Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs up FAB 40'S & FIT 50'S #174

Thought it was time to begin a new thread...the other was too long.

Es, good luck at the dr.

HI Terri, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann, Mscat
Old 07-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Whoops, I think Jen and I were posting at the same time and I didn't realize we moved to #174 - so I copied my post below.

Good morning my buddies:

Feel's like I haven't been here in ages.......oh, wait.......I haven't I started vacation last Friday too and on Saturday we went to Philadelphia to pick up my DIL and the kids. They spent a few days with us, barbecues, pool, fireworks, etc. We then dropped the kids off at their other grandparents and they will stay with them for a week in NY while my DIL comes back to Philly - we just brought her back last night and we stayed over. This is the first time in a long time that she will be without the kids for a whole week - she really needs a break. She's going to school to reinstate her nursing degree - R.N. Its been rough on her since she and my son split up, but she's doing really well now - I'm very proud of her (and not so proud of him!) Willie's sleeping and I'm on line to check out some sites to see - we'll spend the day here. I'm on vacation until July 19th - we'll just take some day trips into Jersey (beaches), Manhattan and most of all the backyard

Es, amiga, so glad to hear you're doing so well after the surgery I'm glad you're not in a lot of pain. Is Pete home with you this week?

Jen - congrats on your loss 15 lbs is fantastic and you lost it so quickly You're doing a great job! to Matthew - I bet he will be riding that bike without the training wheels by summer's end - kids these days learn quicker that we did

ZoeGirl - Enjoy your LV trip - hope you have a ball. Congrats on your loss too Glad to hear Jenna's birthday went so well. How is the little mommy-to-be feeling?

MsCat - Glad you decided to join us - we are a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING group of women And also very modest No, but seriously, we are all here for each other to support, congratulate and talk about whatever, so you've come to the right place!

Terri - what was that about bear butt chicken??? I kinda missed that post! Glad to hear the kids are having a good summer. Is Britts still working?

LeeAnn - Hi there - sounds like you had a great time at the Sheltie reunion - I don't know what a sheltie looks like, but I do know its a dog Sounds like you're gonna have a beautiful garden. Willie is really getting into that - we have flower pots on the steps of the house, hanging in various places, etc. Really pretty. We have some small trees in the backyard but the guy who lived here before us made sure he cut them in various places so they are kind of half standing, half laying down - what a jerk! Oh, walking my zipcode turned out to be people going out in groups of 3 or 4 and each group was given a 10 block radious to walk and talk to people about the church, etc. I didn't know that was what we were doing - I was under the impression that a whole huge group was gonna walk together and walk much further. But it was some exercise anyway.

L.J. - I know you're struggling, but at least you haven't given up. Just keep taking one day at a time - don't look at the BIG picture. Sometimes we have to take baby steps. Hang in there girl!

Hi Sandy, how are you doing? Is Greg going to a theatre camp? Hard to believe he's going off to college in the fall isn't it? Time goes so fast. I still can't believe my baby girl Alana has graduated College - unreal!

Well, let me get some breakfast while willie's still sleeping. I love my "quiet time" - I have been going out on the deck and having my coffee and reading my paper and thanking God everyday for bringing me there. Sometimes we really do have to stop and realize the blessings we have. I count all of you as one of my many.......!

Hope everyone on vacation enjoys their time off! I'll talk to you's when I get back to Staten Island.

Hugs,
Dianne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by dpadro : Today at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #3  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Me again,

All went well at the dr. Stitches are out. He said it'll be a couple of weeks before I'm pain free. I still have to keep it elevated. I'm feeling some discomfort so I have to make this short.

Till tomorrow
Es
Old 07-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #4  

Jen,
Enjoy your week. All right!!!!
Hope it stays dry.
:hb Happy Birthday to Matthew. 5 already. WOW!!!!! He was like 1 when I "met" you.
Congrats on the new car. FUN!!!!

Zoe,
Congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss. 2 sticks of butter.

Es,
I can't wait til the pain is all gone for you. You are so sweet.

Dianne,
Yes, Brittany is still working and loving it. She met a guy (early twenties). They are supposed to go out this weekend or when we get back from Ohio. His name is Paul. I like when I know them first but oh well. He is a counselor at the Spacer and Rocket center while he goes to school for Aero Engineering. Just like her daddy.
Beer butt chicken or for the less rednecky people Beer can chicken
You take a half can of beer and sit the chicken on the can and grill it. It makes it tender and juicy. It was sooo good. You can also use pop or soda for those that aren't from the midwest.
Sounds like you had a great 4th.

Our 4th was nice. It rained most of the day but quit around 5:00.
We went out and flew the radio controlled plane for about an hour and went over to our city's 4th celebration. They had lots of concessions and blow up jumpinmg things for the little ones. We took the truck and set up chairs in the back and we right under the fireworks. They were the best I have ever seen. There were like 5 finales. We only had Bradley. Britts had to work and Brandon was staying at a friend's (Tyler) house and went with them.
They looked for us but since there were so many people they couldn't find us. Another close friend of their's (Justin) was dropped off by his mom and he was searching for Brandon and Tyler and he kept coming by asking if we saw them and we invited him to stay with us and he ate and drank and watched the fireworks so we still had 2 kids. I love those boys they are so funny and fun to be around.
We are going to Ohio next Tuesday. We have a wedding to attend. I love weddings.

Hope you are all doing well.
Terri
Old 07-07-2005, 06:23 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
I'm so happy for you when I hear about how much you're enjoying your new home. You've got a nice long vacation, have fun.

Terri,
When I read of Britts meeting a guy I got a very protective "mother bear" reaction I'm sure he's nice or she wouldn't be attracted to him, right? Great choice in occupations for him, he sounds focused.

Es,
Take care of yourself. Each day will be better. Hoping you're not rushing back to work?

We're having the boys over tonight for a sleep-over. Aren't getting hot weather, as I had hoped for our week off...of course they're predicting 95 degrees for next Monday when we return to work But we're having a very nice week off so far.

Hi to all,
~Jen
Old 07-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #6  
NeverGiveUp

Exclamation

There go the tourists again! Geesshhh!!! It never ends.

Terri, what a minute...boyfriend? I think Titi(aunt)Essie is going to have to give Britts a call.(kidding) Sounds like your 4th of July was fun. We didn't see any fireworks. My Susie is so scared of them I hate leaving her home alone. They stopped after midnight.

Jen, we're going to get lots of rain tomorrow. I hope the weekend will be nice for all of us. Back to work on Monday.

I forgot the last time I counted points. I'm starting new tomorrow. With the surgery & all it was hard since I couldn't cook. We ordered alot of takeout. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning & will plan my weekend menu.

Well, ladies, enjoy your evening.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 07-07-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
what did you mean about the tourists? ?
I have had way too much fun this week in terms of being on program/counting points..or should I say NOT counting?? No gain, which is good, but no loss either....whew!!!
I know you must be relieved to have the surgery behind you. When I don't cook for a period of time, I miss it.

Took the boys today to Wisconsin and toured the Jelly Belly plant they have there. It's simply a distribution center, not a manufacturing plant, but they put on a cute tour and have a shop where you can purchase everything they make. I give Joe an assortment box of them each Christmas, and it's been a special tradition for him and Brandon to share them, naming each flavor, etc. Brandon loved the place! When we returned home we all swam; we'll be outside tonight having a fire. It's fun to have them here for some one-on-one, without the parents!

Hi to all,
~Jen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04jellybellyjuly 2005_07.jpg (38.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #8  
NeverGiveUp

Exclamation

Jen, this is what I was talking about:

LONDON - Police raised the death toll from the four rush-hour bombings in London to more than 50 people on Friday, and said each of the bombs contained less than 10 pounds of high explosives.

Sir Ian Blair, commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said officials were working to establish the precise death toll. He said 100 victims were hospitalized overnight and that 22 were in critical condition.

Blair said no evidence suggested that the attacks involved suicide bombers but that officials hadn't ruled out the possibility.

Commuters in London reluctantly descended into the Underground Friday morning, but buses and subways carried fewer riders than normal the day after the attacks.

Assistant Police Commissioner Andy Hayman said that officials still hadn't gotten near the subway cars of the Russell Square station, fearing that the tunnel is unsafe. Twenty-one dead were confirmed in that blast.

He said officials believe the bombs were placed on the floors of the three subway cars that were hit. He said the initial investigation suggests that each bomb had less than 10 pounds of explosives.

He appealed for patience as the investigation proceeds. "Our people are working under the most extreme circumstances."

E-mail this article Printer-friendly version

Copyright © 2005
All rights reserved.
This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Legal Disclaimer

Search the Web

Make Us Your Homepage

Customer Support | About Us | Other Cablevision Sites | Get Optimum Online
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Registered Copyright Agent | Careers
Join Our Customer Panel

© Copyright 2005 CSC Holdings, Inc.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #9  

Jen,
The boys look sooooo cute. What a cute picture. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce loves those too. I give them to as well.
Britts loves the protective feelings you and Es give.
She is excited.

Es,
I am so glad that you are getting back to normal. Britts just loves you.
She was happy to hear you were doing better.
That was horrible in London yesterday. I wonder if we will ever see an end to this in our lifetime?

We are getting ready to go to Ohio on Tuesday. Can't wait.
Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 07-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #10  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Terri, I love Brittany. I feel like she's my niece. I will always be her #1 fan.

Jen, the boys are so cute. They look so much alike! It must be fun having them over.

It's pouring rain today. After I sign off I'm going to curl up on the couch with Sammy. He's always next to me.

Have a nice evening everybody!

Es
Old 07-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #11  

Es,
What a great way to spend a rainy day.
Luv ya,
Terri and Britts
Old 07-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
now I understand what you meant. What a horrible event in London. I hate to think of what can happen to innocent people.

Terri,
I'm glad Britts understands the feelings we have about her. We are family.
The boys are, as you know, the light of my life.

I found out today that my sister Kathie has breast cancer. She had a mass in her breast, along with a mass under her armpit, removed on Wednesday; received the pathology report today, verifying that is cancer, and it is also in the lymph nodes. Kathie told me about this 4 weeks ago, but was hoping it was a cyst, the type she had removed a few years go. She just had a mammogram last September and everything was fine.

We are focusing on the fact that there are many survivors of breast cancer, have to be strong and be supportive of her.
After losing our brother just 7 months ago, it is almost too much. Please pray for her.
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 07-09-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #13  
NeverGiveUp

Red face

Jen, I will pray for your sister. With strong faith you have hope. Power of prayer heals. {{{{Hugs}}} The important thing is that they caught it early. I know how much you love the boys. They are lucky to have you.

Terri, are you still going to Florida in October? We're leaving Oct. 14th. I can't wait. My cousin said admission for Universal is $80.

Dianne, when we rented a house we loved it. We were always in the back yard. How much is the rent? Rents are so high right now. So many people are leaving LI because of that. Hope you're enjoying your vacation.

I will be back later or tomorrow.

Have a great day my friends.

Luv u's
Es
Old 07-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #14  

Jen,
I am so sorry about your sister. She will be in our prayers. Give her a big from us.
Brittany thinks y'all are wonderful too. I love my kids so much and miss them when they aren't around so I can only imagine grandchildren. I am starting to see why grandparents are the way the are with the grandkids. I couldn't see it when my kids were little.

Es,
We have decided to go to Williamsburgh, Va. instead. I am sad cause I can't meet you. You will love it. We have a timeshare and we got a great cottage and the kids love that kind of stuff. We also want to see the leaves change. We get some color here but not as much as up north.

We are supposed to get some of the brunt of Hurricane Dennis. Think of us.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 07-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #15  
NeverGiveUp

Exclamation

Terri, I was already thinking of you. I heard this mroning that it was hitting Alabama. I will be praying for all of you. It must be so nice to have a timeshare. Maybe we can meet another time.

My sister treated us to the chinese buffet. I love it but it makes me retain a lot of water. I will do better tomorrow. I'm afraid to step on the scale but I will tomorrow morning. Like they say, you play you pay.

Hasta manana
Es
Closed Thread