Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #1  

Default Ground beef HELP!

Okay so I thought my bf was going to make burgers for his kids this weekend while I was gone, but his plans changed....

so now I have 2 lbs of ground beef in the fridge.. both his and my kids are gone for 3 weeks.. and no idea what to do with it. Granted it is 93% lean ground beef, so its not awful stuff.. but I'm sorta out of ideas of what to do for just us aside from hamburgers. Any ground beef ideas out there?
Old 07-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #2  
Collie Mommie

I use it to make tacos sometimes. I brown it and add a seasoning packet. I serve it with whole wheat tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese and sour cream for the hubby (I'll use the sour cream, too, if it is low fat but not if it is regular).
Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 AM   #3  

How about chili? Or meatloaf?
Old 07-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #4  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Mix it with some spinach, non-fat ricotta/mozarella/other Italian cheeses, peppers, onions, and seasing and stuff a bell pepper or large shell pasta with it and cover with marinara sauce--yum!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #5  

Default thanks!

I had completely forgotten about stuffed peppers! I made those about a year ago, but I can definitely make that again!

I can also make a thing of chili.. another good idea. I havent made that in awhile either!

thanks for the reminders guys.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #6  
Eat well, Live well

How about unrolled cabbage rolls? Esentially a casserole, very easy and very yummy. Cabbage, onions, tomatoes, all very low in calories. Check out a cabbage roll recipe for the types of spices that would make it interesting, and leave out all the extra-fat stuff.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #7  

You might want to take 1/2 and made and freeze some patties for another time and take the other half and do something like sloppy joes.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

You can brown it (with a little onion and garlic, if you like). Freeze it in a ziploc freezer bag for future use in the peppers, spaghetti, chili, sloppy joes, etc. Just pull it out and add it to your fixin's.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #9  

I did end up browning one of the pounds and freezing for later use cause I wanted to get it cooked before it spoiled. (I didnt have any peppers on hand but now I'm craving stuffed peppers! so i'll make that next week)

half of the other pound I used for hamburgers and the other half is going to make chili this week

Thanks for the ideas guys! you're great
Closed Thread