Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #3 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us in 2005!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

Old 07-18-2005, 11:39 PM   #2  

Hello CJ

I didn't want you to be the only one left...so I posted!! I have missed you!! So...How are you? I've got to get in the bed but I'll post again tomorrow after I get home from taking MIL to the doctor.

Love & Miss You.....
Old 07-19-2005, 08:55 AM   #3  
CJ

Oh Sherry .. sooooo good to hear from you! Thanks for posting .. now I don't feel so alone! Its really good to hear from you - I have missed you too! How are you doing? I don't know what has happened with my group but I do not want to "give up the ship" .. at least not without a fight! I felt so "frantic" last nite, that's why I posted the "urgent" message. Will look forward to hearing from you later today ... hope all is well with your MIL ... and your hubby and son too. Thanks again and your post here means a lot to me.

We finally sold our house downstate and are not permanently living in our "cabin in the woods" up north. We have 40 acres - privacy! We were going to build a new house but since we have remodeled the cabin and it looks so good now we have decided to just put a large addition on the cabin. We'll probably start that next year. I'm not in any hurry - am very happy with what we have right now. We've added a beautiful wrap around deck on and I have my hot tub and I'm happy.

Well ... talk to you later. Have a great day and THANKS for keeping me company!

Love ya,
CJ
Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hey let's get this group back on the right track!

Hi everyone,
Well I just got off the phone with CJ, she had called me and we had a good old talk and I agree with her that we can't let this great group die. So here I am, See CJ, I am here and hopefully we will have some others come back to the fold and we would welcome any newbies as well to the group.

Things have gone well with me. I have been really on track with my weigh loss plan, still on my WW plan and so far so good. I finally found what really helps me and that is not obsessing about the weight loss, and everything that goes with it. I was just going up and down and down and up on the scale, and so therefore my weight was pretty much at a standstill. Finally I decided not to worry so much about it, but to instead start to change the way I lived and that meant to make better choices in my life foodwise. Once I chose to stop obsessing about it all, I was able to focus on just eating things better for me than the scale started to go down. Now I am down consideribly which is about 27 lbs so far. I have been drinking my water like crazy, and also exercising almost daily at Curves For Woman, which I really like. I haven't been journaling at all, because for me that has always been hard for me to find the time to do it. I could drink the water and exercise faithfully, but for me personally I would feel like I would be obsessing again and I don't want to do that. Mind you, I am NOT in any way down on anyone that does journal. I think it is a very good thing and important, and this way you can see at a glance what you eaten and I may one of these day journal once again. So I can see what I have eaten and if I gain I could see what I had that may have contributed to it. Just for me right now I don't want to do this, as I am trying to make too many other changes with what I am doing.

So things have been great and I am going to continue to keep on doing this. If I want something more than life itself, than I will have it and right away go back to my more sensible choices. I know I didn't get the way I was by only occasionally eating something I shouldn't, more than likely I was pigging out. I also know that this will be the way I will have to be for the rest of my life, but what is wrong with that? I can still enjoy life and a bite, or even a small piece of cheesecake when I want, I just can't have the whole darn cake that's all. And if I want to indulge on a big piece of cheesecake-RIGHT ON! It may be worth it if I want it badly enough.

So I now feel much better about my life and other things and therefore about myself now. I hope that we can talk to each other about what we want and help each other find our way.

I will post again so I can say HI to my buddies in a few minutes. I just wanted to post this and try to help someone else struggling with the same feelings or maybe someone can post with some other good idea's. Let's keep this group going, hope to hear from anyone who is lurking, regulars, oldies, new people and anyone else who may want to join us and let us know what works for them.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-19-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #5  

Default Part 2!

OK, now to talk to all my buds.

CJ-Thanks so much for the phone call, it meant so much to me and it has been much too long since I have posted. You are an amazing lady, if you don't know that alreadly. But you are still such a brat for starting the new thread, even if you don't have much competition since hardly anyone has posted lately. Ha Ha Thanks for giving me gentle nudge to get me back here where I belong. Glad you are doing well on your low carb plan and I know we will get where we want to be if we just keep at it. And thanks so much for the wonderful birthday wishes to me. I loved it!

Sherry-Hey there my good friend, I am sooooo happy to hear from you again. I miss you so much and hope you are doing great in everything in your life. How is your family? Your hubbie and the boys too? We all love you here so much and you know you are such a special lady to me as well. Thanks for posting with us and don't be a stranger cause we love you.

Sylvia-How you doing girlfriend? I miss you lots too. The American Heart Association Heartwalk is coming up isn't it? I just know you are walking and walking to try to get ready for it aren't you? I know it will be a piece of cake for you because you are on determined lady I know. Speaking of cake! Happy belated birthday to you also. I sure hope you had a great one!

Sweetooth-Are you all recovered from your surgery? I'll bet you are as good as new by now. How is your Mom doing? I hope everything is going well for her too. My gosh I just saw that you have lost 67 pounds and are 3 pounds less than your goal. Hip Hip Hooray to you! YOU DID It!

synger-Oh my gosh, it's our synger! How wonderful that you poped in and posted with us. You are surely missed by us all. I can't believe you little girl is now 4 yrs old, gosh it seems like you just had her. I am happy she is doing so well. I also went on your weight program websites and read. You did a great job and it will help others to read what you wrote too. Glad you are back on track and I know you will do well. Thanks for sharing your site with us, and don't be a stranger. A big hug to you!

Rhonda-I saw that you were posting a while back about how you gave up soda and I have pretty much done the same thing and now usually have water pretty much all the time now cause I guess the pop has sodium in it and I was drinking so much that I was not doing very well weighwise. So now if I drink any pop at all I will drink and only occasionally Diet Rite, which has no sodium at all and that has really made a difference now I have noticed in my weight loss. How have you been doing? I hope great and really doing awesome on your plan.

Well guys better get off here and get some things done.

Love you guys and hope we get The Thin Group up and running and back to where we were and that means we have to post post post. Even if it is only a line or two to let us know how we are doing, that is ok.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-19-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #6  
CJ

Sharon - thanks for posting right away! Maybe there is a chance for us afterall ... it was great talking to you today too ... it has been a long time. Yea, one good thing about me posting alone, I get to be the BRAT all the time - lol. But, I would rather have all my friends and new ones posting with me than "holding" the BRAT TITLE all the time!

We have a new poster who answered my "distress call" so I took the liberty to copy her post to this thread ... So girls ... meet Norissa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_3_Monsters
Thought I might stop "lurking" (although this is my first time, I saw your urgent post. lol reeled me in with that !) I joined last week and I am still learning my way around the site. There are so many different groups and such !

My name is Norissa, I am 33 years old, a part time SAHM, I babysit 3 days a week, I have 3 children 8/5/4, married .... if I missed something please ask ...LOL

I hope you will return and post with us often, Norissa - Welcome aboard!

Well ... just got out of the hot tub so going to get in my jammies now and crawl under the covers. Finally, we have a cool night tonite - quite the relief from the heat spell we've had for the last 2 weeks!

Talk to ya all soon - I hope! Thanks everyone for posting - let's keep it up ok?

Love to all,
CJ
Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Good Wednesday Morning .... I hope that I get to "meet" some of y'all !! Hope you have a great day ... I will pop back in

*Edited for typos LOL*

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Monsters; 07-20-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:53 PM   #8  
CJ

Doin my part in keeping this group going ... just popping in to say a quick hello as I am about to shut down my computer. Got a storm coming thru here - looking pretty nasty out there right now.

Hope everyone is having a good day! A big HELLO to our missing members .. hope all is well with you and you get in here SOON and POST!!!

Talk at ya later ...
Love, CJ
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 AM   #9  

Hi guys,
Well it looks like we are starting to do alright postwise, so far so good.

Welcome Norissa-Glad to have you joijn our wonderful group. You sound like a busy Mom with 3 kids, especiall with you babysitting 3 days a week as well as being a Mom to your kids. We have 4 children, but they are all grown up now. But I remember well the days when they were small and I understand how hectic it can get with little ones. Hope to get to know you much better and we can help each other get to where we want to be.

CJ-Hi ya! Are you all dried out from you hot tub experience? I'll bet it must be great getting in that relaxing hot tub, getting into your jammies and than to bed. One of these days we will be back for a visit and can sit in the hot tub with our bottle of Buttershots you said you have put away for when we visit.

Went to my WW meeting today and lost another 1 1/2 lbs, almost 30 pounds down with that loss. Now to try to hit my 30 pound goal and than work on another goal, which will be maybe another 5 lbs, have to make my goals small or else they will be overwhelming to me.

Come on and join us anyone and everyone, we miss you oldies and would welcome some newbies as well.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 07-21-2005, 12:49 AM   #10  

Hello Ladies!

Sorry for being MIA. I've been busy doing stuff for my parents and then we decided to redo the kitchen (the color I chose dried differently on the walls and it caused a lot of stress). My Dad's uncle passed away and we didn't know how my Dad was going to take the news. Luckily, he took it well. My sister's boyfriend cheated on her and she's been a basket case for the past month and a half, so we've been busy trying to keep her spirits up.

I've been trying to hang in there. My parents went back to Mexico last week. Luckily, my sisters are stepping up to the plate and taking care of my parents' house. My niece (the one that I watch) is going to preschool three days of the week and I will be watching her every two weeks (if that).

With all that's been going on, my eating habits have gone done the drain. I haven't been walking but that is going to change once we finish the kitchen. Nico is a normal two year old...at least that's what the doctor keeps telling me everytime I call to ask about his tantrums. To all of you ladies who have more than one child ...I bow down to you! I don't know how you do/did it. I can barely handle one.

I do have soemthing to share with all of you. I had a doctor appointment on Friday (just a follow up) and I mentioned to her that I am frustrated with my weight. She recommended a website that has all sorts of wonderful and healthy recipes. It's www.whfoods.com I looked through it and it has a lot of information.

CJ- Howdy Chickie! How are you my friend? Don't worry, we won't let this group die. I promise to check in more often. Congrats on selling your house!

Sharon- How are you my friend? We won't let this group die, right?

Sherry- Howdy lady! It's always nice to see you. Are you going to work with the Titans this season? Football season is about to start!

Big hello to all of those I didn't mention by name.

Hugs to all!

Sylvia
Old 07-21-2005, 03:03 AM   #11  

Hi sylvia,
So glad you posted. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you have been and also missing you as well.

Gosh you sure have been a busy girl lately, you have a whole lot of you plate don't you? I know it can seem overwhelming when everyone wants you to do things for them and you may feel like you are being pulled apart and going in all different directions. But just hang in there, now your parents are gone again and now that your sisters are pitching in and your niece is coming only every so often that sure will help you mentally. I know you may have fell off the wagon, but I also know you are going to climb right back on again aren't you? YOU CAN DO THIS!

I went to that website you told us about and there are loads of healthy eating choices there. Thanks for sharing with us.

Take care and talk to you later and anyone else who wants to jump right in, COME ON!

Love you, Sharon
Old 07-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #12  
CJ

Slyvia!
So good to hear from you! Sounds like you have a lot going on right now, but really glad to see you post. Don't worry, things will settle down ... sorry to hear about your dad's uncle. So how long are your parents going to be in Mexico now. Don't worry about falling off the wagon .. we all do that! Just as long as we keep picking ourselves up and starting over we'll be ok. Just keep going ... keep going .. keep going going going going. One day we will get to where we want to be!

Sharon:
Congrats on your weight loss! Good job! No I'm not dried up from the hot tub - lol. It's soooooo relaxing! As a matter of fact, I just got out of it a few minutes ago ... going to put my cream on my legs and arms and then it's off to bed I go.

Well ... we do have a great start on this thread don't we? Let's keep it up!

I'll talk to ya tomorrow .. sweet dreams everyone.

Love, CJ
Old 07-22-2005, 08:52 AM   #13  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

TGIF !!! Hope everyone has a great weekend !!!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:08 AM   #14  
CJ

Well good morning ladies! Where did ya all go? Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I would have if it wasn't for my sinus headache that lasted 3 days ... But, we finally got some much needed rain and the heat and humidity are down some ... I said "some" .. lol

Hubby is working today (actually all this week - remember, we're retired - haha) ... think I just may go into Walmarts and see what trouble I can get in to. Haven't been there by myself in a while so can take my time and look at the clothes - not that I need any. But, I did spot a couple tops that looked very appealing - maybe I'll buy them.

Went a little off my carbing this weekend .. getting back on track today tho! For Sure!

Well, hope to be hearing from you all this week ... like SOON! Got to keep this group going - no "pooping" out!

Peggy: We still haven't heard from you -- hope all is well with you and your mother. Hope to hear from you soon.

Talk at ya later ..
Love, CJ
Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #15  

Cool

Hi guys,
This will just be a quickie post cause I won't be on for this week. I don't want you to all think I am MIA. I am heading to daughter Kelly's now in Indy and we are driving tonight to other daughter, Tracy's in Illinois and driving to Chicago for a few days. I can't wait to do this Mother/Daughters trip. I should add niece to that mix, cause we are going to see SIL and friend, Chrissy's daughter Ellen who lives, works and goes to school there at Loyla University. We are going to stay in a hotel downtown Chicago so should be fun and I can't wait to get there. Other niece, Emily or Chrissy can't make it so will be just he 4 of us. Hope we don't get into too much trouble there. Ha Ha

So carry on without me guys CJ, Sylvia, Sherry, Norissa, Peggy and everyone else and I will post when I get back I promise. I love you guys and hope everyone is doing fine. I will miss your lovely faces but I will be back!

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-25-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread