Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 09:38 PM   #1  

Default Oxycise IS Exercise! #21

We were on two pages so I thought I'd start another thread. Please read all the posts on #20 because this thread is really rolling. It must be all the energy from doing Oxycise!

Hi all you Oers! Good Oxygenated Morning !

Meg-I can tell how happy you are with Oxycise! It makes me feel so good to see others enjoying it as much as I do ! It only gets better too Meg. It's an amazing program for amazing people just like you! Keep up the great breathing and those inches will be falling of your body!

Susan R-Thank you for the compliment too ! I agree with you about Oxycise being the best thing around and I will never give it up either! It's really changed my life and is honestly the only thing that has helped me get rid of these stubborn inches. I still have a way to go but I know with this program and good people like you and everyone on this thread to support and to motivate me I will reach my goal and feel and look great all the while! Thanks for being here !

Juliette-If I haven't told you before I just love your name ! It's so romantic sounding. Don't worry about falling off and on the Oxycise wagon we all do it now and then. The important thing is that you are back on it and are seeing results from it! I'm so glad you have recommited to the program. It is so awesome! I'm thinking of buying the Oxycise! book too. I would love to read about. I just have the tapes but I think the book would be an excellent reference to come back to. Keep up the great O! and welcome back!

MEME-Did you manage to do a little O!? You know you don't have to do all the positions just the breathing will do you a ton of good! I hope you are feeling better.

And just an idea for all the newbies. If you want to make sure you are doing the breathing correctly if you haven't done this already email Julie at [email protected] and ask her for the breathing tips. This really helped me out a bunch.

It would have been so easy to stay in bed this morning but I didn't. I got up and did my O! and I'm so glad I did. I feel so energetic and awake. O! is the best thing around. Thanks for being so supportive everybody!

------------------
Rose
Old 01-24-2001, 10:17 AM   #2  
Hang In There

Okay Rose Make me feel badder than I already do. I did stay in bed this morning!!! I did level 2 last night though. And the commuter tape today.
Julliette I thought I was the only one that thought like that. Oh great!! I've lost weight!!! now I can have Mexican food and Ice Cream and skip a few days... That's why I'mstill trying to get rid of the extra Christmas weight. But it's the long run that counts. Even with gaining over the holiday I am over 20 pounds lighter than I was at this time last year, and next year I'll be even lighter!!!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

------------------
Barbg
288/265/156
Old 01-24-2001, 07:37 PM   #3  

Well, it's two days in a row now! So excited! Last night I did L1 and L2 with Basic Tae Bo sandwiched in between. I feel sooooo much better this morning. It's amazing sometimes what a difference a few days of exercising can make in the way a person feels. Makes me wonder why some of us fall off... although it's probably something like the thinking that Barb and I succomb to!!! Barb - congratulations on that overall weightloss! 20 pounds is a lot to lose!!!

Thanks for the compliment on my name Rose. When I was in grade school I was always teased about the name Juliette (that whole Romeo thing) so I have always gone by Julie. Slowly trying to get the longer version back out there... That is so good that you can O! in the morning. I have been trying to get up early to do it (even shower the night before to get more time), but instead I waste that time sleeping more... at least I spend an hour each night working out - 30 minutes of which is O!

Question: Does anybody ever forget that they're breathing??? Sometimes I get so into the workout that I can't remember if I've been doing the breath correctly. Makes me nervous cause I know you have to do the breath correctly in order for it to work. Anyone else feel this way?

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 01-24-2001, 09:35 PM   #4  

Good Morning everyone!

Barbg-I was so happy to see your post this morning ! You always do so well Barb! You are the one that got me going again and you have the 20 pound weight loss to prove it! And you know how many times I've given in to the sand man so this was only one time out of many that I decided to get up instead of stay in bed. Keep doing the great job with the O!

Juliette-I would have never changed my name ! My name is so boring! Yours is different and makes people think. Whenever I say my name I always think of a diner and waitresses. I'm not sure why I just do ! Oh and about the breathing thing, yes I do forget sometimes about the breathing but you get so used to doing it, it becomes second nature. I posted on the other thread that I actually was doing it in my sleep! I think that's a good thing. Keep up the great Oeing!

Meg-How is the O! going? I hope you are enjoying it ! Check in when you can.

Claire-Where did you go? Are you doing Body Flex now? You can still post here if you are after all breathing is breathing right? Please check in I miss your posts you are always in such good spirits !

Susan R-I know your busy schedule keeps you from posting allot but when you get the chance please pop in it's always nice to hear from you.

MEME-How are you? Is the knee better. I hope so.

Anybody else out there lurking and not posting come on in. This is an energized group that will keep you motivated. Even if you are using other breathing programs you can still post here.

I did my L4 again this morning. I had to modify a few positions because of my shoulder but it really felt good. I'll do my commuter at lunch today after I drop my son off at home. He has half days today because of finals. Any excuse to work in some extra O! Keep Oeing everybody!

------------------
Rose
Old 01-25-2001, 05:50 AM   #5  
Hang In There

Okay Rose, you inspired me. This morning I got right out of the bed and brushed my teeth and then did my L2 tape. The lady I work for told me if I wanted to I could change my hours at my new job to the same I had with my old job. (I now have to be at work 30 minutes earlier) I think I am going to do that since that 30 minutes made the difference in letting me go to the health club in the mornings. My plan was to O in the mornings and go to the club when I got home, but so far I've not been to the club at all and today was the first day I O'd. When I go to the club I KNOW I have to get up and get out of the house, but as it is, I think,"just a couple more minutes," which soon becomes 30 or 45 more in the bed. And I don't feel as good as when I get up. Oh well, enough complaining. Well maybe not!!! I've done great on the weight loss since
christmas, until this week and this week I haven't lost an ounce. BOO HISS....UGG!!!
And I can't say I'll try harder either. Oh well, there's always next week!!!

------------------
Barbg
288/265/156
Old 01-25-2001, 08:19 PM   #6  

Last night was the third night in a row! So proud of myself. Although the important thing is to make sure I do it TONIGHT too!

Tried something different last night - I watched myself in the mirror as I did the breathing. It actually helped! I have also started turning the lights down low, so that the atmosphere is a little more relaxing. Unfortunately, I don't have the heart to kick my puppy out of the room, so every so often, the floor exercises become almost impossible to do.

Also realized I was doing the breath wrong. I was reading the message board on the Oxycise website and discovered that it's important to keep your stomach relaxed during the initial breath. I have been lifting and contracting during that initial breath, and I guess that is wrong...

Regardless, I can really feel my stomach muscles when I work out!!!

Next goal is to work on what I eat. That's going to be really hard! I love food - who doesn't - but my biggest downfall is huge portions, second helpings, stuff like that. Makes the weight watchers system almost impossible for me... unless I eat only vegetables... we'll see...

Anyway, looking forward to O!ing tonight - and pray that I can keep up the O!ing this weekend (when I tend to find it most difficult).

By the way - Rose, your name is beautiful! The Rose is my favorite flower - especially yellow roses. They really make the world a better place - just like you!

Barbg - Congrats on your boss letting you come in later. I used to work at a job where we started later during the summer, and I loved it cause I could go to the gym before hand. If I didn't have to be at work till at least 9:30 I would be as skinny as a rail!

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 01-25-2001, 09:41 PM   #7  

Good Morning all you heavy breathers !

Juliette-You are such a sweetheart ! Thank you so much for the compliment. You make the world a better place too! That is a great idea to O! in the mirror. I've done that a couple of times and it really helped to get me to breath correctly. As for the initial inhale, yes you should relax and let the air flow in and then lift and tighten before the 3 sniffs and hold through the exhale and the 3 poufs at the end and then relax and start over. Once I figured that out it really changed the way I was breathing. You are doing great by the way. I find O! both relaxing and energizing at the same time if that makes sense? I think it's the stretching that makes me feel so good. And the extra oxygen gets me energized. I have a hard time to O! on the weekends too but lets commit to it. If we find ourselves sitting watching TV let's make it O! time instead. Keep up the great job Juliette.

Barbg-WAY TO GO BARB ! I'm so proud of you getting out of bed this morning. I know how hard it is but believe it or not I'm getting used to it after only about a week of doing it ! That means it's becoming a habit for me and one that I won't want to break. Don't worry about the weight loss. Remember how your body adjusts to itself at different stages and how you are building muscle which weighs more then fat. One day Barb you'll wake up and say "where have all those inches gone"! Keep up the great Oeing!

Okay all of you missing in action please check in. Meg what happened to you? MEME, Claire? Where are you?

I did my L4 again this morning. I have to find my L3 for a little variety. So far I've just been doing L2 and L4 so I guess I need to dig out L3 and throw it in there. I feel really good today. Thank you all for being so supportive !

------------------
Rose

[This message has been edited by ras8779 (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 09:24 AM   #8  
Hang In There

Two day in a row with doin my O in the mornings. I've almost made it a whole week at my new job!!!

------------------
Barbg
288/265/156
Old 01-26-2001, 09:17 PM   #9  

OH NO! I missed a day. Yesterday I was just sooooo tired. Had a meeting after work that lasted till 7:30 and then had to go to the grocery store and didn't get home till almost 9. Ready to fall asleep standing up... so I went to bed instead of O!ing. Hopefully that won't happen today. I keep telling myself that if I can just do 15 minutes of O! even if I can't do the rest of the stuff. Ugh.

Anyway - Rose and Barbg keep up the good work! Hopefully we'll have more people on here soon! I vow to keep posting - and waiting for the day I can change my weight numbers. May be awhile though, since technically, I've gained - oops, but that's not O!'s fault, it's mine for not doing O! consistently... Whenever I do it at least 3 days in a row, I can definitely tell a difference... but then 3 days off, and it's back to square one. If I could just do it for a month...

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 01-26-2001, 10:37 PM   #10  

Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm so glad it's Friday ! This week did go by kind of fast so I really shouldn't complain.

Barbg-Good job on the O! Keep it up. How do you like your new job by the way? Let us know how that's going too.

Juliette-Don't worry about falling off of the O! wagon we all do that! The important thing is to get back on it ! I do the same thing you do. I'll O! consistently and then life will interfere and I will slack off for a week sometimes. But the important thing is to remember how great you feel and look once you do O! We're all here for you. You can do it !

Where did all the other Oers go? MEME, Meg, Claire, everyone else what happened? Please check in !

Okay so last night I went to happy hour but got home at 8 so I did manage to get some good sleep in and this morning I even got up and did L3 even though I didn't feel like it. I'm so glad I've started to O! in the mornings. I really doubt if I would have done O! if I waited until the evenings. This is working out so much better for me. I'm determined to look as thin as Jill Johnson and the only way to do this is to do O! everyday. Thanks for all you support and don't forget to O! over the weekend.

------------------
Rose
Old 01-29-2001, 12:59 AM   #11  
Hang In There

After I week, my new job is really interesting. I'm learning a lot and enjoy what I have been doing. There's only one problem. I have to be on "hold" with insurance companies a long time a lot of the time during the day. I'm looking for a list of body positions that I can do while I'm on hold. Do any of you have any suggestions? Keep in mind that I do not have a private office and can't be too conspicious. Let me know and I'll make a list and share it with all of you.
Today is my 35th Wedding Anniversary
Old 01-29-2001, 01:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/208/130

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I am new to this thread, I just have a couple of questions. I checked the oxysize site and it seems a little bit like yoga which is what I do but I find it very interesting. Does anyone know if these videos are available to buy in stores? I am trying to walk and do yoga everyday but lately I have been sick or something and I have no energy at all so I figure this might work for me. Thanks
Alia
Old 01-29-2001, 06:39 AM   #13  

Hi everyone—well it’s Super Bowl Sunday and well, it’s just not my thing and I thought I’d come in and check in with y’all! Hope you’re all doing well!

Juliette—I too find it helps to watch my breathing in the mirror—especially to watch that I don’t raise my shoulders and that I’m not raising my eyebrows all the time (creating more wrinkles there!). It’s great that you picked up some pointers from the Oxycise website on the breathing technique. Have you ordered Julie’s breathing tips? You can get them from her by e-mailing her at [email protected]. They’re very helpful. For those days when you miss your O!, don’t be too hard on yourself—just brush yourself off and start again the next day. We all need a break sometimes.

Barbg—That’s great that you have an understanding boss. It’s always nice to work with someone like that, isn’t it? Congratulations on you making Oxycise! a habit, by the way! You’re well on your way! As for positions at work, how about bun squeezes, knee squeezes, and leg lifts (if your desk will allow that!)? Happy Anniversary!! Wow! 35 years! That’s really something today! Congratulations!

Rose—I agree with Juliette—you DO have a very lovely name—and so do YOU, Juliette! Thank YOU for all your support, Rose! You’re always so positive and uplifting! I love reading your posts, Rose!

Alia—As far as I know, the videos are only for sale through the Oxycise! website or the infomercial—I’ll get the phone number for you from the infomercial which comes with an unbeatable 60-day money-back guarantee. Oxycise! will definitely give you tons more energy! I have been doing Oxycise! since June 1999 and absolutely love it! It’s become a permanent part of my life. If you’re interested, you can read my success story on the Oxycise! website homepage—I’m Susan Robertson. I also recently participated in the latest infomercial with many of the others who appear on the “Smiles of Success” and “Success Stories and Personal Experiences” links. Oxycise! is a great product and it will work with consistent and daily effort—just 15-20 minutes a day with gusto and you’re on your way! There are terrific people who post here regularly as you have found out, as well as a message board at the Oxycise! website where people post there too. Both boards will make you feel most welcome! Hope to see more of you, Alia!

Well, this weekend I did the Abs & Upper Body video two days in a row and wow! what a workout it gives your upper arms (where I sure need it!). I’m going to take a couple of days off from that video to give my arms a chance to rest and probably start with the Buns and Thighs tape(s) over the next few days.

Have a great weekend all and for all the Super Bowl fans—ENJOY!

Susan R.
Old 01-29-2001, 07:50 AM   #14  

Well Rose, I let go again this weekend. It just doesn't seem natural to do ANY exercise on a Friday night. Then on Saturday night I was cleaning my bathroom, and just couldn't motivate myself - but TODAY was a success! Did O! on a Sunday - normally takes me until the work-week to get back on track, but I pushed myself today.

I'm reading this great book and it said to list 10 things that would make every day enjoyable and I made sure I put O! down - so hopefully that will help me on days when I feel like a lush.

Great to see the rest of you back!

Juliette

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 01-30-2001, 12:07 AM   #15  

Hi Everybody,

I have a quick minute to do some posting so I'm going to take advantage of it. I did O! every day except for Sunday. I wasn't feeling so great and now I'm thinking maybe it's because I didn't do O! :confused: I am really starting to notice the difference in the way that I look. I know I've lost a few inches but you can definitely tell I've lost in my face. O! is so great!

Juliette-You are doing great! You proved that by doing O! on Sunday . Keep it up and pretty soon you won't want to miss it because you feel so much better when you do O! I'm sorry I didn't do O! yesterday. But I did get up and O! this morning and it felt great.

Susan R-Hi you little sweetie pie ! Thank you for all of your compliments. That is so sweet of you. I too love to read your posts and you are a true success story. It's an honor knowing an O! celebrity. I was a little disappointed this weekend when they showed the old O! infomercial instead of the new one. I've been keeping my eyes open for it again so I can tape it but no such luck. You did a great job by the way. Thanks for all of your motivation Susan !

Alia-Yes you will love this program! It's very similar to yoga except the breathing adds the extra aerobic benefit which makes losing inches much easier. You can order the program from www.choicemall.com or from QVC or from the Oxycise website, www.oxycise.com any of these places have great deals. The choicemall is the infomercial one and offers a 60 day guarantee. You can't beat that one! I hope you'll join us Alia. Oxycise is a great addition to any exercise program.

Barbg-It sounds like the new job is going great ! As for positions while holding, how about the bun squeeze? Or how about the press where you put your palms together and press them for your chest and arms. Or you can just practice all of your energies on your abs. That's what I do at my desk most of the time. That and the bun squeeze. It's amazing how it really does help and my butt is starting to get higher again! Keep up the great work Barb.

Okay I have to run. I wish I could post more on the weekends. I miss you all so much over the weekends. You really do motivate me. I'm hoping to get a computer with my income tax refund this year. I wish it would hurry up. Take care everyone and remember to O! at least once a day!

------------------
Rose
Closed Thread