Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  

Default Week at a Time Challenge #4

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM   #2  
Haley

CONGRATS!!!! to everyone who is working on their goals!

Sorry I kind of dropped off last week, wasn't doing much exercise, just trying to eat healthy. I did get in two days of VERY long bike rides (the second day I forgot to eat before I went and almost passed out, I need to remember to have food in me before I work out).

I am down 2 pounds this week, and am very excited to be only 10 pounds away from onederland! I'm going to stay on task this week, because I would like to lose another 15 pounds by the end of summer.

My challenge for this week is to do a cardio workout for an hour, 5 days a week. I am also challenging myself to keep up with my 8 glasses of water a day, because I am forgetting to do this on the weekends.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Last edited by haleys; 07-18-2005 at 11:59 AM.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #3  

Default Awards for Week #3

Good Monday Ladies - your winners from last week and motivators for this week are . . .

carla You are a shining example of hanging in there in the face of challenges!
princess So happy to see you on the board again this week!
Squiggly to you on your goals for this week - 60 oz water, 20 minutes of exercise, and no pop!
Sushi - You did great!
Bonniebelle - Your goals for this week are great - Go Bonnie!
Bev We are pulling for you to meet your goals for the coming week: 30 min/day walk, track water, eat before 8:30 a.m.

and me - I couldn't have done this without all of you! My goals - exercise each day (20 min.) and drink 72 oz water

Have a great day!

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #4  
Looking for Thin

I'm going to do it this week. I did it all on SUnday and I will do it all today.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #5  

New (more realistic) goals for this week: drink my 8 cups of water per day, and walk at least 10,000 steps. (Of course I forgot to put on my pedometer today, so I'll have to guess...)

I didn't eat the pasties at coffee break, a triumph for me. And I've done about half my steps. There is a little gym in the hotel. We'll see.

Cat - thanks for the encouragement.

Carla in Cowtown
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #6  
Looking for Thin

I met all of my goals for the day. I guess technically the jury is still out on the pop considering the day isn't over but I'm confident that I will succeed there as well. I got my exercise in and will surpass my water goal. I'm also within my limits on calories which will be in my goals for next week. I wasn't ready to make it a daily goal but it was a bonus.
COngrats to all that are doing a good job.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:59 PM   #7  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Everybody, Happy Monday!

Congratulations upon your successes and efforts during the past week and good luck for the upcoming 7 days of new (or continued) challenges.

mscat816, I haven't done it yet, so let me take a line or two (or more ) to say how much I appreciate the fact that you started this thread. It's great to share our challenges and goals in a smaller group setting and getting individual feedback, and I also feel that everyone who participates actually cares about the other's success (which sometimes lacks in large groups, even though support at 3FC is awesome). And it's much easier to challenge oneself when there is a group of people doing a similar thing at the same time and supporting you! Thank you again!

As I posted in last week's thread, my challenge for this morning was to get up and go to the 7 am Step class. I did get up, but I didn't make it to the gym because I was feeling very light-headed and nauseous... it settled down after I laid back down, and I went to work and have been fine all day. I'm disappointed about not attending the class, but at the same time I feel sort of proud of myself because I'm doing a double shift at work today, despite being low on sleep.

Anyway, here are my challenges for the upcoming week:
- I want to extend my water challenge and drink at least 2 litres of water everyday
- I'm going to train my willpower and healthy eating habits by having just a tiny small piece of chocolate everyday (and not a bite more than that!); this is going to be a challenge because I picked one of my favourite chocolates to do it with, which I haven't had in a while. I usually eat all of it in one sitting, so having just a small piece is going to be challenging! (in childhood, I was encouraged to do so in my nutritionally disturbed parental home - although it was only once every few months)
- work on improving my sleep schedule, so that I can start going to the gym early in the morning again and be able to function the rest of the day
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #8  

Default Monday Night Sign-off!

Well ladies - I haven't exercised yet I ate late and I am exhausted. Have good thoughts for me that I find the energy and will to get on that treadmill before bed!

Bonniebelle You are invincible! I wish there was something we can do to instill courtesy and responsibility from the toddler parents! We are doing great and you are leading the way!

squiggly Great idea having a "bonus" goal.
carla and a bonus for resisting those pastries!

Sushi - you have every reason to be proud of yourself! You're welcome and thank you so much. Your goals are fantastic - let us know how you did with your water today.

mscat-
Old 07-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #9  

Default Kudos to haleys!

haleys - You are 2lbs down! We are celebrating with you!

mscat-
Old 07-18-2005, 11:13 PM   #10  
Haley

Thank you everyone

Day 1 goal: accomplished!

Drank lots of water and 20 min of an aerobics class and around a 50 minute bike ride.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #11  

Day one okay! Not only victory over the evil purveyors of pastry, I also drank my water as planned and walked at least 10,000 steps (more like 15,000, I think, but didn't wear the pedometer for my first lengthy shopping outing.)

Bravo Bonnie, Haleys, Mscat, Sushi and Squiggly. You are so good.

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 AM   #12  

Default Day 1 is done!

Oh my ladies - I finished my 35 minute tread workout at 12:15 a.m. and my last bottle of water too! I am counting it as day 1, darn it! I hope I can get on in the morning so I won't be doing this again at the stroke of midnight.

Nighty night!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 AM   #13  
Looking for Thin

2 days no pop. Yeah, but now I'm suffering from a huge headache. I'm going to bed.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #14  

Monday report - Walked 35 minutes in the morning and 35 minutes again in the evening. Managed to eat a peach and a piece of toast with "phony" butter at 6:45. I just am not hungry before 10:00 ... but I'm going to do this! Worked from 8 until 2 and usually don't drink water at work as we are on phones and it's hard to drink much without extra breaks -- but I did drink 48 oz total for the day. Knew I was a bit low on my working days, so that's why I decided I'd better track it.

Bonniebelle - Good for you on the calorie counting!!! One day at a time is what I keep telling myself.

Haleys - 2# down --- YEAH!!!! Onederland is just around the corner. I'm sure all your bike-time is helping and hang in there with me on the water tracking -- we can do this!!!

Sushi - The "one bite of chocolate" is a good idea. I could never do it. Chocolate and refined sugar seem to be my triggers so I just avoid as much as possible. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm stronger.

Squiggly -- You can do the no pop thing ... I know you can ... I quit Classic Coke cold-turkey and it ##$#@ near killed me. But I did it and am so glad I did. I know I could have a glass within my points, but basically it's just empty calories and so much better if you avoid it. Maybe try a small glass after you've earned it with some extra exercise or something ... just use it as a treat if you have to. I drank Crystal Lite for a while but pretty much stick to plain water now. Maybe I'll mix up some CL today and drink a glass or two of that to up the water consumption.

And Cat - I am so glad you did your treadmill last night!!!! I know you'd be kickin' yourself black & blue this morning if you had not.

You are all a special group of ladies and I am so glad I found you. If I'm honest with myself I know I get out for my walk in the morning just so that I can tell you all I did it. Childish I know, but it works!!! And I know on the day that I don't make it, you'll all "kick" me out the door the next morning ..... right?

Everyone work on making this a good Tuesday ... Bev
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

We got pushed all the way down to page 2 of the subforum, so I'm rushing to post and bring us back up.

I drank a bit more than 2 litres yesterday, and today I'll probably end up at close to 2 litres (I'm finishing my 4th bottle as I type, and there is still ice skating left in the evening).
Day 1 of chocolate experiment went well, and I'm actually not craving it at all. Which is a great thing, because the past few months I just couldn't stop eating chocolate! But I can be like that - I once went without any kind of sweets/treats for the whole summer as a promise to myself and gave up various favourite times at various times in my life. It's been a while since my last challenge of this type, so it's cool to find out I can still do it. Now, to not eat cherries (or eat little cherries) at this time would be next to impossible and I'd probably feel unhappy about it, cherry season is so brief!

Congratulations to everyone and remember you're not alone!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote