Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 PM   #1  

Default New here, finally ready to do it...need some emotional support.

Hi guys. First off I'll give you some information about me...I'm a 19 year old female, 5'2", 160 pounds. I don't eat terribly, I exercise and I'm pretty active, but I'm sort of cursed genetically when it comes to weight...from my dad's side we get a larger lower body, and from my moms, large upper body. I somehow got both.

I need to get this weight off once and for all. I can't live like this anymore...you who are overweight know how crushing it can be. My goal for now is 135, the highest I can be without being considered "overweight" according to BMI calculations. My secondary goal is to, eventually, hit 115 (but there is no rush for that).

I would love to hear words of advice and encouragement! I've been reading and this seems like a supportive and comfortable community.
CA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #2  

I left out some crucial info, I just realized...what will hopefully be different this time is that I began taking Leptoprin this morning. I also began the South Beach Diet (again... ) and continued cardio (walked *briskly* on the treadmill for an hour). And I actually lost one pound.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations on that first pound. Doesn't it feel great? I think you'll find a lot of support here. :wave Glad you found us!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #4  

thanks for the response! It does feel pretty good...I just can't wait until I can SEE a difference, even if it's barely anything!

Last edited by CA85; 06-29-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:57 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Welcome! The tips I can offer are about the same as you'll read all over this site--stick with your plan, keep up the exercise, drink lots of water, and just keep going. The first couple weeks are easy--it's the weeks after that that get hard. But many people have been successful, as you'll see from the "big losers" who post on this site.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #6  
kathy0529

Thumbs up

congratulations on the weight loss one pound goes a long way. If you keep up with your diet and excersice you will see results pretty soon. Just make sure you stick to it and when you are craving something fatty just ask yourself if its worth gaining back the weight. It really does work for me. when you're feeling stuck or need advice just remember that theres always someone here to help you feel better.

kathy0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:04 PM   #7  

Getting started is hard so you've taken a big step already. And great job losing a pound already!

I only have one bit of advice for you - something I wish I had learned to do when I was your age. Losing weight it a noble goal and will do wonders for your health and spirit. With that said, seeing the physical changes is always the FUN part. Remember, though, that we are all built differently and your expectations should be for YOUR body type. I, like you, am only 5'2". I have broad shoulders, am big chested and have naturally muscular calves. I've always felt like my head looked like a little marble on top my shoulders and that my calves made my short legs look like tree trunks. Dieting was always horribly discouraging. But that was only because, in the back of my mind, my goal was to have the body of a tall, slender person. Once I embraced what I have and set physical goals accordingly, losing weight became much easier. It is amazing how encouraging having ATTAINABLE goals can be!

And, by the way, we have the same weight goals too! My first stop is 135 but after that I expect I will take my time working towards 120-115.

Good luck!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote