Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#42)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:38 AM   #2  

Hello

Well I worked that soccer tournment yesterday and I'm about dead! My legs & feet are killing me! Just how I felt when I worked Fan Fair those 4 days! It's all about "out of shape" and being "over weight!" If I don't get into shape & lose weight NOW, I'll never be able to work the football games. SO......

Starting tomorrow I'm back to trying to get the weight off AND WALKING!!! Three laps around my block is a mile. I'm going to start off walking 1 lap for a few days then work up to a mile. I really need your support & motivation. I know I can do it...right?

Got to go...Have a great day & a wonderful weekend.

Love & hugs.........
Old 07-16-2005, 02:30 PM   #3  

Sherry-You will be able to do it! I know you love to walk, and think about the time you will be giving yourself. Tomorrow is the beginning of the week, so it will be a good time to start. Pick the time of day that will be best for you so that you won't dread going out.

I am beat! I mowed our front circle with the push mower and did some weed eating. Some pieces fell off the weed eater, so I tried using the mower as a weed cutter. We are on 1 1/4 acres, and have a .10 mile driveway up to our house. Each side has a row of melaleucas on it. The neighbors always weed eat the one side, and we have to do the other. It hasn't been done in at least a year. It's such a mess. I am going to see if my parents will loan us the money to have someone come and do some work on the yard. I just can't stand it anymore. It looks like we are white trash! Our next door neighbors are putting their house up for sale, and I'm afraid they won't be able to get their asking price with ours the way it is. I think they are asking close to $900,000.00 for it. I just can't imagine anyone paying that price for it, but whatever! I am heading out to my parent's. See you later!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #4  
Janice

Sherry - I know you can do it! You sound so motivated and ready. We all will help as much as we can, we are all in the same boat and need to support each other.
YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #5  
Losing it!

WOW! $900,000.000 for a house Shelley! The high end ones around here run $200,000.00! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. We mowed today too... isn't it fun?? LOL! Maybe it will help to have someone come in and take care of the heavy duty work, then you will only have maintenance. GOOD LUCK! The weedeater sounds like our old one. We purchased a high dollar $300.00 stupid weedeater, best on the market...will last for years...the whole nine yards. After 2.5 seasons the dratted thing blew up! We are back using the $80.00 walmart special!!!

Sher, find you a good pair of shoes and some nice socks, grab a radio with earphones, have your watch and head out the door. Try walking 10 minutes away from your house, at 10 minutes turn around and head back home. By the time you reach your door, you will have a 20 minute walk! YIPPPEEE!!!! Try to stay at the same minutes for a week then each week increase your time by 5 minutes. If you take "baby steps" reaching your walking goals you will suceed so much more then if you try to over do things, then you will just get burned out. GOOD LUCK & I will be checking in Sunday to see how you did. You can come here and walk in the cemetary with me??? LOL!
Old 07-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #6  

Hello

Just wanted to say hi and see if everyone was having a great weekend!!

I walked today!! Thanks for the motivation!!

See ya later......Hugs!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #7  

Yay, Sherry!!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Great Job Sherry!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 AM   #9  

Thanks Gayle & Shelley! Gonna do it again tomorrow!!

Gayle....I fixed your S/F F/F Butterscotch Pudding Dessert and it is sooooooooooo good!! Drew even ate some! And he hates EVERYTHING!

Goodnight!!! Sleep tight...Don't let the bed bugs bite! Love ya!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #10  

Sherry I am so happy that you are walkiing again.You sound like your old self. I think that it brings up your spirts and you feel better about yorself. I am looking forward to seeing your daily progress.

Janice we went to Kenora and into the Lake of the Woods. Sherry's son was there last year. I believe it was in May and unusually cold then. We had a great time and picked half a pail of blue berries. I made pies yesterday. Yummy.

Shelley if your neighbors house asking price is that much just think of how much yours is worth. Yours may not be as pretty but it is still up there. The houses in my area sell for around $125,000-$200,000. Our city is known for one of the most reasonable citys in Canada for housing.

Gayle how is the scale doing this week? Have you moved off of your plateau? Just keep moving you will see results.

Now I have something important to share. I am so nervous. Remember when I asked you girls what you thought about a tummy tuck? Well I am seeing a surgeon today. I may have a hernia, where I thought my stomach muscle split. If it is a hernia it will be covered if not I pay. Chances are it is not a hernia. I am at a point in my life where I have lived with this since my pregnacy with Dez. So almost 20 years. I am still embarrassed of this even in front of Larry. I will get it done no matter what and am considering liposuction. It will be wonderful to get rid of this bottom roll I have that keeps me afloat when I swim! I would prefer a part tummy tuck instead of the full one because of scarring but we will see what the doc says. Larry asked me about a breast lift too. I am sagging from my pregnacies and nursing but not where it bothers me. Yes, I was perkier before but I can still go braless and not look like an old hag. I am a 36C, so I am hoping if I get this done that I shrink a size. Less for Larry to hold but it will be like he has a new women. There I told you all my big secrets for the day. I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck, I am scared and send money too! I will needs lots of it. ;-)
Old 07-18-2005, 12:57 PM   #11  
Janice

Dee,
I wish you luck for sure. I always watch extreme makeovers on TV and would love to go on that show. I think a few days of discomfort will be worth so much in the way you feel about yourself.
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Am I the only chicken on this board? The thought of any type of surgery/procedure scares me to death. I guess I'm a wuss, but some of those people look like they are in so much pain with all the swelling etc. after the surgery.

Dee, I hope you get good news today!!!! Will you have any problem getting it okayed since you have heart problems? YEP! I am still at a plateau, but it is my fault...I nibbled too much over the weekend. Back OP today though!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #13  

Dee-I'm so jealous!! I would love to have lipo on my thighs. I would also like a nose job, a face lift, a boob job--hey I guess I would like to be on Extreme Makeover too! Lucky you! Take before and after pictures!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #14  

I'm jealous too Dee. I would love to have some things done. Heck, I'd just like to have my teeth whitened and my bifocals gone! I hope it all works out for you.

I've had bronchitis for almost a week now and I still feel like crap. The up side is that I'm so stuffy I can't taste a thing, so I haven't wanted to eat. If someone would come up with something to numb my sense of smell, I think I'd look like twiggy!

Nothing really new here. Just the same old 8 to 5, trying to pay the bills, and wishing my life away. Sometimes it is so hard watching my brother and Rick's brothers buying anything they want on a whim and building $500,000.00 dollar houses. Don't get me wrong, I love my house and really wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I just sure would like to have one month that I didn't have to juggle to make ends meet. Even so, I'd rather be in this position and working at a job I love than back in business for myself, making money, but hating the work. Okay, pity party over!

I'm going to head back to bed now, my Nyquil is kicking in.

Take care all....
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Ramona, so nice to hear from you. Please take care of yourself, ok? I wouldn't know how to act in a $500,000.00 home. I have struggled my entire life making ends meet, I don't know the difference. It does get frustrating though to work your butt off just to pay bills and other are spending money so freely. I hope things settle in were you can start posting here daily again, I miss hearing from you.

Dee, I hope the news you received today was good news!

Shelley, you are beautiful....forget the nose job, face lift etc. Your kind spirit just shines through and you are a truly lovely person.
Closed Thread