South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday on The Beach - July 5

Just starting us up. The coffee will be ready in five minutes. Come and join me on the deck and watch The Girls in their pool. It's cloudy and hot again.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Hi Ruth!! Thunder & I are checking our emails and eating some eggs & turkey bacon,
I gotta run....working again this morning!! THURSDAY IS MY DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:44 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruth and Soon, have my cup of tea, the kids are starting to arrive, it is cloudy here with a hint of sun. promising to be a nice day again.

Ruth- enjoy your deck, would love to see your dogs romping around in the pool.

Soon- Hope you have a great day at work. Thursday will be here before you know it.

Me- Not much made it through the day yesterday and even went to Curves.
Today not much planned other than possibly hitting the beach with the kids after lunch. A little housework and laundry of course all working around the kids activities. Speaking of laundry I think I will go pop in the first load. Be back a little later.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #4  

morning!

Ruth I will be there in a few! (i wish) J is sleeping still he has today off...where I have a full 9 hours of work and then 4 hours of class..boo!!!

ah well
be back later
Old 07-05-2005, 07:25 AM   #5  

Morning Chicklets!

YEOW...UGH IIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Groan.. .......having some Aspirin with my Coffee...
I'm a hurtin pup this morning, but its a good pain.... Spent 6 hours kayaking yesterday..Perfect day, light wind, sunny blue sky, calmly rippled waters... Ahh, the water is my soul's sustinence!

DH was in a "mood" yesterday..(I swear men have their own TOM) I know how he gets, so I just leave him alone... so, I went kayaking by myself.... It's a good thing I like my own company and actually prefer it to many ...and truth be told, I actually prefer to be out on the water in solitude...I came home to 2 cairn terriers (my fur babies) that look like italian greyhounds.. DH decided to groom them-- and looks to me like they got crew cuts!
Anyhoooo, today no exercise, will continue to read Wizards and Glass...

And , we got an offer on our home.... WhooHoooo! We counter offered... we shall see...

It's overcast and coolish here...not like our "Canadians Bacon" hahaha, corny I know!

In a while crocodiles!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

***GROAN***
Careful, Schatzi, folks have been banned for puns like that!

I just made a frittata for breakfast and have decided I've had it with eggs. I've not had them for a while but they sure didn't appeal this morning. The Girls are happy about it, however.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Hope everyone in the US had a safe and happy Independence Day weekend.

I'm happy to report that I came back from my trip to Oregon DOWN a pound!! My sister and her dh have been on the Beach for the past few months. My sister met her goal (20 pounds) just before we arrived. My only indulgences were a small slice of birthday cake and an ice cream cone. I made up for it with a couple of hikes. One in the Cascades at Cougar Lake up to some natural hot springs, and the other from the beach up to the light house at Heceta Head.

Now, I'm just trying to play catch up at work.

My next big challenge will be a Mexican Rivera cruise for our anniversary in January. My goal is 20 to 25 pounds by then. Think I can do it????

Gotta run! HAGD everyone!

Mamacita
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies...

Running late...I think I have a cold. My first instinct was to grab one of HB's orange juices...

But I didn't. So how do you deal with colds? I am having some Lipton SF Green Tea but it isn't really working (I've been drinking it since Friday! And now the cold pops up).

Have a good Tuesday ladies!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I've got my coffee.
Wish you were here. No, that's not true. It's hot as all get-out, and I'm too crabby to be polite.
I'm glad the girls enjoyed your breakfast.

Soon, I hope you have an easy day at work!

Little Chick, I cannot WAIT until September! It's only been a week since the kids got off school, and I've already had enough.

Angel, you've got a busy day ahead of you! Hope it's a good one!!

Schatzi, I'm so envious of your kayak! I'm going to get myself one either this summer or next. (depending on the money... you know) I'm with you... there's nothing like being alone on the water.
One of my best friends has a folding kayak. It's really cool... it comes apart and goes into two bags. I don't want one like that, but it's perfect for him, because he bikes down to the canal with it.

Mamacita, congratulations on the pound, girl!! You can definitely meet your goal by January!!

Jenn, take care of that cold, hon! You need some Buckley's capsules. I swear by them.

I don't know how to get this heat out of my house. It's fine in the attic... there's a good cross breeze, but the first floor is stuffy, and it's making me VERY cranky.
I've been dejunking my house. We have way too much stuff, and I spent the other day in the craft room in the attic throwing stuff out. I filled six garbage bags for the Sally Ann, and three bags of garbage. It feels GREAT to get rid of stuff! I have this sign that I placed in full view while I was tossing. It says, "The more you consume, the less you live". So true.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Hi girls. I am pretty new here. Been on the beach since Thursday. Lost 3 pounds..wooohooo..Hope everyone had a great 4th. Can't wait to get to know everyone. My name is Kathy from Powhatan, Virginia. Gotta go get coffee!! BTW...do you all do chat or just write back & forth on the boards?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Kyemom, congratulations on the three pounds!! That's great!
We don't normally do chat, although if anyone wants to start one, they're welcome to.
We just post here on the daily and on the other threads, depending on our interests.
It's great to have you here!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #12  

Morning all.

Ruth: It's been cloudy here as well. I'm ready for some sun.

little Chick: Would you do some laundry for me. DD is out of "under panties".

angleshine: It sounds like you have a full day. Don't forget to eat op.

Schatzi: It sounds like things are moving on the house. That's great!

Mamacita: WTG. Sometimes you just have to have a little cake.

Jenne: Sorry about the cold. Congrats on the engagement.

Ellis: We've been trying to get rid of the "stuff" too. The problem is that dd wants to keep everything.

Me: The scale isn't moving but my cloths are getting bigger. I'm okay with that. Yesterday was a litttle off program but we had a great time with the fireworks and all.

Lydia
Old 07-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Kathy. Welcome to our beach

I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and just relaxing.I had some wonderful grilled flank steak yesterday that we used for fajitas (used low carb tortillas). Instead of the margarita I added some lime to my diet coke. I sat on my front porch and watched the beautiful fireworks from the next street over (they always do incredible fireworks)~no crowds~no hassels

Lydia~Hooray for your clothes getting bigger

Ruth~I wish I could see your babies in their pool.

Ellis~It is a good feeling to de-clutter, isn't it!! Didn't your dad love to kayak?? You have his same free-spirit !

Jenne~Have you tried zinc?
Old 07-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #14  

Morning chicks! Today was my weigh in and I'm down a pound. I think I lose slower than everyone else here. Oh well, a pound is a pound. Just wish it was two...

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #15  

Good morning, gals! I'm back at work today and have lots to do as usual. We are supposed to get scattered thunderstorms all week which will actually be a nice change from the hot, dry heat we have been having. It was actually 102 on Sunday! Yikes, that's hot! I don't even want to think what the heat index was.

It just doesn't feel like a Tuesday but hopefully that will make the week go by fast. I have got to figure out what to do for my DH's birthday on Friday - I think we are going to go to the movies with a couple we know and I need to get the invitations out for Brian's birthday party on the 17th. Too much goes on this time of year!
Closed Thread