Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Mondday, Monday. Gab thread for Monday 7/18/05

Good Morning and Happy MONDAY!!!! It may be Monday but just think....we're already moving closer to Friday!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  

I just needed something to perk up my Monday. Usually Mondays aren't such a drag, but today I lack any motivation. It's 7:23 AM and it's already HUMID and HOT . I woke up at 5. Rain, Rain, Rain. So No walk for me. My new laundry area is about 4 inches too wide for my treadmill. So now I have to find it a new home. Which I just can't find. So I can't even do that this morning

So....I am gonna heat up my house some more by canning blueberry syrup. But I have to do something with all these blueberries. I have never canned syrup before and only once did I can without my husband being here to help me. I have a new canner, usually we borrow my MIL's. So hopefully I don't blow up the house

I am wondering what DH is gonne wear today...I think he has a stash of Dockers he hasn't worn yet, but I think he's down to the weird colored or too small Polo shirts The tools are still scattered all over my house, I am not doing laundry until he puts them away in the garage or back room. That was a condition of the "finished" product. I am letting him slide on the sanding and painting b/c frankly I'll do a better job LOL. But seriously he needs to get done, I'm running out of undies LOL

Well off to make my syrup while the kids are sleeping. Then if it quits raining I'll go picksome more. I's like to make jelly too. Wonder if I can use splenda? Or maybe find a low sugar jelly recipe online? HMMMMM.

Have a dancing banana kind of day everyone
~misty
Old 07-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

LOL I hope he gets that done for you soon!! But at least if you do run out of undies, you can hand wash your own lol

I hate late Mondays. We work from 11 to 7 pm, and I hate them!! They just suck! I hate getting home so late. ugh.

Anyway. I get up this morning to exercise. And I was tired and sooo hot already and I didn't want to do it. But I did. I had planned on doing both sections of the DVD for a full 40 mins this morning, since I could get up later, and don't have to be to work until later. But half way through the first 20 mins, I started to get period cramps. The stupid thing is like 5 days early, so I am not happy. Especially cause it couldn't wait another 20 mins. I get horrible cramps, and its hard to do anything on the first day of TOM. So, I attempted to start the 2nd half, but gave up because I'm in so much pain. As soon as I eat breakfast, I'll be drugging myself up! lol.

At least there is one good thing today. Dr wont be there He's gone the whole week!! yes!

~Liz
Old 07-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! I start my Masters program today and WW tomorrow! It will be a week of changes but I am ready for it! It's supposed to be a hot one today here as well 105 they said on the news last night. Luckily for us in Oregon we don't really have humidity so I know thats an upside! lol

It's going to be a bit challenging for me to get exercise in since I would like to do it before school but since I am such a night owl I have a really hard time getting up in the morning. I'm going to try my hardest this week though and try to get in some good exercise habits. I don't want to go to WW and then slack on the exercise since I know it goes hand in hand.

Misty, I worry about dh's work clothes as well lol. We both do laundry but seem to both neglect his clothes for work! However it is a little easier for him since he is a diesel mechanic, doesn't really even need to match so that makes it nice. However if he doesn't have anything to wear he will wear his nice clothes and get them all stained and that makes me so mad! Hope your Monday blues turn around soon!

Liz I can't workout either with cramps, it's not even worth it to me! lol I'd rather lay on the couch when that happens! I hope you start to feeling better and get the rest of your workout in.

Well i need to finish getting ready for school. I'm really excited to start and hope that it's as fun as I've heard it is. You ladies have a great day! Can't wait to check in tomorrow after my first meeting!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #5  

I'm a smurf, or maybe Barney. My hands are all blue, bluish purple LOL! Who knew straining blueberries would be so hard. I've got blisters, blue blisters! Maybe I did something wrong?

Well anyway I am taking a break while the juice strains through the cheesecloth for the second time. Since there is no pulp to work around I am letting gravity do my work.

I haven't had breakfast yet. I think I will eat with the kids. I found some WW bread this weekend. I haven't tried it yet. I am pretty sure the package said 1 point for two slices. it was the lowest point bread I could find in the medium sized local grocery store. I will have more choices when we drive the hour drive to the bigger markets.

Lizzy, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Don't cha hate that? But you got in soem exercise and that's more than I can say. Great JOB! It's got to feel good knowing you pushed yourself even though you didn't feel like it. Have a good day at work. I wouldn't like that schedule either. I am an early bird. When I worked my favorite schedule was 6-3. It's kind of the schedule I ahve now, but my kids are always here so it's still a 24 hour job LOL. Have a good day anyway, hope things get better for you

Bayleysmom- WOW you are really working on alot all at once. I wish you the best of luck!! My husband NEVER does laundry. I am currently on a laundry strike. He left tools laying all over and my laundry area was half finished. So after months of tripping on saws and looking at 2x4's I told him finish and put ALL the tools away or I am not washing any more clothes until it's done.

Well I have one little guy up so I am gonna get him some breakfast and finish my syrup. Talk to you ladies later!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-18-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #6  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Misty~ My husband would be running around naked if I refused to do his laundry- lol! And I bet your blueberry fingers will be worth it in the end when you're enjoying that wonderful blueberry syrup.

Liz~ I'm sorry you've got cramps. I'm early this month, too, (well, my PCOS means I'm actually unpredictable- but still earlier than I expected it) and feeling rotten. WTG on getting up and exercising!

Bayleysmom~ What an exciting week for you! Good luck! I'm a night owl, too, and tend to stay up really late, then be exhausted in the morning, then use caffeine to get myself going. I'm working on changing my routine, too.

As for me, today will be nice and quiet. I'm getting my packing list together for vacation next week, getting a few groceries, doing some laundry... nothing exciting. Depending on how I feel later (crampy and tired right now) I might take DD to the YMCA.

This morning my main project is copying a bunch of recipes from a WW cookbook that I need to return to the library this week. I'm making my own WW book with recipes that I've found online or copied from books. I'm also including whatever other WW-related stuff I print off-- like my list of fast food menus with points, a guide to activity points, etc. (I didn't join WW to get the starter books- I'm doing it with info from online.) It's just a 3-ring binder and a bunch of copy paper... it's not fancy, but it will work for me!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by AmyMCGS; 07-18-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #7  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Wow-what a weekend! My Lori is out of town until Wed. am and I survived being left alone. I did great! I stayed on program all weekend. I did eat alot of wierd stuff yesterday, I didn't post it, sorry-it was waaaay too hot to sit at the puter yesterday.
Today is another new day to another week and I am excited! Today is also the 1st day of week six. The evil week six is when I usually fall off program, so I'll have to really work at it this week. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be a breeze! One can only hope!

Misty~ The laundry strike cracks me up-you go girl!

Bayleysmom~ You CAN do this, we are ALL here to cheer you on!

Amy~ Great idea! I have alot of recipes that I have printed off also. What a GRAND IDEA!

Okay ladies, back to work, I'll check in later!

~Izzy (Lisa)
Old 07-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Lisa, you WILL get through Evil Week 6 -- with our help! It's just another week, no biggie. Another week you'll have a loss, another week closer to goal. If you give into the Evil Legacy of Week 6, you'll not only be another week further from goal, but you'll backslide and then be two weeks further away from goal, three weeks further away from goal. Then you'll lose sight of goal altogether and the Slimmin' Sistas will have to form a posse, show up at your front door and reprogram you. And you don't want to go through THAT again, do you? Oh, wait, you don't remember your original WW programming? Ohhhhh, that's right... we erased...that...memory. Oh, shoot, did I say too much?Wait, Fergie, no! I'm sorry. I'll never reveal the matrix again! What is that in your hand? A stale bagel... oh, no, don't smite with the dreaded stale bagel! ......

Oh, God, I am bored.

Last edited by MaggieShines; 07-18-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #9  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I just wanted to say welcome, welcome WELCOME to Jill and Steph. So glad you joined us. This is a great, lovely, supportive and funny group!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #10  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Oh my goodness Maggie! You made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants! I did the potty dance all the way to the bathroom!
Thank you so much for all of your support, well, um...I think it was you...my memory seems to be a bit foggy...

Lizzy~
I'm sorry that I forgot you, I didn't mean too!
I hope that your day goes well and that the darn cramps leave soon.

~Izzy (Lisa)
Old 07-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #11  

My scale has been mean all weekend. Grrr. I hate Mondays. And Tuesdays. And Wednesdays. And the last half of Sundays. And the first half of Thursdays.
My husband is still sick and I think he will be staying home today. I did nothing in terms of housework/packing over the weekend so I was looking forward to a day alone to get some work done, but that will not be as easy. Sure, I can do stuff while he is here, but I can not dance around to cranked up music like a stoned monkey. . . I wish he would stay in bed. I think the sleep would do him good and then I would be at a better position to baby *cough* erm take care of him.

Today I will find out about my interview. If I do not get it, I will be quite a bit crushed, but if I do get it, I will just be stressed out about the interview itself until it happens. Then I would stress out about the decision after that heh. It is just. . .if I must be stuck in a dead-end job, I would rather be stuck in a higher paying dead-end job. *shrugs*

I am with the other night owls. When I had a regular job, after a year I was slowly starting to go to bed before 1:00. Now with a night job, I am spoiled and often stay up until 2-3-4. I still wake up at 7-8 though (but usually have a nap during the day. . .you know the kind where you sit down to read your e-mail and wake up two hours later?). I am trying to reduce my caffeine intake, but it really is an addiction. Have tried substituting orange juice, but it takes points and just gives me an acidy taste on my tongue after I wake up from napping on the kitchen floor.
Last night I stayed up until around 3. I am very bummed out about having to start life over in an apartment by myself. But, last night I got a creative streak and started sketching all these ideas for my new place. Just ways to decorate and such. Came up with some really cool stuff that I can make as soon as I get some paint. I am hoping some of the people on the freecycle board in my area have some extra. Is really expensive to buy a few different colors of paint, especially when you are not going to use much. . .on the other hand, who ever finished a whole can of paint (and does not start another)? So hopefully I can get some leftovers. Anyway, thinking about decorating and such gives me a nicer outlook. And hey, in my own place I can be like a dancing stoned monkey anytime I want!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:58 PM   #12  
Thin Girl In Hiding

stoned monkey!?!?!?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Stop making me laugh so hard- I drink ALOT of water you know!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #13  

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I have a migraine today! Yuck!! It was one of those mornings where I couldn't figure out if I wanted to go to work or stay home. I think I'll be okay. I'm not that busy today at work, so I'm keeping a low profile. I get horrible migraines. I've been seen by a few neurologists, and I've been on numerous meds, but it's just something I have to live with (even though I'd rather not have to!).

My weigh in is today. I'M NERVOUS! I didn't have a good WW weekend, and I just started my period. I just hope that I didn't GAIN!

I'm also getting my body comp tested today. We got an e-mail from a grad student who is doing research on women and their weight. I offered to pitch in considering we get to use some of the high-tech instruments to test our body fat. I wonder how bad mine is....

Amy, I'm working on that sort of cookbook/type thing also. I only have the restaurants so far.

Anyone belong to TOPS? I'm considering maybe quitting the WW meetings, and going to TOPS instead. WW is just so dang expensive. It seems like I can maybe do this on my own, but weigh in at TOPS for the accountability factor. What do you all think?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! How's your day going?

Stephanie-I'm sorry to hear about your migraine. Those are horrible. My mom gets them. She's had them so bad she's gone to the er. I hope you will be abel to relax and get rid of it. Here are some happy thoughts for you. As far as not going to WW and choosing a less expensive group my advice, stay with it for the first 12 weeks to get all the info. Once you've done that maybe try a TOPS meeting first. See if it meets your needs. I like WW, mostly b/c of our leader. She makes going to the meetings worth it. Frankly if you like the program, but can find the group support elsewhere why not try another group and do the program on your own? WW's has a great program with alot of research and success behind it. In the end it is a bussiness, so take what you can get from it and if you can find the support you need elsewhere for less money WHY NOT? I'm not trying to encourage you to quit or anything. I think it's important to stick with a program and give it your all. But there are several folks on here that do not attend meetings. I didn't, I did it on my own with material from back when I did do meeting. In 3 months I lost 20 pounds (granted I gained it back after surgery but that's not my point LOL).

Hippohips here's a hug for ya We're all here so you aren't starting over by yourself. It is a big change but you are getting a chance to begin life a new. A new place to live, maybe a new job, and a new body thanks to your efforts to become healthier. Think of it as a big adventure. Who knows what is around the corner!

Izzy one day at a time, on estep at a time and before you know it you will be looking back not at week six but week 16, or 26. You are doing great and now WAY would we let you fall off. Like Maggie said, well never mind, you will breeze right through week 6.

Amy I love the recipe book idea! My friend on another forum thought about making a weightloss scrap book. Maybe I will incorporate the two. Recipes, inspiration that kind of thing. Well enjoy putting yours together

Well ladies I finished the syrup. 4 hours, two blisters and very tired feet yielded me three very, lovely and hopefully yummy pints of blueberry syrup. Three pints is not much. I didn't want to double the batch though in case it was bad. And seriously how much syrup does one really need? It's supposed to rain so I had to go out and pick the rest of the berries that were ripe. So now I have probably 2 quarts of berries I need to do something with. UGHHHH! This is where I staretd this whole process. I think I will try jam or jelly next. I just need DH to pick me up some jelly jars tonight.

I promised the kids we'd play candyland. So I am gonna go clean up the table so we have some room. Have a great day all!

~misty
Old 07-18-2005, 04:01 PM   #15  

Hey Misty, man blueberries are so expensive here. . .like $6-7 a little crate. And supposedly Canada has more blueberries than anywhere. Can you freeze some of them for later smoothies or blueberry shortcakes and blueberry crips and such?

Well, I got rejected for the job. I am so bummed, I might just cry.
"Since speaking with you, we have had the opportunity to review your application in depth and we are indeed impressed by what you have to offer. After careful consideration of your application, however"
Would have been nicer if they just sent "Sorry, not this time" rather than getting my hopes up mid-e-mail. Man, I really thought I had a good chance and might have been able to get a better place if I got the job in time. Looks like I am just going to have to take another part time job with something basic like a coffee house or such. Just bummed, bummed, bummed.

Last edited by hippohips; 07-18-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Thread