Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:04 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Monday Blahs...

Ok... does everyone feel like I do??? Must be, cuz no one is here! Had WI on Sat. and gained .6. ARGGG... Ovulation week! This is getting way old! Oh and Emma is crabby again so I am tired. I got 2 belly dancing videos this weekend. It was supposed to be my 25 pound gift... but I got them early. I did the basic moves one yesterday... I really felt my muscles working. Hubby liked it... but he kept critisizing my moves... until I yelled at him.

Hope everyone else is A-OK out there. The county fair starts tomorrow... FOOOOOD! FRIED FOOD!! I am entering some things in it too!

Ta ta for now!
Old 07-30-2001, 10:16 AM   #2  

Default me too

Hi. The board is awfully wuit this morning. I feel a little blah. We went to the Bare Naked LAdies concert last night and it was great! The weather sucked thoguh, luckily we had indoor seats. We got home at midnight and had to get up at 6am. I had to take DH to the airport. He is flying to Louisiana to drive a moving truck of furniture to Richmond for a cousin and then here for us. He won't be home until Friday. He was also gone last week and the weekend was way too short so I will miss him. We have a wedding next weekend and he leaves again on Tuesday. I am looking forward to mid-August when he wil lbe home again eventhough he will be busy with volleyball tryouts in the evenings. Sorry to complain, but I wish he was home and that we weren't so busy.

We did have areally good weekend though. We went to another concert on Friday night that was really fun. We ate (again) after the show, which I shouldn't have done. I gained at WI but only 1.6(that is a lot but I am still under my 2 pounds). I slept in ands went to the later WI on Sat. We were pretty lazy on Sat. We went to the mall and I got a great purse (9 West for $18) and dressy black slip on sandals ($17) We decided to go out that night and I wore new shoes, new purse and pants I got for X-mas (from DH) that I had never worn. They are shiny (satin), low rider, ankle length flair from the Gap. I Was very excited to be able to wear them Yesterday we had lunch with friends (and their kids). It was really nice. I am really looking forward to having kids. We are going to start TTC next month!

Ok, enough about me. I hope I didn't bore anyone. I am locked out of my office b/c when I switched to my new purse, I forgot my work keys. I am a little bored.

Jen - how was your hald day on Friday? I hope you like your videos. Congrats on almost making 25 pounds. Don't worry about your gain.

Ok, everyone, come out and post!!!!!!!

Sarah
Old 07-30-2001, 10:48 AM   #3  

Sarah... my 1/2 day went WAYYYY too fast. I weeded some of the flower beds (they were really bad)... then tilled up some of the garden and pulled weeds (again, it was bad)... then took a shower and it was time to get Emma! We did rent movies tho... and I sewed an outfit for Emma on Saturday... and finished her sweater... I am entering these in the county fair!

My weekend flew by. Oh we also rented a playstation 2 game... crazy taxi... it was sooo much fun, we might buy it. So after Emma was in bed, we played that for awhile. We have a rule... no PS2 unless Emma is sleeping. I let him buy it with those conditions... actually, he made up that condition!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:03 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
BONJOVI WAS AWESOME OMG! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
the VH1 special didnt do it justice Everyone was soo energetic me and my friends danced our arses off and everyone sang
ofcourse that was the only night i was OP
well I had a veggie burger and a bag of chips for the day
the rest of the weekend
was bingefest it was crazy uncontrollable but thats ok b/c i'm back in control today granted i also havent gone downstairs yet
Jen dont sweat the .6 it will be off with all your bellydancing all you need is some veils
sarah! woowooo on the clothes thats fantastic
jen part 2 holy crap woman ur amazingly crafty
can i be you?
alright i have to go feed the natives
Kier
Old 07-30-2001, 11:05 AM   #5  

Kier... what I really need it a scarf thingy to tie around my waist with little bell dinger things on it. You really move your hips a lot! Hense why hubby liked it! It was very interesting.. although I am HORRIBLE at it... but just wait, I will get better!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:09 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jen Get Hubby to do the tape with ya >
Old 07-30-2001, 11:15 AM   #7  

KO... I wish. He refuses to do anything that is termed exercise or video. MEN!!! He will just watch, plus he is not very coordinated. But at least he likes to watch, when I let him. Last night I had to yell at him because he said my arms were not moving right... HELLOOOOO... it was my first time. So I told him to get out of here... then he was much nicer!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:45 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Monday?!?!

I'm here but can't be online.
Hopefully I'll get a break later on today!
Have a great one!!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:59 AM   #9  

OK... it is 11:00 and there are 3 of us here. WHERE IS EVERYONE... COME OUT AND POST! Wow, this is amazing... usually most people have posted by now!
Old 07-30-2001, 12:11 PM   #10  

Angry

Hi guys, I'm here....just reading the posts, not much to say though.

Eating hasn't been very good for me. DH finally made a comment this weekend that I look like I have put on some weight, wasn't meant to be mean, but he is right, I have put on 10 pounds since my lowest, and I am discusted.

So, I am promising myself again today, that I am starting the week out right, I hate this extra weight, hopefully I hate it enough that is kicks my butt back onto the wagon!!

So, I am faithfully tracking points today, and going for a late walk tonight with a friend.

I have also promised myself, no more eating out. That's what's done it for me. I have been eating out alot, and eating way too big of portions. I have to be more better about really thinking about what I am going to eat before I eat it!

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just kind of down, for the last several months, I start out Mondays saying "This is IT!" and by the end of the week, I am falling apart.

I had a good weekend, fun wise. But it is back to work today. It is extremely hot and humid here in Wis again, our little break from the weather didn't last long. So, if I want to walk, I have to do it late in the evening, or I would probably keel over in the heat! My treadmill comes in in a couple weeks, that will really help me out with this heat, and not having to leave my kids while I work out.

I am still sticking to my 10 pound loss for my Labor Day Challenge. We will see if I can come close to attaining it.

KO ~ I am so jealous you saw Bon Jovi, they are one of my most favorite bands.

Jen ~ We did lots of yard work this weekend too, it is a good feeling getting it done.

Stacey ~ Come back when you can!!

Sarah ~ Your purchases sound great! Don't ya love wearing new clothes out!!

Well, I am off to drink my water and run to the grocery store on my lunch break to pick up some fruit to eat for lunch.

Check in later!
Old 07-30-2001, 12:29 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone Well...Monday, Monday... sounds like kind of a blah one for most of us huh? So far I really haven't done too much... had to go run errands to the bank and post office and such, necessary evils. I resisted the temptation to stop and get fast food lunch tho so I guess that was good. On the other hand, I really don't have anything to make here b/c I've been away so much lately. There just hasn't been any point grocery shopping and having food spoil. Anyways, just wanted to say hi.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:58 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Tonya: Men can be such ... dolts sometimes. Don't sweat it. Sounds like you're getting back on track. Good luck!

Well, my weekend was kind of a bust. B/f and I had all these grand plans: go to a blues fest, and then boating on Sunday. Well, it RAINED all weekend. Not even a light rain. A steady rain, coupled with the coldest temperatures we've had all summer. It's been in the 80s every day here, but all weekend it was in the low 60s. So, we basically just took it easy, went to the movies, out to dinner, to the mall ... it was nice to be together, but I was frustrated that he took the entire weekend off so we could do stuff together only to have it rain. At least we had some good quality time and some good talks.

I don't really feel like doing any work today, because things are about to heat up again. I have a day-long trial tomorrow and then have to start working on the one-year anniversary story of a mass shooting at a gay bar here. Some of you may have heard about it.

I didn't do well food-wise this weekend (Olive Garden one night, Logan's Steakhouse another) but I'm being careful now. Which reminds me. It's lunch time and I'm hungry!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:31 PM   #13  

Kim... Oooh the Olive Garden... yummy. You reminded me how hungry I am!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:42 PM   #14  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello everyone. Well, I am not doing well with food today. I have been eating high fat all day...but I am trying to add in some fresh veggies and such. Oh, I get so hungry and only seem to want bad things...oh and Lima Beans. I am eating those like they are going out of style.

I have to go get a late lunch pedicure so I don't have much time to post right now. We have just switched over to Internet Explorer at work from Netscape and I have been having trouble getting on line today.

Tonya: I think maintanence is the hardest part of weight loss. I know that is where I have always failed. I think the key may be to recognize when you need to hit the books again. You seem to have done that...and then I think you need to get back in in small steps. It is hard because you (or at least me) don't have that initial motivation that kept you going in the original weight loss stage. Iwish you luck and I know you will find the insperation. I also think once the weather gets better you will have a better time with it. Exercise is hard ot do with it being so hot.

Hello to everyone else. I will post more later after I get my toes done.

Trish
Old 07-30-2001, 02:05 PM   #15  

Tonya... I went to my meeting on Sat. after missing them for awhile and it really helped. We went over the week 2 book. I think I need to go over my books again because I am getting sloppy. Have you been to a meeting recently? Maybe that is what you need to get back into gear!
Closed Thread