Old 06-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Shake Your Groove Thing! 6/27 - 7/3

Alright kids, I looked around for the old "Move Yer Kaboose" thread, or the equivalent of "I Exercised Today!" I came up with bubkuss, so I hereby announce the unveiling of a new venue for celebrating your exercise! Ta da!

Here's the place where you can come in and name what you did to move that bod. I know for me that's a particular focus right now, so it's not only a celebration thing (YEAH, I DID IT!!!) -- it's also an accountability thing (YEAH, I DID IT!!!)

Ok, I'll start:

So far today (first thing this morning, on an empty stomach) I've biked for 20 minutes at varying speeds, but 11 minutes of it were in the 15-16 mph range. This is big for me, given where I am physically these days. So go, me!

I have more planned for the day....so as the AHnold would say: I'll be back!

How about you guys??
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

You Are Back... I Love It!!!! I Can't Wait To Be Back... And Yes... I Am Yelling! I Am So Happy!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Sarah:

I just got my new Walk Away the Pounds DVD's today! I'll be doing one of them after work today!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for starting up this thread Sarah, it's so good to have you back!!!

I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical machine and about 20 minutes on various weight machines.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

Smile I'm feelin' the love!

Gretchen: and a whole bunch of !!!!! You're just too, too sweet to me. I love you, man. You'll be back here before you know it, babe -- you'll likely be sleep-deprived, but you'll be back!

Jen in FL: Double 's for you for not only starting SB today but also for starting WATP too! I love those videos! I'm looking forward to being able to do them again myself -- I was doing the 4-mile Challenge followed by a half hour of intensity intervals on my exercise bike before I started treatment -- now I'll be THRILLED when I can complete the 1-mile! Let us know how you like the SB and Leslie!

Jen in Canada: Thanks for the welcome back, you sweetheart! Nice to see you're still here! Nice job on the elliptical! And weights -- well weights just do a body good, don't you think?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #6  

Good initiative Sarah for re-starting this thread. On my side, it’s a little less swimming, but much more cycling. I ride my bike to work 3-4 times a week. Takes me an hour to get there and approx 50 minutes to go back home.

On week-end, I do nice country roads. I will have to pace myself however. Yesterday I did 60km under a 32 Celsius degrees temperature. I guess that’s why I feel kind of messed up this morning…..
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #7  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchiepolarbear
Yesterday I did 60km under a 32 Celsius degrees temperature. I guess that’s why I feel kind of messed up this morning…..[/size][/font]
Yikes! Having a heat wave by you too! About 92 F here today, will be going swimming with the family shortly.
I sure hope you drank gallons of water before, during and afterwards, if not that is definitely a reason you feel messed up this morning. I remember the time I took a 24 mile bike ride and didn't drink enough water. Ended up with heat exhaustion-not fun!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #8  

Heat exaustion, you got that right....i drank approx 2 litres of water + 1 litre of gatorade in 3 hours. I guess that's not enough.....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

Talking

Woo hoo! I did another 20 minutes on the exercise bike, for a total of 40 minutes today! Not too bad for a chemo patient! (My body doesn't yet know it's not going to chemo this Thursday! *sssshhhhh -- it's a surprise!* According to my DietPower software, which factors in your weight when calculating calories burned, I've burned 633 in exercise today! I feel great about that.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 AM   #10  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Way to go everyone! Had a great day of exercise today.
Did my 8 Minute Moves a la Jorge Cruise this morning, swimming and playing at the lake for 2 hours this afternoon AND 1 hour of Tae Kwon Do! I Feel GREAT!

Frenchipolarbear: you take it easy today! Keep cool, rest and drink lots and lots and lots of water. Gatorade is good for replentishing the electrolites lost through heavy sweating and exercise but watch out for the calories. Should feel better in the morning.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

Another 20 minutes cycling for me! DP software tells me based on my weight I burned 338 calories in those 20 minutes -- and, more importantly, I feel good -- so I'm on the right track! Right now I expect to do more later on today, but if I'm too exhausted after grocery shopping (that's a very big activity for me to do alone at this point in my recovery) I may have to put off more exercise until tomorrow. I'll listen to my body and play it by ear.

At least I can say that I got in my exercise today!!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #12  
Jennifer

I just wanted to pop in to say how good it is to see you posting here again, Sarah! It makes me !

We have missed you here, and you're already rockin' on your exercise! I'm so proud of you.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

Smile

Aw, thanks Jennifer, old friend!

Ok. The grocery shopping was arduous (literally 2 full weeks worth of 5 meals daily of on-plan food for 2 people, plus lots of bottled bubbly water and two 20 lb. bags of kitty litter. ) By the time I got to the check out lane I was DONE! Then there was loading it all and unloading it all and carrying it up stairs and in the house, and then put away. Oh! You've grocery shopped before and know how it's done? Alright, I guess then I don't need to explain the process! Suffice to say that I got it done, but it required frequent rests and a surprising amount of time.

All that to say that I'm done with exercising for the day.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:10 PM   #14  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
...and two 20 lb. bags of kitty litter.
Please tell me you have a cat!

You don't believe in easing yourself back in gently, do you? I hope you're not overdoing it.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #15  
Weight Watcher Member

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5.3

Hi there! I'm new around here so let me just introduce myself. I'm Cara. Good to meet you! Okay. I went to my 2nd Jazzercise class today and worked out for 1 hour there. I'm loving Jazzercise! I feel so full of energy when I get home.
suunflowrr is offline   Reply With Quote