Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#40)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:02 AM   #2  

Shelley...Sorry but I can't help you with a crockpot roast recipe. I HATE roast so therefore I never buy it. Did you look under the WW recipes? I'll look around for you also.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #3  

Sherry I will sail around the world with you. What a pleasent welcome. I love it. I am glad that you had a good weekend.

Gayle did you have a few to many jello shots....hehe. I hope that you had a great time. How did your mom do without you by her side?

Shelley one of my favorite pork roast recipe for the slow cooker is

BBQ PorK

1 pork roast
7.5 oz Tomato sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1 c chopped onion
1/3 c white vinegar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 t mustard
1 t worcestershire sauce
1 t chili powder
1/4 t salt
4 T molassas
2/3 c water

Combine ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Remove pork and shred with tow forks. Stir pork in sauce and serve.

This can be served over buns or rice.

If you want a simpler recipe by a can or two of sweet and sour sauce pour over roast and cook.

Or for your sweet and sour sauce you could use;

1 c brown sugar
1 c water
1/2 vinegar
1 T soya sauce

Pour over pork and cook same amount of time.

After cooked mix

1/3 c water
1/4 c cornstarch

Cook on high for another 15-20 minutes. Or to thicken quicker microwave sauce.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #4  

Shelley...I called my Mom to see how she makes her roast. Dee's recipe sounds great though. Mom's is just VERY simple.

Put roast in crockpot, a little water, 1 pkg. lipton onion soup mix, cut up potatoes, cut up carrots, salt & pepper.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  

Shelley ...I never cooked a roast b/c i am like Sherry not a great fan of them. Now hubby cooks and he does like Sherry's mom and adds celery and onions tastes good but like i said can't stand it.

Hubby does most of the cooking and i don't complain one bit....

It is so dang hot out couldn't take the boys out today...better than snow tho.

Well later gals

Old 06-27-2005, 06:08 PM   #6  

Thanks, ladies! I went to Walmart this morning and bought some cranberry sauce and cranberry juice. I saw a recipe on the WW site using that along with bbq sauce for a tangy port roast. I'll let you know. I hate this cooking thing!!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #7  
Janice

Shelley you are too funny. I wish I didn't have to cook but we would starve to death around here. Doug is good on the barbecue, and that's about it. Welcome to all the new Floozies I see posting. I am a lurker. I read all the posts and feel like I know many of the gals on this thread from the postings.
I don't have too much new going. Shelley how does WW on line work? Does it really help? I used to go to the meetings but it wasn't always easy to get to them and then they cancelled the one I was going to.
I need to get motivated or a kick in the butt I have been working a lot lately, that's why I haven't been posting.
Dee, thanks for sending this wonderful weather my way!
Janice
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Hello girls!!!!!!!!! I made it home this afternoon after 4 fun filled days of selling ice cream! Actually we worked a little and goofed off plenty!! The concerts were good, no rain this year so it was just hot and humid. People were to the point on Sunday, passing out from the heat, we had three just by our booth that needed help. We stopped long enough to see a few of the concerts up close, I was not impressed with Big & Rich. Lone Star is always good, this was my 3rd time to see them. Oh ya, the 140+ jello shots were gone in two evenings! We kept them at the motel for the after hours party. Shelley, I purchase 1 ounce medication dispensing cups, then we mix up the box jello, instead of using all water, we sub with the booze. One batch was bourbon & coke, I boiled coke, added cherry jello then mixed bourbon and cold cola together. My favorite was this and the Sex on the beach jello shots. (orange/cranberry jello/peach schnapps/vodka)
While we were there, I had a "young man" hit on me!!!! After he found out I was with Steve, he told him then how pretty I was etc. I have a feeling alcohol was involved!! LOL! Anyways, it ended up he graduated last year! I had a kid younger then my daughter hit on me! He must of just seen the movie The Graduate!! LOL!!!
Sounds like everyone did a fine job of keeping the board going while I was away. It was nice to come home and check in on my dear friends! Mom did ok without me, Liz ended up getting her to therapy etc. It was a nice break for me, but now I'm ready to be back home and do what I need to do.

Carol, I am so very sorry to receive the news about your father. I hope he didn't suffer, it is so hard to lose our loved ones. You are in my sincerest thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 AM   #9  

Janice-Online is really good if you can be accountable to yourself and nobody else. I happen to be good at that. However, I am thinking about cancelling again because I'm not sure if it's worth it to me, since I have been at goal for quite sometime. As a matter of fact, I asked opinions on the Close to Goal WW board this morning. Have you tried posting over there, just to get a feel about it? You should. They are very friendly and helpful.

Gayle-Of course you got hit on by a younger man!! I doubt he was drunk. You are such a fun loving and beautiful person, why wouldn't he??
Old 06-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #10  

Vicki you are a lucky one that you don't have to cook. I don't mind cooking most of the times but sometimes I would like a break! You are right about the heat being better than snow!

Shelley how did your roast turn out? Are you getting use to the cooking yet?

Gayle welcome home. I am sure that it was a great weekend for you. You deserve to relax and shoot back a few. Can you make those shooters with diet jello?

Janice it has been cool here the last few days. It is probably heading your way. Hopefully it will warm up again. We have had such unpredictable weather. One minute we are ssweatin' and the next we are wearing gloves. Last night I slipped on a pair of gloves when we went out for a walk and Larry thought I was nuts.

Sherry I have made my roast like that before too. It is really good. So are you all nice and brown from your weekend camping? What do you camp in when you go? I haven't tented in a long time but I just love it.

Well Desiree's place is all set up. She is really surprised how nice it looks. Considering she really didn't have any furniture when she decided to move out. I think that she is proud of it. I can't believe that I have seen her more in the last week than a I have in a few weeks put together. This will be good for our relationship but bad for her pocket book. Still was her choice but I think the right one.

Time for to get dinner on. Bye bye for now.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #11  

Carol, please accept my most sincere sympathy in the loss of your father. I know today must have been very difficult for you. Please know that you are being thought of and prayed for during this time of sorrow.

I left Friday and went to stay with Ben for the weekend. We had a wonderful time and it was really good to get away. I've been working Saturdays and staying late at night due to two recent bank robberies. Luckily on the second, the female armed robber was apprehended and taken into custody. We got back every cent of the money, as she was arrested less then five minutes after robbing the bank. She is the same one who robbed the first one, but she had spent most of that money. I had to count it and hand it back over to the bank Vice-president last week. It sure felt nice holding over 20,000 dollars in my hands! You'd think they would at least give me a little reward money! hahaha

Gayle, you little vixen you! You better leave those young boys alone or I'll have to send my vice squad to your house!!! LOL! I think it's great that you got hit on...You go girl!!!

Well, I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I've got to get a few more things done before the wedding Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care all...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Ramona, I was thinking of you tonight when I turned the computer on. I didn't realize the wedding was coming up so soon, I thought it was another month or so away. I wish your father the very best. Please let us know how things go and even post a few pics if you want.

Dee, I don't see any reason why one couldn't use the SF jello for the shooters. I know most distilled booze is around 65 calories per ounce. Soooooooo, one could have about 4-6 shooters for around 130 calories.... not bad at all...... Also, the apple jello is the jello brand of extreme flavors~~~ Only one of our grocery stores carry it. Your recipes sound good...I wonder if you could use the SF brown sugar in place of the regular kind to make the S&S sauce??? I may need to experiment...
Old 06-29-2005, 06:13 AM   #13  

Ramona-How nice that you got to spend some time with Ben. I hope the wedding goes well and best wishes to your dad. I know how hard this will be for you, though.

Dee-My pork roast turned out delicious. I cooked it in cranberry sauce, bbq, and a little brown sugar. Probably too much fat for me, but it was worth it. I'm still not getting used to cooking. I hate trying to figure out what to have. The main dish is much easier than the side dishes, though. The good thing is now that I am doing the cooking, I can do it my way and make it healthy and diet friendly.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 AM   #14  

Good Mornin'

Gayle,
I know that makes you feel so good when you're hit on. Especially being a younger guy! YOU GO GIRL!!!! Everytime I hear you talk about your jello shooters, I think of several years ago when I made them for the first time: I didn't put water....all vodka! We wouldn't even eat them!!! OMG!
BTW: How is the tan? Does it look good?

Ramona,
I'm soooooooo happy that you were able to get away for awhile! You sure needed the rest and the time away with Ben. We're thinking about going soon to CT and spending a long weekend with Chris. I hope the wedding goes well. I know you have mixed feelings. Take care sweetie and try to hang in there!

Dee,
Yep...We tent camp! We rough & tough it! But we did find out that this is not the weather for it right now! We almost died from the heat! Debbie & James rented a pop-up that has AIR! So they should be fine thru Friday.I know Dez is very proud of her new place. I'm sure it will all work out. Your little girl is growing up.

Shelley,
I do all the cooking!! I don't think Wayne even knows where the pots & pans are! I think he & Drew would starve if I wasn't here to feed them!! I'm glad your roast turned out good! What's for dinner tonight? Can you believe they have had to shark attacks in Fla two days apart? Scary huh?

Vicki,
You're lucky too on the no cooking!!! Wow..What did I do wrong????? How many kids do you have now? Do you miss the 2 that left?

Hello to all I didn't mention. A friend just came over to visit. Better get off this computer.

Hugs to all...
Old 06-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #15  

H everyone...

Sorry but this will be short and sweet tonite..One tired puppy from the new baby i have...I do get to see his brother that left to start preschool and i really miss him

As for the no cooking ..When we first got married hubby made the mistake of saying he could cook better than me so i told him have at it big boy!!!!. So he has since then.
Now bake i can do well.

Well i will check in first thing in the morning to see how everyone is doing tonite.

love ya
Closed Thread