great day all!
~misty
Old 07-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #9  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

TGIF!

I'm officially on vacation now. Today DH & I are taking DD to the park for a picnic lunch.... oh, and we're taking DH's grandma with us, too. My goal is to keep my mouth like this---> LOL! His grandma thinks the universe revolves around her-- she's all bent out of shape because next week we're going on vacation with "my people" (meaning not DH's family, and most importantly SHE wasn't invited). So, today's picnic is a peace offering of sorts. Any prayers for my ability to keep quiet would be appreciated.

Diva, if that had been my husband yelling at me on the phone I WOULD have hung up on him then. I'm glad he's getting a break this weekend-- I'll send up a quick prayer that he comes back a nicer person!

I really want a dog... and I love reading all your stories. We have three cats and a bunch of fish. Probably in a year or two we'll get a dog.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #10  
THICK and tired of it

Well, now- don't get me wrong because I adore my son, but sometimes I think having a dog would be... well, I shouldn't go there. But let me just say this- I have never heard of anyone's dog telling a stranger that "My Mommy has a hairy butt!" I do not, by the way, have a hairy butt...

OMG, I've cracked myself up. I'm cracked. Put me in a pan. In a straightjacket. In Bora Bora (I've always wanted to go there anyway!)

Misty, I hear ya about eating in public... Have you ever been to a buffet??? Or ordered dessert in a restaurant? Now that I'm dieting, too, I want to wear a sign that says "I'm eating healthy- BACK OFF!" It will not always be this way, it will not always be this way, it will not...

What else? Who is going to a wedding? I'm sorry I don't remember- but have a good time! If I wasn't so darned bitter about love, I think I'd enjoy a wedding- even with the cake and corny band. The pieces of cake are so darned small anyway. Someone told me a joke the other day about a weight loss support group- the leader was talking about how dangerous saturated fats and such were and she asked, "Does anyone know the most dangerous food you can put in your mouth?" and a gentleman in the back piped up "Wedding cake!"

Har.

I read two- yes, count em' TWO books yesterday AND made notes in my reading log. GO me! I wonder, how many calories do I burn tooting my own horn? I could do this all day!

Ok, back to reading. Have a good day all!!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #11  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default I suck eggs

I am sooooo miserable. PMS is raging. I know it's PMS because that's the only thing that would make me want to jam my car key into some guy's ear because he was in front of me in line at WaWa. Not that he CUT in front of me, mind you. He just had the audacity to get there before I did.

Offical weigh-in is tomorrow, and I was one half pound away from my 10-pound ribbon. This morning, my home scale showed a two-pound weight gain. (It's always the same as my WW weigh in, btw). I had a good week point wise, even better than the last two weeks. And I know this gain is from the imprending . but it's still discouraging. Plus I drank NO water yesterday.

I couldn't find my cat or my keys this morning (cat is OK though, he hid under the table after he deposited my keys in my shoe); the lizard was cranky and swatted me with his tail when I left his food (not bad enough I have to make salads for a lizard every morning, but he swats at me too?!); there was a parking ticket on my car when I left for work; the first WaWa i went to didn't have any of the things I need; the second one was packed; I waited in line behind two women at the bank machine who it took FIVE tries to finally swipe their card right; I got screamed and cursed at by a woman it the parking lot who apparently didn't like my driving; my regular parking-lot guy at work (who saves me a spot that i can just pull into and not have to leave my keys) was not in and was replaced by the one who ALWAYS makes me back my car into a tight spot and then takes my keys); AND I was late for work.

I gave in to my craving for a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a roll from a greasy lunch truck. I can't even begin to calculate the points, but I'm sure it's more than I can have in a day. It tasted ibscenely wonderful, but it didn't make me feel any better. Just guilty.

And angry.

Plus, I wrote this whole long post only to have my compute freeze. This is my second attempt.

Tomorrow's weigh-in will be a watershed moment for me. Every other time I've been on WW, I've quit after my first gain. There's no way I'm going to dodge the weight-gain bullet tomorrow, and when it registers on the scale, I'm going to have it in my mind that I'm quitting. I don't know how I'm going to get back on track.

Sorry for being sooooo painfully negative. It's not a good day. But I do hope you all have great days! Even though I'm feeling like a big steaming pile of canine fecal matter, I'm her for my sistas!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #12  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Maggie~ ::HUG::
I personally think we should make our own WW rule that allows us one day of eating anything when the PMS is really bad. I know I was way off when I had cramps a week or so ago. We all do it sometimes. Just think, though, even if you do show a little gain tommorow... in a few days, when the water weight is gone, you'll suddenly show a 3lb loss.

Hang in there.... and remember, if necessary, your Slimmin Sistas WILL show up at your door in a mob to make sure you stay with us and on your program.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #13  
THICK and tired of it

Maggie, love- I sympathize and I will pull some of my own hair for you so you don't go entirely bald doing it all yourself. Hug, hug, hug. I have terrible PMS sometimes too, just ask Lisa! No doubt this gain is water weight- still unpleasant, I know, but at least accounted for. Do you have a "get out of weigh-in free" card for your meeting? TOM is the best time to use those, I think. Please try not to let it bother you too much- stay on track, baby! This isn't failure, its the curse of womanhood and you're stronger than that scale...

By the way, the same offer goes for you- $5 to throw that sucker out the window, $10 with a picture posted of it lying in the street broken...

Hang in there, sweetie- we're all in this together...

Lori
Old 07-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #14  

(((Maggie)))) As someone who just finished up with PMS today, I totally understand Its amazing how stupid little things get on your nerves at that time.

I exercised! woohoo! I did the FULL 40 mins of my workout, and omg because I haven't done it since Monday, it was difficult, but I did it. And then did crunches after. I feel good!

The mango was pretty good I had that cut up with a pear, and then some cereal for breakfast. I measured out my cereal and milk, and then balanced it on my glass from last night (shhh don't tell Craig it was from last night ) on my end table thing. Well when I sat down after getting a fork for my fruit, I knocked my cereal on the floor. oh I was pissed. So I had to measure it all out again.

But anyway, I did like the mango, and may buy more to put in a smoothie this weekend. They're on sale until Saturday.

This is a stupid question, but I never know for sure.... is it better to store your fruit in the fridge, or just on the counter?

~Liz
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #15  

I am posting in the afternoon and I never hear from anyone. Does anyone go back online in the afternoon? Or go back to previous days post?
Closed Thread