Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weightloss & Chitchat #135

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in getting/staying healthy , and we also share our daily ups and downs with each other. Please feel free to join us.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #2  

Afternoon Ladies--

I've been up and moving all morning it seems. Had no idea that my house needed this much straightening up!! But it's all done and I've got my shower in.....(worked up a sweat!) and ready to relax!

Jane--Jhanai is one of the sweetest and most caring little girls around!! Always thinking of others....after she's done thinking of herself! But seriuosly, she is a very loving little girl and I couldn't have asked for a better daughter! I've been blessed!

Terri--I'm sorry to hear about family members who are insensitive! If you're wanting to walk around, have you thought about just walking around the fields? When I was w/my ex- we lived out in the country and the nearest road was a busy highway...so I figured out how many times around the this area we had that would equal a mile...and walked. It was 5times around to get a mile in and I walked twice a day. Took Jhanai w/me some of the times but it slowed down the walking! I need to walk around my neighborhood too. There should be nothing stopping me!

Cristi--I've seen those jugs your were talking about. At least I think I did. I've also heard of the green tea gum. As I like green tea as the tea itself, I can't see me liking the gum. There is a comfort for me to grab some tea w/a good book and drink....but chewing the gum...I'm not sure. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Did many squats today (picking up tons of stuff on my floors) Worked out my arms by sweeping, lifting, and whatever else you can do w/your arms during cleaning. Put on some music and it really made it better for me to make it more of a workout instead of just cleaning the house. I use to do this at Sony too when it was open. found ways to work out the body while loading the machines. Makes a difference.

Tomorrow I won't have things to do so it's on the gazelle and some yoga. Need variety. This weekend...it's yard work!! And boy do I have LOTS of it! Does anyone want to come over and help??

I'm off to eat some lunch.

Take Care!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #3  
Dee

Unhappy

Hello Again Ladies....

It's been awhile since I've been here...sorry... Pam and I had a fabulous time at Magic Mountain with my DS. And we did ride the old wooden Colossus...wow, it seemed so much larger when I was younger.

The diet is comming along...still at 158...darn it, and the job hauling fuel isn't working out as well as I had hoped. It seems that my sweetie and my boy can't fare without me. And my house is falling apart with me just working and sleeping 5 days a week. I guess it's time to start looking again.....

Sorry to drop in and whine, but I have no one else to whine to...

Take Care, Keep Smiling and have a great day!!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #4  
RosieKate

Terri - thanks for sharing your pix...I have "helpful" realtives as well...the fat ones keep wanting to feed me, and the skinny ones make alot of noise about how they just "aren't hungry" and "isn't it amazing how little food one needs", usually they are saying this as I am eating something....sigh. Can't win with some folks.

Marti - Jhanai is a sweetie - you are one lucky mama. I know you will succeed in quitting cigarettes...we are all here to support you.

Susan - good luck with the courts... maybe now someone will take you seriously about having supervised visitation...or better yet, Mike will realize he is in over his head and just back off...looks like all his big plans are backfiring.

Jane - I am on the Zone for the summer, just because I was tired of journalling and keeping track of points/calories. I get bored, or something in my life changes, so I change my food plans around accordingly. The Zone keeps every meal and snack balanced, so there's no keeping track. Their site explains it all better www.zoneperfect.com. go to getting started area. Personally, I like the zone in the summer because there's a wide variety of produce and I go thru alot of it on the Zone. I don't like their recipes too much, I usually stick to some kind of no-frills lean protein.

Concrete work on the foundation begins tomorrow. I have been busy with VBS all week. So my house has absolutely fallen to pieces, lol! And what am I doing? messing around on the internet..found a great new online knitting magazine called Knitty ( www.knitty.com) lots of great patterns. Need to knit up what I already have...too many ideas and not enough time ...sigh...better get back to work....

Hi to anyone I neglected to mention today..hope you are all having great days...

Old 06-23-2005, 06:40 PM   #5  

Hello once again!!

Dee--Glad that you had a great time in Magic Mountain! Sorry to hear that the trucking isn't working as well as you would have liked. Keeping fingers crossed that you find that perfect job! Feel free to come here and whine all you want. We all need to sometimes!

Katy--How are you loving this weather?! It starts out really cloudy in the mornings (at least down here) and then it gets up to the 80's!! Perfect outdoor weather. I think it's great how you change around your routine for what works for you rather than just give up...which is what I would do....Keeping track of everything by journalling is good, but just to get started. It can get old. But if you get used to what you're doing it doesn't seem necessary anymore. (for me at least)

Well, I decided to do some of the yoga positions that James has shown me. Works out the legs a great deal. Tomorrow I just may be hobbling around! But it's worth it. I hate how my thighs are looking. Really flabby.

I also went to Walmart and bought myself a lunch bag. They call it the munch bag. I wanted to bring my lunches to work again instead of going out and eating.....been eating at the "NO-NO" places!! And it has to stop! So I've got out and bought my bag and I'm filling it w/healthier foods! Quite pleased w/myself!

Ok.....must pack lunch and make sure my makeup looks good

then it's:

"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's of to work I go! (insert some whistling!!)"
Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

If you were a Dwarf what dwarf would you be????
( and you thought I would ask what kind of tree would you be! ha- I would be a willow tree - lol)

I think I would want to be Happy.

I am filling out my parent enforcement motion right now. It is mute basically but Cute Lawyer (if you squint your eyes) said to do it. He is trying to save me money, the filing fee cost $114. Cute Lawyer says to pay the filing fee before him.....awwwww.

I am 151, Dee.....how tall are you?? I could never be 130. I hope to be 150 - lol....best to you!

Hi Katy!!! Beautiful weather, huh???

You're brave with your squats Marti

Ma Jane....I had 1 oz of wadder , 20 oz of coffee and a saugage patty biscuit, a handful of peanuts and ,,,,,,,,I guess that is it. I need some veggies and protein for dinner.

best get!!
Old 06-24-2005, 12:57 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening everyone,

Marti, would chewing the gum help with stopping smoking? I have been in the make a bear store ,,,love it!

Cristi, went with Tanner for a hair cut today and was so tempted to get a cut but she wouldn't...lol she knows I want me hair long. Tanner is all hop,,,hes got some Emu cut style...didn't know what he ment. Anyways its cut all jagged with long bangs...ok it looks cute with the pink hair.

Jane,,,can you come over and move my furniture around? Just told Brandon that I need some painting done,,,and hes the one to help me. We have a load of gravel coming too,,and hes the one to help me there too,,,he knows that.
Will be seeing the gyno next Thursday. Fingers crossed that she goes for the surgery.

Dee,,,bummer about the guys in the house...did you like the job itself? I get to go to magic mountain this summer! Indiana Jones ride here I come!

Terri,,,I find most of my family isn't as supportive as friends...thats why I don't spend as much time around family.

Went and took Skittles to the vet this morning,,,was so not happy! Her not me...lol
cleaned the house a bit,,,and have started the laundry,,,water ban is off,,,except for watering lawns and washing cars. I only have 7-8 loads to do...*sigh

Finished reading Deep Freeze but Lisa Jackson,,,kinda scary. And now am into Just Imagine by Jane Elizabeth Phillips...

I got all my water in today! That doesn't happen often enough but I did get in more then 8 glasses...my eating wasn't as clean. Had an oatmeal bar for breakfast...full of sugar. Other then hobbling around from room to room haven't gotten any exercise in.
Just got an email from someone I knew in my home town,,,haven't talked with her in over 20 yrs...
anyways better get to bed,,,night all
Old 06-24-2005, 08:46 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

TGIF, ladies,

Cristi - why is your basement so cold? At least you don't get overheated when you exercise, lol. Happy staining today! I like being able to pull my hair back, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it wanting to bush out a little too much. I think it's due to the humidity, and the fact that my hair is coarser now that the natural color is gray. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to get a new do!

Marti - yeah for the exercise! You know, if housework is done the right way, a person really can get a workout, lol. Some of the hard-core fitness buffs would argue that point, though, lol. Good for you taking your lunch to work with you.

Katy - my girls have been busy with VBS all week, too, and will be glad to see it end. Katie's last day was yesterday, since she's out of town, but then there's a special program with all the kids at church this Sunday, and they'll be shepherding the kids during that. I can hardly wait to see how the twins do during the program. I'm not really familiar with the Zone diet. Sounds healthy enough, though.

Susan, Susan, Susan - what am I going to do with you??? ONE oz of water??? I bet you meant 1 gallon, lol. Glad the lawyer is giving you a break. You sure deserve one.

Angie - I'll be right there to help move the furniture, lol. I'll be getting my hair trimmed and touched up Thursday while you're seeing the gyno. If it ain't one end, it's the other, lol.

Dee - sorry the job isn't working out. Do you have some other job in mind, or lined up?

We got Katie and her buddy to the train station, which takes 2 hours to get there, and the train was on time at 4:57 AM. Then we had the 2 hour drive back. So I hardly got any sleep at all, and need to take care of some things before I can grab a nap.

I did the Gazelle yesterday, while watching TV, so the time passed fast. I've adopted the attitude of "Just shut up and do it" when it comes to exercise, and I know from past experience that once my body is used to it again, I'll feel sluggish if I don't get it in.

Have a good day, and I'll try to check in later....
Old 06-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #9  

Hello ladies--

Susan--Glad that the lawyer is working w/you this time. Mike really messed up this time didn't he? Good job on his part! Better drink more than just an oz of water miss Susan!

Angie--Crazy thing about gum, I chew it right after I smoke.....to get rid of the bad smell. So I don't know if it would help me or make me want to smoke. I have people at work who are supportive and will keep me on track. And James quitting too will help.

Jane--That is the exact same thoughts I had about exercise. It gives me energy and if I don't do it....I feel sluggish. This weather really helps the motivation I think. Sun always make me happy! (unless I'm melting! )

Ok....Need to wash up...I feel grimey! But I need to get some exercises in first...

talk to you a bit later
Old 06-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #10  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

FINALLY FRIDAY WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO

Today has been slooooowwwwww at the old salt mines. Kinda nice, cause I can catch up on filing etc. It's stinkin hot here today. Temps close to 102 degrees again. WHEW! I love it though.

Got all my water in today. I finished my MEGA JUG and am starting on number two. I start the diet on Monday and I am really looking forward to it. I can hardly wait to fit into all my old clothes. Leather coat HERE I COME!

This weekend is my company BBQ at the bosses house. Should be fun.

Well must run.

TTFN
Have a great weekend everyone!

Anita
Old 06-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies~

Jane~as far as I know all basements are that way. Guess because they are in the ground and surrounded by concrete-keeps the heat out. Know what ya mean about the humidity and hair! The humidity has always done a number on my hair but I have noticed the last few years it is worse if I just let it dry naturally. It's kind of got a wave to it and curls in spots.

Marti~I'll let ya know if I try the gum, haven't seen it anywhere. I do enjoy a cup of tea but usually when the weather is cooler, otherwise it is iced tea.

Susan~how nice of the almost good looking lawyer to give you a break. You deserve it!

Dee~well, what ever you do about the job I hope it all works out for you the way you want it to. It's hard to work nights, sleep days and run a house for sure. Glad you, Pam & DS enjoyed Magic Mountain.

Anita~enjoy the BBQ at the boss's this weekend!

Angie~would love to see a pic of Tanners pink hair and his new haircut. Glad she wouldn't cut yours, you would have regretted it. But then I usually do things on the spur of the moment and think later that I shouldn't have but oh well. It's just hair and it will grow back.

Guess that's about all I have. Not much going on, same old, same old...staining, laundry, cleaning house, cleaning house, laundry, staining...actually I almost finished the deck. Didn't realize I was out as long as I was and I was sweaty! With the wind blowing like it was the temp wasn't so bad (92). Decided to take a break and jump in the shower though. Will finish it up this evening when there is some shade back there. Didn't get to it last night, just didn't feel like doing it. I figure that is my exercise for the day, getting up and down on that ladder was enough for me. Thought the wind was going to blow me off of it. Anyway, eating has been good today and almost got my water down for the day. I know I am not doing the best that I can but I am doing something so...

Have a good weekend every one, take care!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #12  
Dee

Well, Here I am again...I kicked the boys in the butt and am biting the bullet and staying with the fuel transport. I made it through probation and get my uniforms this weekend - yippeeee, no more ruining my own clothes.

I am 5'4" tall....and was 130 about a year ago, it just seems that when things start going sour, my figure goes with...lol. But all is looking up I guess, just being a fussy girl

Thanks Ladies for putting up with my whiny day.

Keep Smiling and have a great day!!
Old 06-26-2005, 03:42 AM   #13  

Wow...
Quiet Saturday was it??

Dee--Good for you for kicking some butt at home and staying w/the job. If you like it then it's good, but if you don't like it, maybe later you can find something new. As for the weight gain... I was at 133 only a couple years ago....now I'm trying to just get to the 130's, or just tone up. I'm deteremined to at least be at 140 by the end of the year!

Cristi--Getting water down is hard for me on some days and not a problem other days. I know I need to drink more of it! I've stopped grabbing coffee at work and the soda's are "outta here" and now I've started bringing my water bottle. I need to discipline myself better.

Anita--102?! OMG! That would just kill me. I would melt away. Being an Oregonian who see's rain majority of the time, those temps are frightening! Hope you had fun at the BBQ!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you're having a great weekend.

Spent the day w/James. In a couple hours he's been up for 24hrs!! Insane...trying to talk him into going to bed. He took a personal day off, so we'll have the whole weekend together.

Did some healthy food shopping and BBQ'd some chicken today. Very nice! Tomorrow,,,I'm going to check out some garage sales!

I'm tired so I think I'll drag my honey to bed. Hopefully he won't have a tantrum!

Night girls!
Old 06-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hia ladies...

Just a quick note to say hello. It's 98 degrees here, with a heat index way over 100, and I have a summer cold, which doensn't help matters. Katie got home from Chicago safe and sound, and the twins had their VBS program today. Other than that... same old stuff.

I'll check back tomorrow when/if I feel better. Have a good day.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Will Rocky and I agreed to "just be friends". He is unwilling to move here and I will not leave my children.

Told him I am not going to hinge my future on an 11 year wanting to move to Oregon. He went further though and said he had 10 years til retirement,......blah,blah.

So, just say you ain't going to move???? Why string it on. I said,,,,,,"fine, I will have the guts to say it isn't going to go anywhere,,,,lets cut our loss now."

Why even visit?? Just to prolong it?? Just to get a romp in the sack?? WhatEVER.....like I need that right now ( ok,,,,,,,ummm.........lol)

Anyway, I am thinking about going part time housing authority job. I have a chance to transfer a mile from the girls and I think I will go for it. If I get closer to the girls anything is possible....we can worry about money later on. I can always get another part time job.......

I already talked with my boss about working part time with him and part time at the new place but he said "I dont' want to share you , I want you all to myself."........*sigh,,,,,he is so romantic......lol

No, I meant 1 0z, it was just a gulp......151 this morning.

Better get!
Closed Thread