Old 06-26-2005, 05:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Around we go again with the friendly chicks #7

Okay, I've found the house, just look at the view from the front, the back is not bad either. I was also trying to get us a holiday home in Nova Scotia since one or all of us seem to be on holiday at one time or another, but I have run out of time, so the holiday home will have to come tomorrow.

Enjoy the new home. Come in spread out, enjoy the Spanish sunshine, the Kiwi fresh air and the Dutch vista out the back. Very cosmopolitan don't you think? Wish I knew how Meadow gets her pictures into the body of the message.

Click here to go back and see the last entries of the old thread.

Last edited by Shad; 06-26-2005 at 05:25 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:31 AM   #2  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Wow, Shad - it's beautiful. I'll be running around the lake - will post more later! Thanks for the new gorgeous digs, Shad.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ahhhh Miss Tig is the first to arrive. That must have been her running down by the lake then! Hello Tig!!!!

Shad~ What a lovely home!! Plenty of running room for me as well!!! Hope the day gave you some siesta time too along with the tile removal! Bottles in the rose garden/ Whatever were they watering your plants with?!?!?! Have a great week at the old job.

Teel~ Good to see you as always!! Hope the trip is a great one and don't forget to say hello to Bump for me!!!

Linus~ They had better nail your shoes to the floor to keep you still!! Enjoy the visit. I am envious!!!! Would love to sit around all day looking at baby stuff with you

Holly! Be careful with those ladders!!! Hope you finally got some help with the pots and pans

Meadow~ Loved the quote for Holly! LOL But so true!!!
Thank God the kids or you and Hubby weren't there! God.....you never know!!! What a freak thing. I would have never thunk it!!!! maybe the BBQ needs it's own umbrella! LOL Take care!

today is too humid already for me outside again so I'll finish a project. Yesterday I moved a commode table into the liv. room and put my almost 4' cactus on it. It won't fit in the window anymore. The next trip is OUT the window!!!
Now I want to fill up the bottom with all my seltzer bottles and have some storage space for sales. Did some general cleaning and believe it or not MORE sorting!!! Have some shoes that won't stay on my feet anymore and more xxxlg pants going in the garbage. found them in a drawer!! Today started off with my new bowl, oatmeal and blueberries all ending up on the floor!!! Not a new bowl any longer!!! Of course one lone berry got stuck on my tire and then made marks on the carpeting!!(sigh) Not a great start to the day!!! Good thing Jen and the kids gave me the plastic dishes!!! Must be an omen. Tomorrow is an 'outdoor' mall. One with stores around a big parking lot.
I am still looking for a bathroom powder puff. No one seems to have one so I may have to order from a catalog. am I the last of the talc puff users?!?!? LOL I like to make mine from cornstarch and essential oil. Lavendar of course.
Well I best get going. Been up since 5:30 and haven't done anything except clean floors and rugs!!! ;rofl:
Happy Sunday and Good Morning Sunshine
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  

"Holly-I found this quote for you "There are, of course, several things in Ontario that are more dangerous than wolves. For instance, the step-ladder."
~ J.W. Curran, The Canadian Wildlife Almanac, 1981
Be careful on that thing!" Egads Meadow!!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!! I am glad no one got hurt in the explosion!! HUGS!

Mel~ I am a talc puff girl. I found one at a dollar store about 5 years ago. I am gaurding it with my life!! I LOVE lavendar. Avon has a glorious bath gel. I out Yardlet lavendar soap in my drawers too.
Shad~ the home is lovely!!!! We have an aundance of rhubarb here, wish I could send some your way!!
Teel&Linus~ I am eagerly waiting to hear about all your fun!!!!!!
I have been fighting a headache all week since my ladder wipe out.I am almost done my period and then I rode my bike for the first time in 8 years,for an hour. I am stiff and achy.
I will do some yoga and then get back at all the cleaning!!!!!
I gave in and did the dishes.
DD fell alseep at 7:30 last night. It was nice to have a couple hours alone with DS. Hubby seems less grumpy today.
I slept way in this morning.
My weight is up a couple of lbs. I am back to nothing tasting good so I eat but I dont enjoy it. It may be the heat.
It is strawberry season here. I may go and pick up a flat today.
HUGS chicks!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #5  

Mel~ Madcat posted this in the journals for you and raventoy misses you too!!!

Hot town summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirt and gritty
Been down, isn’t it a pity
Doesn’t seem to be a shadow in the city
All around people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk hotter than a match head

I miss MEL.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #6  
Radiate self!

I adore la Alhambra in Granada! I've had dreams about laying on the grass there and just feeling the spirits of all those who have gone before Lovely choices Shad, thank you. To post a pic on here all you have to have is an url, I post the pics I make/find to a free account at www.photobucket.com so I'm not stealing bandwidth from the other sites. You just have to [img]url of picture between these command brackets[/img] and you will have your picture on the site
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #7  

Looks like the side view is not bad either Meadow. Thanks for the information. I thought I tried that, but maybe I need to do some practice. Or maybe it was the site I was using.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #8  

Okay here's the side gate to the new house.

Now I will have to work on the holiday home in Nova Scotia. It's coming Holly, it's coming.

While I think about it, if Tig is running around the lake, then we should see her in around a month next Tuesday.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #9  

Thanks Shad, I am not sure anyone but me would enjoy Nova Scotia, although it is a lot like Scotland. I seem to have read several books this year that take place on our East coast and now I have a hankerin' to go.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #10  

Default Here ya go Holly, the holiday house in Nova Scotia

and of course we need views and gardens with that but they will have to wait until I get home and can resize the pics. Meantime shift in and read the relaxation manual.

Here you go. Hours later but what the heck. The view from the front and the rose garden (well did you expect much else from me?)

Last edited by Shad; 06-27-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh my, the new house(s) are just BREATHTAKING... Don't know how you manage to find us better and better but you do. Just gorgeous. So pretty I won't even mind cleaning up around the place.

Things are going well with the family. Today just zoomed by so quickly it was over in 3 blinks of an eye. My sister keeps wishing for a thunderstorm can't imagine why. Skies clouded up just enough to ruin any swimming chances. We are eating ... alot. But I am trying to add fresh fruits and veggies along with the BBQ and chips. I guess we'll just have to swim more and take longer walks around the neighborhood.

Teel safe flight to you and enjoy your visit with Linus, Bump and family. Between the 2 of you hope you can figure out the camera for a pic or two.

Have a good week everyone...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #12  

Thank you ,Thank you, Thank you Shad!!!!!!!!

Enjoy yourself Happy!!!!

Linus&Teel!!~ We need pictures!!!!!!!!!! I want to sit out in Linus's garden with you!!!
Or at least imagine it.

The house is CLEAN!!!
This is a major accomplishment considering I live with pigs. I say this with love but they are a filthy, messy bunch.
I had words with hubby about his laziness and plain sloppiness in the house. He made a small effort to pick up after himself. The kids pitched in when I started putting their toys and"treasures" in garbage bags to be stored til a future date. Needless to say the house is empty of ALL extra belongings, ALL the closets have a bare minimum of personal belongings. Bedding and towels are in their proper homes, the whole house is dusted and vacuumed.....I will work hard at the pile of paper in the kitchen today and pay bills.
3 little people here.
School is out on Wednesday. DD is thrilled. DS is sad and wants to go all summer. Anyone remember September with him???? Who woulda thought this!!!
I am getting him lesson books per his request for the summer.We got the learning bug turned on and there is no shutting it off!!!!!!! Kinda cool. He is brilliant, of course, lol.
My headache turned into severe intestinal cramps and cold sweats. They have passed.
Supposed to go up to 33C every day this week. Thank God for AC and wading pools.
I will whip up a salad for lunch&supper.
My baby boy who is supposed to start in August is having respiratory issues and may have cat allergies. I am really sad about this. I have had his sister since she was 7 months and she and DD are VERY close.

I best go have breaky. I bought 10 litres of strawberries yesterday.MMMMM!!!
Have a cool refreshing day!!!!

PS I ate half a bag of Bugles while watching a movie( The Gift, most enjoyable) last night. Bah!!!! Told myself I would have a handful. Had several handfuls!!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #13  

hi girls, ive posted a pic of the view across the forth from my house ,it doesnt quite fit in with all the other ones but hubby re-sized it for me so you could all see ,ill get him to take pics off my hard drive and re-size them too ,if you al could see my garden you wouldnt want to sit in it honest !!!!!! its taken hubby 2 whole days over the weekend just to cut 50 %of the grass down to a normal length !!!! SHAD our garden is 17 meters 400 long by 5 meters 7 wide {yes hubby measured it men!!!!!!} so yes long and thin the front garden is much more modest 5 meters wide by 4 meters long so wont be as difficult to maintain ,craig starts his summer job tommorow with a 10 hour long shift !!!! i cant wait for the "but ive been working all day " cries
well the nausea is building up so im going to go and ill get back tomorrow after they have replaced the floors {hopefully }
lots of love
kirsty+ big bump
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scene.jpg (44.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by linus; 06-27-2005 at 05:04 PM.
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:55 PM   #14  

Morning all.
Just catching up with myself today. I have 3 different classes to take and mostly the same people in all of them. That makes life interesting. Still the one person I have found so far who tends to make life a bit of a puzzle is not there so that makes it more fun! Actually, I shouldn't complain. He wrote a scathing attack on the first course with me on the evaluation sheet, but since then I've been picking on him every time he is in my class and the evaluations are getting better and better. Actually got a five out of him last week. The first was a two (because I didn't put a water jug on the desk for him) Never mind, we have his measure now.

Glad you like the new house(s), I believe Holly is in the holiday house already and curled up with a good book somewhere in the rose garden! It was fun finding the gardens and side bits.

Happy, have a wonderful time with the family. Your sister is wanting a thunderstorm??? Does she want to spend all her time inside???

Linus - somehow I imagined that you would be on the other side of town. I didn't realise you had views to the Firth of Forth. How wonderful. Poor hubby, bet he didn't appreciated having to work all weekend in the garden and all week at work! By my reckoning, you should be meeting up with Teel sometime today. Hope you both have a good time together - no arguments - no mum!!!!! Hope Craig enjoys his holiday job. It's always amusing to see them take up employment for the first time and then realise that you actually have to work for the money!!!! My niece is working in a mobile phone shop. She gets paid a wage, but also gets bonus' if she sells plans etc. So she is working out the values too!

Tig is still running??!!! It's a fairly big lake Tig, hope you get back in time for 4th July! Have you got the mountain climbing boots too. It's not all running paths and nice stuff down there you know.

Mel, hope you are looking after those eyes and not dropping everything on to the floor anymore. Don't you just hate it when you get something on the shoes or tyres and traipse it right through the house? Just shows how many times you go from point A to B to C to D everyday.

Meadow - think I've got the picture bit down pat now. Just have to remember not to make it huge. Suzanne will be down on us about using her server space. Glad you liked the Alhambra. Not sure about lying on the grass. Not sure if there is any.

Guess we are all settled in now. Time for coffee and work I think. See ya
Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #15  

Linus~ that picture is exactly why I love Scotland so much!!!! You lucky girl!!!!!!