South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #1  

Default Question about regaining weight...

Anyone who has lost weight on the SBD, how hard was it for you to maintain? I have done it a couple of times before, one time losing 10 pounds, but I gained it back (and some...). The extra I know for sure was my fault, I left for college and got a little bit out of control. (My roommate and I both love baking, so we did it a lot...thank goodness I had to walk to class, I would have gained 800 pounds.)

So I know it's a lifestyle change, but once you hit the second phase (which I've never made it to ), does some of the weight come back (for instance, when you add bread back in) or do/did you continue to lose?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:48 PM   #2  

I tried South Beach and never got pass Phase 1 because I was scared to gain the weight by adding bread. I think it is easier if you just stay away from bread.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:00 AM   #3  

For me (this is the longest I've been on program) it has to do with not playing games with myself. I don't try to see how much I can eat that is ff/sf. I just don't eat the "treats". I eat real meals. I try to make all of it as easy/normal as I can rather then something special.

Lydia
Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #4  

I've been on phase 2 for 7 weeks. I have continued to lose. I did not gain any weight I lost on phase 1 back, not even temporarily
Old 06-29-2005, 04:30 AM   #5  

That's great saintplatypus...how much did you lose on SB?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:24 AM   #6  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I haven't gained anything back while on phase 2 either but that is because I am committed to eating right and following my plan. Bread can be a problem for some people BUT if you are following the plan like you should be, you will find that out in the beginning and you can move past it. There are a lot of tps here for moving into phase 2 so you may want to browse the site and the stickies.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I've been on Phase 2 for a week and so far so good. I've been warned that you may gain about 5 pounds or so figuring out what to eat and when but I've been maintaining/gain of 2 pounds or so.

Laurie's told me because I too was worried about Phase 2 that she gained 5 figuring it all out but has lost about 90 (?) since!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

It's not been hard for me to maintain the loss. I had health issues with my excess weight that I don't want to return. My knees, feet and back feel so much better since I've lost the weight. My blood pressure is normal now.

I've worked too hard to blow it and regain the weight. I refuse to go back to eating the way I did previously ( well, except my recent over indulgence that hurt way too much to want to try again ) When I've had a mis-step, I jump right back to the beach and continue on.

When you go to phase 2, some people do gain a pound or two until they get the hang of it or until the body adjust to the added carbs. Don't go by the scales, go by how your clothes feel and how many inches you've lost. It's much more accurate.

College is a hard time. Most people gain weight in college, you have the dorm food, you have extra money, delivery pizza, bars and junk food all over the place. It's understandable that you've gained the weight back.

Good luck
Sarah
Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 AM   #9  

Welcome back CA85, I'm just going into my 6th week on SBD (1st time on SB). I did PH1 for 2 weeks and went to PH2 without any gains. It looks like I am steadily loosing about 1.5/2 pounds a week on PH2..I've added fruit and occassional WW english muffin back to my foods...oh yes and SF Hersheys chocolate, and pecan turtles..
Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 AM   #10  

I lost the most weight in phase 2.....you have to start slow though!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

this is my 8th week of P2 and I have continued to lose or maintain every week with the exception of 1 week and that was only a 1lb gain and the next week I was able to drop 4 lbs. I didn't gain any weight when I went from P1 to P2 but it did slow down a bit.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #12  

That's great to hear guys. I just need to stick to it...and I'll need your support in a few days when all I want is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Closed Thread