Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default Slimmin' Sistas 7/15/05 FRIDAY!!! (insert happy dance here)

Good Mornin' All!

I hope nobody minds if I start a new thread. What a great group. I compiled a list of who we are, both from the old newbie board in WW general and those who followed us here. Do we want to post it? Or maybe every Monday's Thread that way it can be updated often, but not everyday b/c that could become tedious. Or is the whole thing just tedious? LOL If you want to post it and add in like a one line intro I think That would be cool. Like your name, where you are form, goal, and when you started on program

Well anyway, I just like little projects like that. Keeps my brain working.

~misty

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-15-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  

Friday

Can you all Tell I am a little excited about Friday? It's been a long week. I am on a laundry strike b/c MONTHS ago my husband was supposed to create a new wall around my laundry area. ANd for moths I have been looking at 2 x 4s. So I am not doing another load of laundry until it's finished. Tehy drywall is up, and he put the mud on yesterday. He seems to call that done, I say done is when it's painted. So we'll see, he has about a week's worth of clothes, by Monday he'll be hurting LOL.

Amanda I will have to look for that bread. I didn't like the 1 point for 2 slice white bread I found, but this sounds much better.

Bev all that fruit makes me want to go get some of my own! We have about 8 blueberry bushes which will be full here in teh next couple days. I can't wait!

F&L Avoiding Pizza and Cheesecake in one day, now that is something to celebrate.

Hippos hips to you too. OMG I laughed out loud at your description of the little dancing pizzas! Like some crazy scene from Disney's Fantasia or Alice in Wonderland!! My husband asked if I was ok b/c I was laughing in here all by myself.

Good Luck with your weigh in Liz.!

Lori and Izzy, OMG that looks so YUMMMMMM! I am so gonna try that this weekend!

Diva, feel free to use the avatar. I can make it a different color if you like. Not sure how to send you the file, but you can right click thsi one I think and use it in this color. But I'd be happy to change it if you'd like one that suits your favorite colors. That goes for anyone else who might like it.

Quite-Seems like you pulled yesterday back together despite the shakey morning at Natural Foods. Great Job

Well off to put son down for his AM nap. The kid was up at 5:50 am...WHAT was he thinking? In any event, we're all sick. The kids I watch have colds and thus we all now have colds. It should be a fun weekend LOL!

See you at nap time
~misty
Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Good morning everyone!!

Misty--I think it would be useful to have the names of everyone stuck to each Monday thread, plus one line about our goal weights, etc. We could even PM them to you, and then after next Monday's thread is posted, we could just copy that info and paste it into the following Monday's thread. Does that make sense? Lol...I haven't had breakfast yet, so I think I'm a little nonsensical right now, haha. And I love the happy Friday stuff! It was just what I needed to see after the bizarre dream I had last night, lol. It was all apocalyptic and weird. At one point, I dreamt I had a piece of fishing line stuck in my finger and couldn't find tweezers to pluck it out, lmao. When I woke up, I was even looking at my finger, expecting the fishing line to still be there. *shakes head* Weird dreams. But hooray for Friday!! WI is tomorrow...but it'll be okay. (I hope, lol.)

And oh my God, Lori and Izzy, that looks DELICIOUS! I was having some serious issues when I was that picture, lol. I haven't ever tried the Edy's No Sugar Added ice cream...how's it taste? The most I've ventured for low-fat was Edy's Slow-Churned ice cream, which tastes just like regular ice cream. But that particular kind is 3 points for only 1/2 cup, and it looks like this No Sugar Added is 2 points for 1 cup?? Doesn't take a genius to figure out which is better, haha. I'm going to go out on a limb tomorrow and try it.

Oh! I had a really great dessert last night, too! (Though I didn't take pictures...hehe.) I got a FF pudding cup (2 pts.) + 100 cal. graham crackers (2 pts.) + 1 tbsp. FF whipped cream (0 pts.) = 4 pts. It was like eating a chocolate pie. Though, to be honest, I think I should have used half a package of the graham crackers (like Lori and Izzy did for their 100 cal. pack of Chips Ahoy) because I had a mess on my hands--the graham crackers took over the pudding! Though, on some level, that was okay. So, anyway, playing with dessert is fun! We've got such great options these days! I can't wait to try Lori and Izzy's, hehe.

Well, everyone, I've got a bit of a day lined up. Have to read another book, go to the gym, and go to the mall and beg for a new shoelace for the sports shoes I bought yesterday--Callie (my kitty) destroyed one of the laces (she tore it into three pieces...*sigh*). *shakes head*

Have wonderful Fridays, everyone!
~Amanda
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #4  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

TGIF!

Misty~ Do you mind if we all copy your avatar? LOL. I just think it would be fun for us to all have the same "logo" in our posts for a while-- then we'll recognize each other on other threads.

Amanda~ It must have been a night for weird dreams. I dreamed that my MIL made me sing in front of a bunch of people (I can't carry a tune) by announcing my name and dragging me up in front of this group, and then got mad at me when I didn't know the song. And all the people in the crowd were there for various high school reunions-- some from my school, some I didn't know. It was really strange.

Today is an at-home day (I work PT). I've got to run to WalMart and the library, and DD and I will probably go to the YMCA later to swim. Otherwise, not a lot going on here.

I am eating breakfast as I surf this morning-- 2 eggs, toast, cheese, and tea. Lunch will either be tuna or a frozen 5pt dinner.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #5  
THICK and tired of it

Good mornin' sistas! Yay Friday! Misty, I love your enthusiasm and the laundry strike is hilarious. It reminds me of a short story I read a while back, but I can't remember the name of it, or even who wrote it- Maybe you can help Cal? It's about a woman who is fed up with her husband for not finishing the remodeling jobs in the house so she moves into the barn. I hope it doesn't come to that Misty!

I didn't post my meals yesterday so you'll have to trust me that I stayed OP- My menu was so boring yesterday, mainly leftovers of stuff you've already seen me post. But I did exercise yesterday- YAY ME!

Cal, my WI is tomorrow too! I haven't had a set day for WI until now- I've been weighing everyday (shame on me) but it is making me crazy. For instance, I moved my slider to 198 and then have been consistently over that- 201, 202- today I'm at 199, so I'm hoping tomorrow it will be at least 198 so I don't have to move my slider back the other way!!! Lots of water and veggies for me today, and lots of exercise!!!

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  

UGHHHH!! I'm STUFFED! I just had a ginormous breakfast. 4 slices Turkey Bacon, 4oz potato, 1/2 oz cheese, 1 egg, two egg whites in an omlet and a cup of grapes, plus a 16 oz of water and a cup of decaf coffee. I figured it to be 10 points. I don't usually eat so much at breakfast but it was 10 by the time I ate so I went for it figuring I would just eat a light lunch.

So anyway, anybody can use the avatar that wants to. I can change the colors of it if you want different colors.

I think I read that short story in college Lori. Maybe it was when I did my student teaching. It sounds very familar. Maybe I should do that LOL! For three years I had a new carpet in the hallway all rolled up to be installed in my bedroom. Now the bedroom has carpet EXCEPT a two foot section across one entire wall, it's been two years. For three years only three boards on my front porch have been screwed down. If you step anywhere but on the three boards it looks like a scene from the Three Stooges. It's to the point of being a running joke on my side of the family. I could easily screw down theboards, but I won't b/c it's a matter of principle

Here's a question. I have a fatfree creamer I use in my coffee. 1 Tablespoon is 15 cals. So it's zero points. But what if I use 2T, still 0 or 1? What if I drink a cup now with only 1T and then trun right around and drink a second cup with only 1T, count both as 0 or combine them as 1?

~misty
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #7  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Happy Friday sista's! TGIF!!! It been a busy work week, but I've stayed positive all week! ( even with my ex husband popping into my dreams everynight again, nightmares I should say!)

I'm having a good morning. I woke up ealy again, this keeps happening!
I have always had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, and now I am waking up before the alarm goes off! Maybe it's because I FEEL better and have more ENERGY than I have ever had! I guess that shows me why eating more healthy is GOOD for more than just my waist!

I also curled my hair and put make up on today, this is something that hardly EVER happens anymore! I actually feel a little on the pretty side today!

Somebody is testing my willpower today, there are 4, yes four boxes of donuts 4 feet from my cubicle. I think I'll eat my morning snack right now!!!
I Izzy will RESIST the evil donuts!
Ok, I have to go now. Have a great morning everbody!!!

~Izzy
Old 07-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #8  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Resist the nasty, fatty, evildoing donuts, Izzy! They're EVIL, I tell you! Besides, you resist these nasty buggers, then you get to have another helping of that amazing dessert you and Lori discovered last night! Hehe...just keeping it into perspective for you.

Lori--I don't think I ever read that story...though it sounds hilarious! It sounds American Lit., so that should narrow it down. I even want to venture into Southern American Lit., which makes me think of Flannery O'Connor, but that's probably not right, lol. You gave me a great idea for my WI tomorrow--drink more water today! Lol. I've been hopping on my scale every day this week (which I shouldn't do), and I swear I've either not lost any weight at all or I've gained a pound or my scale is lying to me (I prefer the latter, myself! ). Oh and more fruits and veggies today, too!

Misty--I would LOVE an avatar! Could you make it with light purples (lilac, lavender, that kind of thing), please? Oh, and also, I think I would start counting the creamer at the second tbsp. So just attribute 1 pt. to 2T. The worst that can happen is that it ends up being one point more than it actually is, right? Otherwise, maybe ask the meeting leader at your next WW meeting.

Well, ladies, I've procrastinated way too long this morning. Man...I usually go work out around 8 a.m. or so, and here it is 10 a.m.! Gah! So, I better run. Have a wonderful day everyone!

~Amanda
Old 07-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Well.... I did my weigh in....

I'm down to 257.4 I was worried for nothing. So I'm down like a pound and a half. Not too bad, considering I thought I was going to stay the same or go up Now I have to figure out and easy way to change my ticker factory ticker. I just had to go make a new one. The 3FC one is easier, you can just change the numbers.

Anyway, I will also have to try those desserts that every keeps posting, they look good!!

I haven't been listening to my music during my exercises during the week, and when I did it last night, I had my mp3 player going, and I worked out sooo much better. So I guess I'll have to remember to use it next week.

Misty - I hope you and your children feel better! Being sick sucks, and I hate it even more in the summer!

I like your idea with having our names and goals, and I think Calpurrina's idea about having it in the Monday thread is good too.

I hate cleaning, but I need to clean out the computer room. We are having the Cable guy come tomorrow to check out our cable internet, its sooo slow... but this room is a mess, and since its mine, my boyfriend asked if I could clean it up today... sigh... lol I guess I shouldn't have cleaned up our closet and bedroom last weekend... lol now he thinks I'll do that every weekend. But it was fun cleaning my closet, I saw how many clothes I actually have, and found a lot of things I want to fit into again.

Good luck with your WI Izzysgirl!!

~Liz
Old 07-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Misty, I'd love an avatar too Could you make one with different shades of pink for me please?

Thanks!!

~Liz
Old 07-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #11  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sistas!

Why are so many of us tempted at work?! LOL! It's like a cafeteria all the time!

And oh my goodness, that dessert looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I'm at work, and don't have a lot of time, but here's what I was thinking in ways of intros...feel free to edit!

Name: Freedom&Light
WI Day: Saturday
Highest weight: 345
Weight when started WW: 330
Current weight: 330
10% goal: 297 or 33 pounds
Long term goal: 145 ish or so
Plan: Flex
Job: Social worker at a nursing home

Is there anything we want to add or take away?

Have a great Friday, Sistas! I have to work tomorrow, too, but I'll post my WI results.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #12  

LIZ-I'm right there with ya sista...I have to clean my computer room today too!! But I have to do it so I can find some bills burried in this huge pile.

Our cable internet is soo slow too, we complained and complained and they keep sending techs out, who tell us it's working. But if you show them a speed test on a sight like internet frog they are like "OH! Well we don't know how to fix that." These techs didn't even know that Adelphia had their own speed test site. Their job is to just make sure we have a connection.

What the people on the phone didn't realize is my husband is a network engeneer who works for the company once owned by the cable company. It's now it's own telecommunications company that provides huge information pipes to other companies. So they are talking to someone who knows thier stuff and the inner workings of ISPs. We got a call from like a VP or something saying it would be fixed and there was an internal problem with the network. They were supposed to correct our bill b/c we pay for high speed but are only getting slightly better than dial up. SO then they charged us $200!!!!!!! Plus, the inetrnet is still slow. Yeah my husband is FUMING!! It's a big mess!

The lady I babysit for is tech support for the cable inetrnet company. She is supposed to just make sure it's on and then pretty much blow off any other problems. I think within the inner workings they KNOW it's not working and are still charging people for highspeed. Most people wouldn't notic ethe difference, b/c somedays it is fast erthan dial up. My neighbor works in accounting in the cable company and didn't know hers was slow.

Ok I am procrastinating. I really did come in here to clean LOL

~misty
Old 07-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #13  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default So frustrated

A good friend of mine and her daughter started South Beach on Wednesday. Today is Friday, and she has lost 4 pounds, while her daughter has lost 3. In two days, my friend has lost more than half of what I have lost in three weeks on WW. Plus, they're always pleasantly full; they never have to count or weigh or measure; and they're eating meat and eggs and cheese - the full fat version. I'm very happy for them, I really am. But I'm still thinking why the **** am I doing it this way when apparently SB is so much easier and faster. Sorry for the vent, girls. Hadda do it. I swear I'm not normally the petty, jealous type!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #14  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

That's ok, Quite! (((HUGS))) I totally get jealous of the "fantastic results" on stuff like Atkins- but I feel like crap if I try them. Seriously, I get migraines and can't function for the first week or two.

I would rather just adjust how much I am eating of my regular stuff. It's more livable for me.

But, you could try the Core plan for a week or so- it's almost the same thing.

(((HUGS)))
Old 07-15-2005, 11:53 AM   #15  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
Here's a question. I have a fatfree creamer I use in my coffee. 1 Tablespoon is 15 cals. So it's zero points. But what if I use 2T, still 0 or 1? What if I drink a cup now with only 1T and then trun right around and drink a second cup with only 1T, count both as 0 or combine them as 1?

~misty
I use my points to the tenths (so like 0.3, 1.4 et cetera) so it works out the same way. I love the logic, though. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quite-a-Handful
In two days, my friend has lost more than half of what I have lost in three weeks on WW. I swear I'm not normally the petty, jealous type!
Well, most likely she will be the jealous one in a few months when she gets a taste of sugar again and gains it all back. I mean, I hope she does not but anyone who grew up on carbs (as most of us did) has a really hard time sticking to just protein-type things. Anytime you are counting points for cereal or mousse or bread just remember that jealousy is a relative thing. A thing I love about WW is that you can have anything you want. . .you might have to wait until tomorrow or you might have to spread it out over a few days lol, but you -know- that there is always tomorrow for cheesecake.

My day has been great already-just feels like a Friday so that is good. I woke up on time and went to get another free pancake breakfast. Just so low on cash right now I figured this time I would eat half and freeze half. This one was about a 20 minute walk away so I was glad that I would get the exercise as well. Well, I took the "skyway" system here (indoor walkways) and got there in 20 minutes but the line was so long I decided bah. Was not hungry at that point and the endorphines did not want me to stand in line for an hour heh. I got terribly lost on the way home and it ended up taking me an hour. So, lots of walking exercise. I really love my mp3 player. . .just motivates me so much especially to walk faster and to the beat. Anyway, feels great to get exercise in early and I was just amazed by the walkway system. I thought it was just to keep people out of the rain, but there are not sidewalks so there are no sidewalk crates (everything is nicely carpeted and appropriately angled). No smoking or cigarette butts. No cars. No panhandlers. No waiting for the signal. Et cetera. Just great. I also figured that it would be less safe, but it is much safer and there are cameras all over the place and shops and offices that are -right- there. Not to mention all the coffee shops and juice bars on the way. I definitely could get used to that. I am hoping Monday I will get up and have the urge to make it a habit. I just wish I had better shoes. . .my feet just ache. Hope everyone else is having a good Friday!

Last edited by hippohips; 07-15-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Closed Thread