Old 06-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default Circle of Friends week of June 26th

Hi guys
I'm missing all of you! Is everybody just too hot to post? It sure has been awful here...very humid. Unfortunately we had bought a tree and some shrubs last week and have had to water them every day and the deer flies have been horrible. I can't stand to go out in the yard with them buzzing around my head. We're having a party here on Sunday and I need to get my gardens weeded.

I've been doing pretty well with eating and exercising...even in this heat There have even been days that I haven't felt like eating too much! Maybe the heat/humidity have a good side!

I have Friday and Monday off which I'm looking forward to.

Anne: So are you going to ride the ferry to Rochester? Looks like service is supposed to start again this week.

Nikki: Are you camping or working on your house?

Ali: I bet you're having a great time with your girlfriend....lots of shopping and soaking in the hot tub!

Hope you're all doing fine.

Take care,
Kate

Last edited by Katey; 06-28-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  

Good morning,

We're in another rainy period. We've had thunder showers come through like clockwork these past couple of days. We're in for more of the same today.

Kate, thank you for starting a new thread. Glad that your eating and exercising are going well. I am ready to start exercising again but find it hard to get back to it. I can think of more darn excuses not to. I think it's been hotter up your way than it has been down here. I did have a good time with my girlfriend. She, 2 of her children plus DIL, and 5 of her grandchildren spent last week at Disney World. They're supposed to come back this way sometime this week, then she's coming here to spend a couple of days. She'll be flying home shortly after the holiday.

Anne, did you find out if the Walmart near you carries the mattress you are looking for? Hope you were able to get one.

Nikki, how are things going with you? Hopefully you're finally getting some cooler temps.

Have a great day everyone.
Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #3  

Good Evening Ladies;
So sorry I haven't had a chance to chime in before now. We are looking at
getting a lap top pretty soon (this summer for sure) and you will surely
hear from me at least once a day

Katey, our weather has been awful. I'm sure because we really live so close
that you are getting the same hot humid air. I am about ready to drop
by the time I get in at night You should see my hair, the only real
thing I can do is wear it up.

Big weekend for all of us!!! Friday is Canada Day we will be 138 and we are having our annual BBQ. My brother and his wife are coming this year. And I know its your big Fourth of July celebration too!!! Its an all around a big North American Birthday Party!!

Ali, we could use some of your rain. We are as dry as a bone up here. I
know your weather can be pretty severe with the storms. I get so scared
in thunder storms, especially when it gets so darn dark out.
I found out that our Walmart is looking at those Matresses. I have to do
something soon though. I am walking like Tim Conway when he used to play
the little old man on Carol Burnett

Hey Nikki, how are you!! Hope you are having a great time camping.

Talk to you guys later.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

The weather here is the same old..same old. Thunder storms in the afternoon. Although for a change of pace, we had thunder and lightning this morning not too far from us. We didn't get anything out of it except for scaring Lacee.

Anne, I hope you'll be able to find one of those mattresses. Have you tried any other stores? Suzanne was on HSN for a few days. She got a lot of my money this visit. She has a new grille out that is much larger than her original one, so I bought that, her jams were on sale so I bought some of those, then she had a weekender bag that you can fit a whole week's worth of clothes in it and take it on the plane with you. I thought that would come in handy when I fly home (NH). Are you still Somersizing? Have a great Canada Day tomorrow!! Have you any special plans?

Kate, are you doing any reading? I just finished a book Before and Again by Doris Mortman. It was really good. I've started another one, Midnight Club by James Patterson. So far it's good.

Nikki, hope things are going well with you.

Kate, Nikki, just in case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, I want to wish you a Happy 4th of July!

Enjoy your day everyone.
Ali
Old 06-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #5  

HI everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I was camping and then running back and forth to the house, trying to do stuff here too. We brought the camper home yesterday and I've been catching up since then with laundry, cleaning and such. It was actually a miserable camping trip, so hot and humid, just impossible to be outside. The weather is suppose to be getting better here tomorrow. Today it's a better day, it's breezy anyway.
Kate, have you ever tried Avons new bug repellant? It's deet free, smells good (not like the old Skin so Soft line), has spf of 15 to 30, is a moisturizer and actually WORKS! I used all kinds of different bug repellants while we were camping, this was the only one that kept those darned black gnats away. Here's a link to it
http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/defaul...pf_id=&level=3

Happy Canada Day and Happy 4th of July Everyone

Hope you all have a great time, will talk to you all later, Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #6  

Hi all,
Just got back from a morning of running errands, grocery shopping, and Curves. Now I need to think about getting some things done around the house. I think I'm procrastinating

Nikki: Thanks for the info on bug repellant. I have a friend who sells Avon so I'll ask her to get me some. Everybody is complaining about the deer flies. I've never seen them like this. Lord knows there's enough deer around here to keep them happy so they should stop bothering us humans Sorry that it was too hot and humid to enjoy camping.

Anne: Sounds like it's going to cool down some this weekend. That will be a welcome relief! I've been working on a laptop at work for the last couple weeks. The hard drive in my computer died so until my new one comes in I've had that. I really like it and wouldn't mind keeping it. Doesn't take up much room in my work station. My DS just bought one and loves it. Happy Canada Day Enjoy your barbeque!

Ali: Yes, you can send some rain our way! It's so dry. They're calling for thunder storms today, but they're so scattered that we might not get anything. I need to do some weeding so it would be nice if it was a little wet. Are you planning a trip to NH this summer? I went to the library and got some books out to have something for the long weekend. When I got home I discovered that I've already read one of them Have you ever read the DaVinci Code? Not sure if I'm going to like it, but I'll try to get through it.

We're having 3 couples over for a picnic on Sunday. We do this every year on 4th of July weekend. My healthy eating will probably go out the window until Tuesday

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! HAPPY 4TH to my american friends!

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:16 AM   #7  

Hi everyone!

I'll start another thread.

See ya there!
Ali