Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 07:13 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Moo-nday

Wabby, go buy yourself the ring. He would pick the wrong one anyway. ANd if he did all of a sudden come home with a diamond, wouldn't you think it was time to get the private detectives? Too out of character. He's a great guy. It would probably make him happy for you to have the ring. It just wouldn't make him happy to pick it out.
I'm turning over a new leaf. All summer, I've been keeping Kiwi's hours....up all night and sleep all morning. Boy, is that fun. But it does put a crimp in my living conditions. So it is 7am and I am up.
Aren't you proud of me?
I forget what everyone wrote and what everyone is up to. Believe it or not, I have not received my present from California. I was sort of expecting an autographed map of the stars homes. Oh well.
DD is at camp this week. I have lots of running to do. Have a great day.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:36 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Talking hot enough for ya?

Can't post. Too hot. No one has a/c. I bought a lovely suit today in a PETITE size. How petite can a size 12 be? Someone come over and tell me if the pants are too short. I have no fashion sense.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:24 AM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default In honour of Lushcow------

I have decided to post.No one has mentioned how fat they are getting this summer,so I decided to start you all off----I have been eating all the crap I can manage to stuff into me and more,and drinking Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade on a regular basis.Also,I am doing weights regularly.Can you top this?????Also,I am making rhubharb garden stones for excercise.OH LUSHIE,I GOT YOUR PRESENT FROM CALIFORNIA----IT WAS SOME VINTAGE CHAMPAGNE FROM THE WILLIAMS SONOMA VINEYARD.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:33 PM   #4  

Default Hi you lovely bovines

Lushy, thanks for telling me to go buy the ring myself. I may just do that. And yes, he is a great guy, but he's not a shoppin' guy. He hates jewelry stores and jewelry store salespeople and mall shopping in general. Downtown shopping would really be out of the question, which is where all the really nice jewelry stores are around here. He's lucky he's sooo darn cute

Sugar P, I buy petite clothes too. They really should say short but wide clothes in my case. If I were only taller I wouldn't be so darn fat.

Bagzie, here is my report - I'm actually eating the Weight Watchers plan but not going to meetings. I've lost 6 pds from my latest high point. I'm so jealous. We only have Mike's regular hard lemonade here, no cranberry lemonade. That's what I get for living on the frontier. We don't have the shopping you do back east. Of course you easterners have nothing compared to the europeans. I bet Sugar goes next door to Paris for all her petite sized suits.

The DH raced his car last weekend! He was just like a kid, he said he forgot how much fun it was. We're supposed to spend the weekend at the racetrack next month with a bunch of friends. Everyone is bringing their motorhomes and we're going to responsibly party like animals!!! (that responsible part was for my childrens benefit)
Old 07-31-2001, 12:05 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Uh oh!

Next thing you know, he'll be retiring to go on the racing circuit full time! Just kidding, it sounds like fun. I used to go to the stockcar races in N.C. sometimes. I worked Security with a friend a couple of times (which consisted of standing around with a Security hat on). The only thing that really grossed me out was that people would throw their garbage just anywhere, especially at the fence between the stands and the track. Chicken bones and squished french fries with ketchup on them everywhere. Barf. I know you all are much more civilized. I should have worked in the motor home section instead of the riff raff section. Anyway I learned what fun the races were.

I'm jealous of Bagz too. We have Doc Otis, which is hard lemonade, but I've never seen cranberry either. To tell you the truth I would be afraid to keep the stuff in the house -- DD is a lemonade and cranberry hound, and she'd probably guzzle it before she knew it was alcoholic (Good little girl that she is, she would be horrified at the thought of taking an alcoholic drink )

Hi Lushie and Sugar!

Where the heck is Miss World Traveller? Did she get abducted by aliens? Even her ds is supposed to home by now, so what's the deal??

Kiwi
Old 07-31-2001, 06:37 PM   #6  

Default Grown up boys

These are drag races, Kiwi. I know. Even more white trash than stockcar races.

Dell has finally decided my puter needs a hard drive replacement, so if I disappear for a few days, it's because I'm struggling with re-installing windows and all my other stuff that will be leaving with my present harddrive. Geez, I bought a new puter so I wouldn't have to deal with all these problems. Hah At least they are sending a real live person for me to vent to. They will replace hardware, but it's up to me to reload all the software and I'll have to spend at least another hour on hold waiting for one of their techs to guide me through the process. Grrrrr.
Old 07-31-2001, 09:31 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yuck on the hard drive replacement. That won't be much fun. Good luck.

There's a rodeo in Maine this weekend. Sure wish I had someone to go with! I can't even get my dd interested! I'll bet you'd go with me, Wabby, if you didn't have to babysit your hard drive.

Kiwi
Closed Thread