Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Cool Cool Runners #14 -- July 11-17

Wakie Wakie !!

Yesterday I ran 11k, it was good but dang, the heat gets to me!!

Today no run but a good chest workout

TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #2  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hey guys i did my two miler and ran into my aunt this morning so I walked with her then we split up in a particular area and I resumed running. It was a good workout. I'm be working with the weights on my lunch today.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  

'morning all. I did 3.5 miles this morning, working up to 14 on Sat. yipee!! Hope everyone has a great week
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I just got back from a week's vacation. I managed to get some running in during my vacation though, including one jog that lasted 1 hour 45 minutes! I'm betting I ran at least 5 miles on that one, which is a new record distance for me. I slacked off and skipped my run this morning (still adjusting to being home and trying to wake up on time), but I'll be back in the swing of things soon!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I ran 12k yesterday at my 1/2 marathon pace. A cut back week since I've decided to run a 1/2 this Saturday that's not too far away from me. The course is supposedly pretty flat, so if the current heat wave breaks by then, it should be a pretty good race and hopefully a new pb for me. My 6 year old might run the kids 1k. He hasn't decided yet. He doesn't like to lose, so I'm not sure whether or not it's a good idea.

Ilene, the heat gets to me too. Even running at 6am I find it warm. I'm looking forward to fall temps and running with gloves on again.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Hi all,

I went to the Boilermaker 15K in Utica NY this past weekend. It was a fantastic time!! The course in itself is fairly tough, but all my hill repeat workouts and long slow runs had completely prepared me. There are also people cheering you on the whole way, lots of music, bands and at the end.... free beer... what else could you ask for. Admittedly I had too much so on the bus back I slept and slept and slept... I planned to take the day off today (don't worry I am using vacation time) so I am just taking it easy today.

We're debating which half marathons to do... now my FH is actually considering the Disney one is January which would be a lot of fun since a bunch of our friends are going. We'll have to see about the $$$ though.

Anyhoo it is hot this week, hopefully it won't be terrible.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #7  
Natty Dread Runner

I'm new to running, it's only been 3 weeks. I've already suffered shine splints and some ankle pain, I'm currently following the couch potato to 5 K training program I found on a website and also reading up at another site for women runners. any support or advice i welcomed. Congrats to all of you who are running and meeting your goals.

Jaime
sugarbianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:44 AM   #8  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Ellen you are kicking out those 5k's pretty good , I know you'll make your 14 miles you go girl!!

papperclippy that's great that even on vacation you got out there and ran and 1 hour and 45 minutes at that? You go girl!! That's awesome!

Ali congrats on the race did you make good time, I know you said you trained on hill repeats and everything it sounds like you had a blast great!!! Have fun with it Now get your rest lol

Only me the fact that you still pushing in the heat is awesome but like you I can't wait until fall comes around either to run and have the wind at my back woo that will be great. See last year I was 305 trying to run and it was alot harder but this year I can enjoy the weather and keep going at it.

Sugarbianca hello and welcome to the cool running forum there are some wonderful ladies here with wonderful advice so please check in with us and let us know how you are doing. As far as the shin splints and ankle problems are the shoes that you are running in actual running shoes because if not you may need to check into that and also make sure to stretch after running so as not to damage any muscle tissue. Have fun with it and go slow don't rush yourself. Also there is a book out that helped me tremendously that I picked up from the library called the complete idiots guide to jogging and running by bill rodgers I think that's what his name is and honey he covers EVERYTHING. To the lingo, running spots and shoes, stretches and exercises to emphasize strength and the 8 week running program IE couch to 5K (their all the same LOL). have fun with it it shouldn't be a terrible task that you have to complete it should be a goal that you can successfully reach and do for the rest of your life

2 mile run in 25:31

will do another run on lunch probably.

Oh and my hubby and son are just the BEST I woke up late and was rushing out for my run and as soon as I opened my bedroom door they were singing happy birthday to me LOL. Well my hubby was singing and my son was half asleep mumbling and hubby said he couldn't wake my daughter up she sleeps too hard . But that made me smile and I felt better and pushed harder on the run LOL.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #9  

I'm trying to start the cool runnings website <Day 1 week 1, but I'll get there!> and WAAAAAAAAH! I HURT. OK, I know I've been neglecting my body for years now, but still. And how much water is normal to retain after going out? This sucks rocks.

I'm glad to read others' motivation, makes me think that someday I might actually be able to do this. *sigh* It's just not feeling like today. I had my alarm set to go off this morning <would have been the third morning in a row> and I just ignored it. Couldn't even remotely make myself get up. *sighs again*

Anyone else need a pick me up and dry me off?
Shalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

The world is conspiring against me but I WILL run today. In the rain...Or the 90 degree heat...Or whatever comes up!

Besides after the day I am having I will need a run to improve my lovely mood. Otherwise...I may not survive the night...my DH will certainly murder me and dispose of all evidence! LOL!
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #11  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't like my new trainers. I'm just frustrated. My old trainers are great on one foot but not on the other. I change them, my "bad foot" feels great in the new ones, but the foot that was OK doesn't like them.

Maybe I can run in odd trainers...

I think to break them in I'll run in the old ones and do other stuff in the new ones, and hope that they improve once my feet get used to them.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  
Natty Dread Runner

Thanks Mrs. D,
Happy Belated birthday to you!!!
I'm wearing Nike running shoes now, a pair for stability and cushioning, i started out with a cheap pair of Champions and i went to fast and for too long. My pain is slowly going away and I'm running again after taking time off to heal. Stretching, ice and massages have helped me alot.
sugarbianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #13  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Thanks sugarbianca it's not belated it's today.
I'm happy for you getting some new runners I'm sure be out there having a ball in no time at all.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #14  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday Mrs D!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

MrsD Happy Birthday Have fun on your day !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote