Old 07-20-2005, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #109

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:26 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe about anything!

Susan: Sounds like your Wednesday's Woes hit on Tuesday! Sorry you had so many problems. What an inconsiderate roommate!

We had a horrific thunderstorm here last evening. Everything around us was flooding. Not more than a mile a way a fire truck going out on a call hit high water up to its doors and is stuck on the street until the water goes down. Guess I won't have to fill the swimming pool this morning!

I made my husband chipped beef on biscuits for breakfast this morning. I had no recipe and had to "wing" it. He told me the mark of a really good cook was someone who could make something without knowing how. He said it turned out terrific! My mom used to make it when we were kids and I just figured you had to make a roux and add milk then stir in the beef and add pepper so that is what I did. Who knew????

I cleaned upstairs except for vacuuming yesterday but it was so incredibly hot and humid here I couldn't finish up so will have to vacuum as soon as I get back from the pool before it gets hot. It is supposed to be over 100 by the weekend with 110 heat index, which means Jack and I will definitely be staying in the house.

Carri: I am almost through my second reading of the book! I always read them twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. Actually, I probably have read each book 6-7 times apiece. I just like them and find them entertaining especially when I am bored.

Well, need to finish chores and get to the pool in a little while

Have a good day everybody!

Faye
Old 07-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #3  

Good morning, ladies. Haven't been around because my husband is not doing very well - had about 5 good days and now he's getting worse again. Had doctor's appointment Monday and he sent him for blood work and wants him to go see the gastroentroligist this week instead of waiting until next month (was just there Thursday). Please keep the prayers coming.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  

Good morning gals. Just back from some physical therapy on my knee. They think that will be the route to go, or at least try first, so I am thankful for that.

Susan/VA - your DH really needs some answers. Will keep the prayers coming your way.

Faye - I agree, driving in Mpls is not that big a deal, but people around here are used to country driving and it freaks them out! DD called last night when their plane was still on the runway in Vegas - 11pm and the pilot just told them it was 106! She is finding out why you can go so cheaply in July.

Scuzin and Amanda - hope you are both feeling much better and up to your workouts today.

CArri = enjoy the company picnic. Good luck staying cool!
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:35 AM   #5  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. A day to give ourselves just a little quiet time to ourselves.

morning gals. It is hot and humid here already. My allergies are at an all time ick level. I can barely swallow because my adenoids are so swollen and my eyes I can barely see out of. Summer, ain't it grand???

Marsha: Yes, if you can stand the heat, the cheapest time to go to Vegas is July because that is their "cooker" month. But, in all honesty, even Vegas is above normal with their temps. I have been keeping an eye on them and they are 5-10 degrees above their average temps this year. Hope your dd had a grand time. We absolutely can't wait to go.

Susan/VA: We continue with our prayers, not only for him, but you as well. Let us know if there is anything any of us could do to relieve some of this burden from you!

Everyone have a great day

Faye
Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #6  

Good morning to all. We are getting a one day reprieve from the heat it looks like - then mid 90's for the weekend again.

Faye - sorry to hear you are so miserable today. Takes all the fun out of summer. I know that Vegas is also experiencing record heat - oh, well, they are young and can take it. She called yesterday and sounds like they are having a ball. I have not been for about 15 years and would like to go again sometime soon. Where are you staying, Faye?

What is everyone else up to this fine day? I plan to get a little cleaning done - nothing too heavy. Then have a 50th birthday party for a friend of mine from school tonight. I joined WW online this week and so far it is going pretty well. I am a little confused about a few things, but it is getting better each day. I kind of like the challenge - found out that I am a hoarder - try to get by on as few points as I can during the day so that I have quite a few left for the dinner/evening hours. Will probably be able to have a couple of beers tonight!
Talk to you all tomorrow.
marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:09 AM   #7  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone ... still doing well, got another 4 points yesterday and am looking forward to seeing what the scales have to say this weekend since I have been so deprived I am actually trying to stay totally OP until Aug 12th when we are going to the State Fair to pig out completely!! So I am using that as a reward to stay OP ... so far so good ....

Marsha - I have been doing WW now for a year and a half, that is how I lost all my weight last year ... I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have, just let me know ... good luck!!!

Faye - Sorry to hear about your bad allergies, I know that sucks!! Sounds like you have them quite severely, do you take anything? Sometimes I have to double up and take Allegra and Nasacort to get relief ... hope you get to feeling better!! I know this hot humid weather makes it so much worse...it has been giving me sinus headaches from **** ...

Susan/Va - Sorry to hear about dh - I will keep you both in my prayers, keep us posted.

Scuzin, Amanda, and Julie and everyone "Hi!!!!!! "
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #8  
I CAN do this!

Hello everyone

I've been looking for a support group to join, one that's low in posts so I can stay caught up and I also noticed how wonderfully organized and focused your group appears! (I love daily focus'!)

My name is Jacque, I'm 22 years old and started out weighing 241 pounds, in 2 weeks I've lost 6 pounds and I'm already starting to feel better! (Exercising has given me more energy, and I love it!!)

I live in Colorado with my wonderful hubby of just over 1 year, a German Shepherd and 2 cats (and 4 baby kittens at the moment) I am a Nursing student and my hubby is a resteraunt manager, so we lead fairly busy lives!

I can't wait to get to know you all!
LegallyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well I blew it with my eating on Mon and Tues but am back on track as of yesterday - 4 points again. I've just felt completely wiped out this week - I think it's because of PMS, so I decided to take 2 days off from the gym. This is the first time since I started in May that I've had 2 days off in a row and I think my body probably needed it! However, it didn't help my mood any and yesterday I had to force myself out to my cycle class, which I normally really look forward to. After the class I felt so much better though and I've been again today, although I still feel lacking in energy - PMS tends to drain me!

We took Marley to the vet - we were so worried about him that we ended up cashing our next months rent cheque! The vet says he has a virus and is generally 'off colour' but it is nothing serious and he has given him antibiotics . He said to try him on different foods to try to get him to eat - so at the moment he is being very spoiled with tuna, sardines and kippers! We've been so worried as he hasn't eaten hardly anything since Sunday and he's so weak and listless, but thankfully today he has begun to eat a little and is looking much brighter.

FAYE - Sorry your allergies are so bad - hope they clear up soon.

SUSAN - So sorry that your DH has taken a turn for the worse - I will keep you both in my prayers.

SCUZIN - Sorry you got locked out by your housemates - that has happened to me before, it's such a pain!

CARRI - Good for you for staying OP - keep up the good work!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #10  

Hi all. No noted loss this week, but that's ok considering the weight lifting and TOM and all that jazz. I just hope to see some numbers dropping soon!!! My target this week is water! Its been a real challenge.

My wednesday woe a day late...ANTS!!!! They have invaded my kitchen. I'm getting some ant trap thingies today. *shudder*

Faye - Hope those algeries let up

WELCOME JACQUE
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:57 AM   #11  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. What crazy funny thing have you done this week....something dumb you ate, something stupid you did, etc?

Carri
Amanda
Faye

Susan/VA: We hope your hubby is improving and you have gotten some rest. We continue to pray for you both!!

Amanda: Sorry to hear your kitty is feeling sick. I worry all the time about my cat and dog. They are incredibly spoiled. In fact, the cat comes in around 5 AM every morning to "wake us up." He meows us to death and this morning I made the mistake of petting him. When I stopped he would nip my finger or when I moved my hand up under my head he started licking my elbow, which tickled so I had to pet him again. They both sleep with us so that is always lovely too. Luckily, with Fortune being small it isn't as bad as it could be. Hope YOU are feeling a little better too.

Carri: A lot of the meds I can't take and the one that I can makes me sleepy so I only take it at night and only when I am miserable. Last night was one of those nights so I was asleep by 7:30! But, that helped me catch up on sleep deprivation and I feel pretty good this morning. Oooh, the State Fair. Gosh, I haven't been to the Indiana state fair since I was a kid and back then it was nothing compared to what it is now.

Susan: I have ants too. They are summer pests. Mine are coming from next door I think but that still doesn't make it any better. There is a new home spray that uses like cloves etc instead of insecticide to kill them. You may want to check into that.

Jacque: Welcome to our group. We have a few that come and go and got down to just a couple of us a few months ago, but we have "plumped" up a little lately. I hope you enjoy what we do here. Please feel free to participate in the topics and the points everyday if you wish. I try to keep everything up everday as I kind of "control" the thread so to speak.

Marsha: We are staying at the Orleans. That is where we stayed last year for my son's wedding and that was the first time we had been to Vegas. I am afraid it is going to be a yearly trip for us as we have fallen in love with it and my favorite sister lives 4 hours away in Calf. We love the Orleans. The prices are good (we got a $45 a night deal) and the rooms are huge. Everyone is friendly too and the pool is great. Besides, it isn't as high brow as some of the strip motels where they treat you like you are slugs, ie the new Wynn hotel. I found out he put a Ferrarri dealership in the hotel and they charge you a fee to go into the dealership to look at the cars!

EVERYONE TELL JACQUE ABOUT YOURSELF.

Jacque, I am going to be 52 in Sept, I have 2 children, Jack who is 31 and married a year and my dd is Kelly, 27 and married and has one little boy, Thomas who just turned 5 and is my little sweety pie. I have been married almost 33 years to a scrumptious man who served for 20 years in the Navy and now works for the City of Memphis. I stay at home and have no plans going back to work. We live in Memphis, now, but I grew up in Northwest Indiana. My top weight was around 410 and I am about 325 now. I am working on it.

Have a good day everybody!

Julie, Nikki we miss hearing from you!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 07-22-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #12  

Wow, okay...I know it's been a while since I was in here...but sheesh! They made me log in again. Bad Julie...

I'm still alive and kickin' The writing is going really well, I just landed an article yesterday for "For Me" magazine that will come out in Nov. It's nice to know I can finally start seeing my name on the grocery stands instead of only in weird specialty publications. The novel is still floundering in some slush pile somewhere, I got nowhere with the agents. Well, I shouldn't say that....I got awesome feedback from the agents, just none wanted this particular book. Sadly, I can make more money writing 1 article that takes a day than I can writing a whole book....so, articles it is for now.

Dh is losing weight like crazy, I'm not. I will when I decide that exercise is a priority. But at least I'm sticking in the same range. I had a huge sugar pig out last weekend at a medieval campout--a friend brought 6 gallons of blueberry and strawberry meade! I'm still de-puffing from that.

I'm so far behind, I won't even try to do individual replies....but I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to get back in here more often. Promise.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 AM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well I woke up today feeling rough again - I have a fuzzy head and am a bit achy, so yet again I didn't feel up to the gym. I wonder if I have caught Marley's virus? I am just going to have to accept that this week has been a bit of a wash out in terms of both food and exercise - this has not happened to me for quite some time, but I will get over it as soon as my PMS, bug or whatever is over.

The good news is Marley is continuing to get stronger - we have to stick a tiny pill down his throat each morning and the scratching and biting he did today shows he's definately getting better!

WELCOME JACQUE - My name is Amanda and I am 32 years old. I currently am unable to work due to depression, but am getting better all the time. I started my weight loss journey on the 1st Jan this year weighing 267lb, and have slowly but surely come down to 235lb. I have suprised myself by becoming a bit of an exercise buff - I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and find exercise helps to lift my mood (and helps me to get away with not eating right 100% of the time! ). I am counting calories - currently around 1600 a day. So you are a student nurse? My brother is training to be a Paediatric nurse and he loves it.

JULIE - I am so pleased that you are getting lots of articles to write - I am sure a book deal will follow soon! Congrats to your dh for dropping his weight! Don't stay away so long - surely you can spare 5 minutes in the morning for us?

FAYE - Your pets sound as spoilt as mine is! Here is something that will either make you laugh, or will make you angry...........I just read on the news that some people hung a banner from a motorway bridge telling everyone who dies in the latest Harry Pottor book and who the half blood prince is! Can you believe the lengths some people go to for a laugh!!It made me chuckle, but I haven't read any of the books. (The police removed it because it distracted drivers).

Hi to Susan, Scuzin, Carri and Niki

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #14  

Hello, ladies! Have a few minutes to check in.

For the newcomers, I am Susan/VA (since there is another Susan). My highest weight was 356 pounds (1971) at which point I joined WW and lost 201 pounds. Kept it off for 25 years, got some health problems and gained 30. Got 25 back off now and have been messing around with the last 5 for months - my fault, not WW. My husband is disabled and having some really bad health problems now. We have no children. I love to quilt and read and have one spoiled cat named Cupid (he has a heart shaped patch of fur in the middle of his back).

Well, ladies, I'm ashamed to say I've let the stress get to me and have gained 3 pounds this month. Ate out of vending machines while dh was in hospital and am having a hard time getting back on track. If we could just get him diagnosed so we knew what we were dealing with, I could get back in control. Unfortunately, I eat for comfort when I am stressed and nothing else seems to be working for me at the moment, including my beloved quilting.

I've written out menus for next week and hopefully can stick with them. If I have it planned I usually only eat that.

L
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #15  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls ... I got another 4 points yesterday...I really had to push myself to go exercise though, still have those days ... I think I over did it a little as my thigh muscles are quite sore... I weighed myself this morning and I am down 3 pounds this week so obviously it is working ... I am back going strong and for that I am very thankful...

Julie - So good to hear from you, glad the article writing is going well, make sure and let us know when we can go buy one ... I want to say "I knew you when..."

Amanda - Hope you feel better soon, dont be hard on youself for this bad week, you dont feel well and that is why you havent done so well, I know next week you will be doing great again!!! Glad to hear Marley is feeling better!

Susan/Va - We gain weight during stressful times...most all people over eat when they are going through a rough patch ... I know your dh will be better soon and you will be right back on the right track, you are such an inspiration having lost so much weight and maintaining for so many years...

Jacque - Welcome, I am a 31 year old, I work at an insurance company, have been married for 11 years now, no kids just one spoiled little westie dog named Les...started WW in Jan of 2004 and have lost about 50 or so pounds since then, hard to keep track since the last couple of months I went up and down so much, ha ha ...I do the WW flex points program and I really like it, I still have a ways to go but I will do it!!!!

Faye - I do not have any funny or stupid stories for this week, don't get me wrong I do stupid and silly things on a daily basis but they have slipped my forgetful mind ... you know how it goes?? HOpe your allergies are better today, it is supposed to be a high of 95 here on Sunday, good grief!!! I guess I will be inside all that day...

Well hope you all have a great weekend ( hello to anyone I missed ) and I will talk to you all later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote