Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #143

No ... haven't left for vacation yet. We're leaving Sunday after church Lord willing. And I do hope He's willing because I've already paid for the cabin and there's no refund! Here's where we're staying if you're interested:

http://www.heartlandrentals.com/2bed/tt/index.html

I had to rent a 2 bedroom in order to get everything I wanted but this one was still cheaper than most of the one bedrooms I looked at. I figure I only have a 40th anniversary once! It's pretty nice and half-way between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, so convenient. The only one bedroom I found that was cheaper than this one was 9 miles out ... too far.

I have spent so many hours on the computer the last few days. We're also trying to get ready for the fair and I've been trying to find promotional products to give away with our logo printed on them. I got 1000 balloons, 1000 rulers and 500 pens. We had a bunch of pencils left from the home show last spring. I found some letter openers I'm thinking about ordering, too.

My back is killing me. Don't know if it's the way I've been sleeping or sitting at this darn computer so much (or both!)

Mima ... have fun with the little guy while you can. I know you'll miss him when he's gone. I'm trying to get my cousin to come over (from NC) for a visit the 29th while things are kind of slow with our businesses. She's in the same business we are and things have calmed down a little right now. I miss her so bad sometimes. We both are on MSN and we both have cell phones with nation wide but it's just not the same as face-to-face visits. She's the closest thing to a sister I have. (My 2 best friends would kill me if they read this! But ... they aren't blood related!)

Joanne ... hope you have a good vacation and don't get blown away. Hope you have sun and not rain like we're having this week. It's terrible here.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Meme- You have a wonderful 40th.We were up there several years ago.(Christmas to New Years) A cabin in the mountains. For a Florida gal that was exciting.
We think the beach should be nice since it looks like Emily is going west towards Mexico. My hubby says he hopes it hits a bunch of druggies and washes them away.
Hello everybody..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #3  

That's just too funny.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:14 AM   #4  

That is funny-yes, it looks good for you. Hope you all have a great time. Well, everyone is gone. I do miss that Evan. We went to the beach Tuesday and there was a FREE handicapped space right in front and than the lifeguard helped carry Al to the beach and they got a special beach wheelchair to carry her back. Sunday she goes to the camp-it sounds awesome. Went to church last night-thought I was working on baskets-instead we did flea market stuff. Wheeze and back hurts. i have to concentrate on the crafts!!!I ahve to start marking down tv shows for the Neison Ratings!!! Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #5  

Hi. Just stopping in to say hi. I have been not doing too good for the past two weeks with this darn back. Hurt to sit. Finally, got to the chiro on Monday, and yesterday, I have to say, I felt really good. No pain!! I thank God everyday for leading me to this Upper Cervical Chiro. He is more than that actually, as he was a regular chiro for years before. No manipulation - EVER and he keeps me feeling great, both with my back and the FM.

Meme - cabin looks wonderful. We stayed in Bonners Ferry one time, in cabins just like that. They were so nice. Pine furniture and patchwork covers. Loved it. Happy 40th anniversary to both of you.

Mima - so now you can relax, even though you miss them. It is really tiring having little ones around when you aren't used to it.

Joanne - glad the hurricane spared you. Gosh, that would scare the dickens out of me. We have a tornado now and then, but really, never heard of one of those until Edmonton was hit 17 years ago, and then just 20 miles from here 5 years ago. They scare me as well. I hate violent weather. I hope there will be NO hurricane threats when you go on your trip.

Candice - you are worse than me about getting yourself here. Hope you are feeling better.

Here is a picture of Ashley, already 7. She just lost her front tooth and asked her mom to take a picture and send to grandma

Hope you all have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #6  

That's adorable, Anne. Yes I am rested a bit-went for a walk with Auntie-83 and humid and we walked for an hour-had lunch-and walked home. I have a couple more things-I am doing a workshop at church for kids to make items for the fair and next Sat, we are having people over to watch a video. Wed is Brad's bd so I will be making an orange creamsicle cake and serving it on Sat. He wants a blender to make milkshakes, It;s a good idea because he can make them low sugar. And low fat. Brad has the deck off and putting a new foundation under the porch. The yard is dug up and we can't get out the back and the gas is disconnected. Oh well. I don't want the kitchen to fall off. Bye for now. Mima
Old 07-17-2005, 06:42 AM   #7  

Hey Meme, have a great vacation!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  

Default Hey There

Happy- What a cute little girl! The storm is tearing up Mexico. I would sure hate to pay a lot of money to go to those places and lose it for a storm. They have messed up a lot of Florida in the past couple years.
Hello everybody...Busy day so this is short for now..Joanne
Old 07-18-2005, 09:17 PM   #9  

Meme, I remember Ed Bruce! Your trip will be wonderful. We just got back from Michigan yesterday, and it was great. My doctor is sending me for an x-ray of the lower back. It has been awful lately. That was the only bad part about the trip. I kept having to take breaks to rest the back. Hope yours is feeling better soon!

Joanne, I've been wondering how you've been with all of the storm activity down there! I agree with your hubby about the druggies!!! Wouldn't that be nice!

Mima, how nice that someone was there to help with Al. That had to help everyone's spirits. We did that thing for TV a long time ago. They wouldn't want us to do it now. We rarely watch TV. I want some of Brad's cake!

Anne, ok. There are enough of us on here with bad backs. What can we do about it? We need a miracle cure for all of us. Ashley is so cute! You can tell how proud she is of losing that tooth.

Today we finished up packing up the things from the garage sale. I took oodles of things to Goodwill. The lady there was not very nice. I'm not used to that. Usually they are very friendly and helpful. She was almost mean. I'm getting pretty outspoken in my old age, so I told her what I thought. I also told her that the next time we will take things elsewhere, and I planned to tell my friends the same thing.

I've been reading a Diabetic Cookbook for Dummies. I ordered it ages ago, and I think that it's time to be putting it into practice. Bob's levels have been pretty high. He is not trying very hard to watch what he eats. Maybe if I start cooking better and more of a variety, it will help all of us.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 AM   #10  

I try to cook right for Brad but he eats stuff when I am not around, Glad you had a good trip, Tammy. I am goping to get a massage on Thurs-I am trying a new person that is close by. I was traveling far before and the massages weren't that good. We have been going to VBS at church. The kids go to the VBS but the adults have choices of classes. I went to painting-a landscape painter showed us his paitings, and tonight I am going to learn how to crochet with my arthritis fingers. This morning I am going to my church to get ready for the children's worhshop. We are going to make frames out of spongy material. Too bad about your expeience with Goodwill. Remember, it's not all of the people. But I sure hope your back is better. I am hurting today- I have been eating things I shouldn't-we get dinner at VBS-haven't had to cook this week. Brad is putting a foundation under the kitchen-what a lot of work. When is your vacation, Joanne. Bye for now Mima
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

Tammy- As long as the storms don't get as bad as they did last year I am fine. I really like rainy weather.. But not a lot of wind and lightning.Glad you had a good vacation.
Mima. We are leaving Thursday for north Fl. and vacation. We are a little concerned about what we will find. The area we are going to was pretty tore up.The house we have rented is right on the water.. The realitor told my daughter that it was good to go. We will need to buy drinking water ,I think. I heard there was a problem with the water up there. We planned to do that anyhow. I don't like to drink tap water.. Too much is put into it these days.It is a great place to just get away. No industry,not much traffic. Very private. We like to take our books ,suntan oil,walking shoes,food and bathing suits and just lay back. Watch the sunrise and sunsets. In general just enjoy each other as a family.The only ones missing will be my son and his wife..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #12  

I need to call and make an appoinment for a massage. I have never done that, and I think I need to see what it's like.

Joanne, I hope your trip will be as enjoyable as ours was. Relax!! Books are wonderful. I read while we were gone too.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:24 AM   #13  

Yes, Joanne. That vacation sounds great. And you get to spend time with your daughter. Brad turns 64 today!!! But we are not going to celebrate today because there is on e more day of VBS, I am learning to crochet!! I made a circle !!! I couldn't do that before-it was fun. Back tonight. My workshop for kids is this morning. We are going to make picture frames for the Fair=I got them started yesterday. The parish center cat had done a mess on the floor and Sister Nancy started to gag so guess who cleaned it up? Just like here-Brad gags and i have to clean up after Cassidy. It's all a scheme. Gotta go eat-get a massage-you can't believe how nice. Lots of people specializi in fibro. Mima
Old 07-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #14  

Honey ... I'm home!

We had the PERFECT 40th anniversary vacation. We had a cabin out in the boonies. There were other cabins around us but ours backed up into the woods. Half of the back deck was screened in with a hot tub ... the other half had a table and a grill. We grilled steaks out one night. The bedroom downstairs was huge with a hand carved king-size bed and a big jacuzzi. We played pool and watched movies (Miss Congeniality 2 and Hitch) and we went to a dinner show one night. I didn't want to leave ... EVER! But ... all good things must come to an end. I did a lot of shopping, too. We took Nika with us and I was surprised. She was the best little thing. She had never been on a leash out side the house. I tried her inside a couple of times a few weeks ago but I really thought the whole time I was leaving her at the kennel. Then, at the last minute, hubby had me call the rental agency and ask about bringing her. They said yes, for a $25 fee. That was a lot cheaper than the kennel fee so he said what the heck ... we'll try it. She was great. We put her in the upstairs bedroom at night and when we were gone and she used her papers ... when we were on the road she went in the grass when we stopped and she had never even been outside more than a few times. Needless to say, we were impressed. We stopped at a mall on the way home and hubby sat on a bench with her while I shopped for a little while. He said everybody was stopping to pet Nika ... he had women coming out of shops WHERE THEY WORKED to pet her. Said one woman picked her up and was talking to her and everything. I told him if I died he should just take the dog and go to the shops and pick up women ... no worries!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #15  

Mima, I gag pretty easily too, so I can understand the others. I was trying to change one of Tim's diapers right after he was born, and Bob had to come and finish it. Oh my!

Welcome home Meme!!! Your cabin sounds delightful!! I was checking out the website last night. Now I just have to convince Bob that we NEED to go there sometime. That is great that Nika did so well. I don't think we could trust Kramer to be that good. He's a bit older than Nika (he's 11), so he's pretty set in his ways. Too funny about hubby "picking up chicks" with the dog magnet. lol

I had an x-ray of my lower back done today. I don't have an appt. set up with the doctor, but I know he'll call when they get the results. I go for a stress test on Monday. I go to the rheumatologist tomorrow morning. I was there in January, and I think health wise, I was doing better then. I still think the changing of things at school is bothering me more than it should. While we were on vacation, I used the pool and whirlpool at the hotels. That was wonderful. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Then when I got out of them, it was back to the achiness. Maybe I'll become a mermaid and just live in the water all the time.