Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #1  

Default Question about Stickies?

Aren't the "sticky" threads for posting weigh-ins and food journals going to get to be terribly long?

I saw a post from Maggie to one of the moderators about newest posts appearing at the beginning of the thread. Right now, mine start with the #1 post to the topic and subsequent posts follow. I really kind of like it that way as I know what people are talking about when they post. Otherwise, wouldn't you see the answers before you knew what was being responded to? Maybe I'm just having a senior moment?????

Just a thought -- maybe we could just do weigh-ins, food journals/points, and challenges etc on a week-by-week basis. They really wouldn't need a sticky as they would remain on the first (perhaps second) page due to frequent posts. Just a thought .... Bev

P.S. Does everyone else see the posts reading backward? I have WebTV and it does weird things, but this is a first!
Old 07-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Mine read from oldest to newest, but you can change that.

If you go into userCP, and then under options, near the bottom you can change this. Under thread options, if you change it from linear - oldest first to linear - newest first, it will put the newest post at the top

~Liz
Old 07-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I'm so sorry for setting these things up without some more input from you gals. However you all want to do it is fine. Just let the moderator know and she will set it up. I guess weekly weigh-in and points reports would be best. I'm fine with however you all want to do it!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #4  

Maggie,
Hey, you did a lot of work getting things set up for us and it's greatly appreciated! Just thought we might want to think about some other options a bit before we jumped in too far. I have no problem with it as it is so let's just see how it goes.

Liz - I knew there was some way to change it. Just really hadn't investigated it as I've been pretty happy with mine reading oldest to newest. Will have to think about that a bit ... maybe you and Maggie are right and it would be more convenient the other way. At least I know how to change it now ... thanks!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Just a note on the stickies...most forums have them for their introductions or bio threads and for info that they want to keep for a long period of time - i.e. recipes, articles, tips etc.

Alot of groups do a weekly chat thread or a daily chat thread, a weekly weigh in, a weekly food log etc. Each week or day they start a new one.

A good example of this is the South Beach Diet Group. You might look around to get some ideas from the other forums and mold your area to suit yourselves.

If you all get together and decide that you want to change some things or add them just let me know or punky know.

I will check in with you tomorrow

Mauvaisroux
Old 07-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #6  

Hi there! First of all Maggie THANK YOU!!! You've done a fabulous job. All your work is appreciated. It is wonderful to have our own place and have information assessable. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

I too was thinking that I liked the stickys for Intros, and recipes, maybe even inspirations. But I agree that it could become cumbersome for the weigh ins and logs. Since we have a decent size group I suggest the following format....

Sticky:
Intros
Recipes
Inspriation

Weekly:
On Monday someone should start a weigh in thread. Name it: Weigh Ins (Monday's Date-Sunday's Date) that way everyone's weigh ins are covered as many of us weigh in on different days.

Daily:
Each am the first person to arrive could start a new thread named: Chatter or something like that (Today's Date)

And one labeled food and points logs (Today's date)

This way things should stay fairly organized and not too long. This is just my opinion, but whatever you guys like
Old 07-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #7  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
Sticky:
Intros
Recipes
Inspriation

Weekly:
On Monday someone should start a weigh in thread. Name it: Weigh Ins (Monday's Date-Sunday's Date) that way everyone's weigh ins are covered as many of us weigh in on different days.

Daily:
Each am the first person to arrive could start a new thread named: Chatter or something like that (Today's Date)

This way things should stay fairly organized and not too long. This is just my opinion, but whatever you guys like

I second Misty's plan! That makes perfect sense to me. Although don't count on me being the early bird to start the threads too many days, lol!

I would also like to add the thread I just started about favorite WW links as a sticky, if you guys agree.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #8  

Misty - Wonderful, clear explanation of what I was trying to say in my usual clumsy fashion. I really like the idea of stickies for the things we're going to want to refer back to ... but I doubt if we're going to care what we ate today three months from now!! And I detest long threads with a couple hundred posts.

Maggie - I surely didn't mean to hurt your feelings and if I did, I apologize. You did a lot of work getting a sub-forum for the Sistas - I'm such a procrastinator that if it had been up to me to do it, we'd still be jumping from one area to another and going batty by now!

And Amy - I'm with you. If anyone's countin' on me to start the daily threads, the day may get off to a verrrrry slow start.

Last edited by Bev in WI; 07-16-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #9  

I also Like the links page. Our forum could look like thsi then:

Sticky:
Intros
Recipes
Inspriation
Links

Weekly:

Daily:

I am generally up between 5 and 6 during the week. Soemdays I don't get time that early to do much. Most days I walk, shower, pick up my house. Then the kids arrive and I have a couple hours where I am awake and everyone else is sleeping. The kids I watch get here so early they come in thier jammies and sleep on my couch. So I don't mind starting a thread, or whoever else is an early bird.

~misty
Old 07-17-2005, 12:10 PM   #10  

I agree that this seems like it would be the best way to go about this

Quote:
Sticky:
Intros
Recipes
Inspriation
Links

Weekly:

Daily:

~Liz
Old 07-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Okay, so should I remove the weigh in and foodlog stickies so you can just start weekly ones in the regular area?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #12  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Okay, so should I remove the weigh in and foodlog stickies so you can just start weekly ones in the regular area?
Yes, I think so.

Also, the links page had to be removed by the mods because I included sites that are competitive in nature with 3FC. That was totally an error on my part- I just didn't think about the sites being similar to 3FC forums before I posted the links. I certainly don't want to detract from the wonderful forum we have here in any way! I was just sharing some sites I thought the rest of you might like. My apologies to everyone.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #13  

mauvaisroux- I think that what we should do too stickies on: recipes, intros and inspriration.

Sorry about the links thing. No worries, Amy you didn't mean any harm. That's what we have fabulous moderators for... To steer us in the right direction.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #14  

Don't feel bad Amy, I think a couple of my links too weren't ok for this site. I wasn't even thinking

Could we re post it, as long as we keep off the sites that aren't allowed to be posted here?

~Liz
Old 07-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #15  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev in WI

Maggie - I surely didn't mean to hurt your feelings and if I did, I apologize. You did a lot of work getting a sub-forum for the Sistas - I'm such a procrastinator that if it had been up to me to do it, we'd still be jumping from one area to another and going batty by now!
Oh, gosh, Bev, no, you didn't hurt my feelings! We're all jsut trying to get this thing up and running smoothly! No worries at all! But thank you. That was sweet.
Closed Thread