Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #1  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Aaaacccckkk! Unprepared!

Hi, all. Most of y'all know I started WW on Saturday. I've been following the flex plan to the letter all week. (Very proud of myself, I must say!) I've been eating WaWa spinach and bacon salads for lunch (7 points, with dressing). I've actually been craving them (I think it's the bacon, LOL). But today, I was in a hurry and couldn't stop to pick up lunch before work. Now I'm stuck in an area where there is nothing but greasy-spoon lunch trucks. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it through the day without screwing up big time? All the tuna has mayo in it; everything is fried; and the "salads" are crap, nothing but iceberg lettuce which literally makes me gag .... HELP!
Quite-a-Handful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Is there a convenience store around? If so, you can probably get some yogurt there, maybe a piece of fruit. It's not much, but it's something!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

No darn convenience store that's, well, convenient. But I'll work something out. Maybe turkey on wheat. That's reasonable, I think. But you know what all this has made me realize? That I now CARE about staying on program. Last month, or even last week, i would have just said "screw it, I'll get what's easy and worry about it later. But not now. That realization, just this moment, has made me exquisitely happy.

Plus, we're going away this weekend to the mountains, and those trips usually involve lots of family coming and going, as well as lots of food. All day eating; huge half-a-cow BBQs; dinner at a restaurant called "Big Daddy's," where they have meal actually called "Oink, Cluck, Moo"; and wondrous feasts from the Italian market with marinated mozzarella, olives, cheeses, pepperoni, etc.

But I already am planning what I'll bring to eat and how I can incorporate some of the treats into my plan. Like I said, before I would have just said "I'll stuff myself and then deal with it later."
Old 06-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #4  

you know Maggie.. planning ahead is the key! I just finished a four day visit from my father.. complete with family gatherings with nieces, my sister etc. and did really good. The key for me was watching portion sizes and making the healthiest choices available and skipping the snacks and sweets! I haven't weighed in yet.. waiting till tomorrow for the end of the month goal.. but I know at least I didn't gain this week with all the temptations around.. planning ahead you will be fine.. just don't give up your goal for anyone else!! hugs!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #5  
Alis Volat Propriis

Thumbs up Go, me!

Well, lunchtime has come and gone, and I can't believe how I handled it! I am kinda proud of myself here. I walked six blocks to the Whole Foods store, bought some sushi and some cherries and then walked back. I even picked up some tofu salad for dinner. What a high! That's 12 blocks of unplanned exercise plus a yummy, healthy lunch to boot. Can I consider this a NSV?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Thats is so great!! A NSV for sure!!
Isn't it wonderful when you realize that you really have made a LIFESTYLE change?
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I did that on many occasions. I learned to either walk to the local organic coop store or to run at lunch time and grab a salad or whole wheat deli sandwich on my way back from the run to eat at my desk.

I actually got to where I enjoyed getting out of the office. Used to I sat at the lunch table, getting rudely disturbed by people with questions, while I have just shoved a bite of food in my mouth and was grossly engaged in a story I was reading. So I figured why let that get to me, get out. Some days I'd just get out and go window shopping. A fast walk for a couple miles, then hit the shops on the loop back and wind down while browsing for the remainder of lunch.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #8  

Great Job Maggie!! You make me proud!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #9  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Thats really great .. Very glad that you feel great about this exsperiance to.
I hope many many more of these for you.
WONDERFUL !!!!!!!
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #10  

that's great maggie!! you've showed us that if one tries hard enough, one can get healthy food and enjoy it!!!
swissmiss is offline   Reply With Quote