South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #1  

Default I'm getting sick of this food on Phase 1

Newbie here!
Day 8 of Phase 1 and I almost caved this afternoon. I can't stomach eating another salad or seeing another egg! I tried making the bean brownies a few hours ago for something new and OMG, NASTY !!!!! Waste of food, money and my time.
The novelty has worn off ladies and I feel like I might fall off the wagon!
Not to mention I'm not losing anymore. I lost it all in the first 2 days and now...NOTHIN.
I'm ready for Phase 2!!!
Can I make it another 6 days? Please lend some support to a whiney newbie.
THANKS!
Old 06-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Well you certainly dont need to eat eggs every day - look at the other breakfast suggestions.

What salad are you eating? You can have a Greek salad, or a tuna or salmon salad, or maybe a 3 bean salad at lunch, and just a side salad with your dinner.

Do you have the book? It seems a little strange that you are jaded with food choices alrady at Day 8...you dont have to stick to the recipes and meal plans in the book.

I suggest you read the recipe threads here -lots of great ideas and no need to be bored with the food on this plan.
SBD isnt a perfect diet...there is no such thing, but there isnt a reason to be bored.

If your sugar cravings are truly, honestly gone, then maybe move to P2. But I think that only works if you have stuck to P1 strictly and you can honestly say you have no cravings.

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #3  

I've been making the BEST shakes in the morning for the last month, they are DELISH!!!

Some Light Soy Milk
Some Lowfat cottage cheese, then blend really well
Add a scoop of soy protein powder
teaspoon of cocoa powder
quick pour of sugar free vanilla syrup

This fills me up and keeps me satisfied for about 3 hours..I love eggs and all but I would MUCH rather drink this every morning!!! Even my baby girl helps me w/ it.

HTH and hang in there!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Try the mock french toast pancake scramble or dinner for breakfast!!!

The recipe forum is chock full of suggestions!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #5  

Thanks girls. I was having a rough day yesterday. I have been following the recipes in the book, on here, and on other sites. It just seemed to me that I was eating only salads and eggs, even though that's not really true. I craved somethign else yesterday and nothign seemed yummy!!

I have tried the mock french toast and the mock oatmeal. I can't handle the SF syrup. It's gross. But I mixed the "scrambled" french toast in with some cottage cheese and it became my oatmeal
Thanks for the protein shake suggestion. That sounds good.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #6  

Default Hang On...phase 2 Coming Soon

I hear ya.

I don't think craving is the problem, but boredom with what you are eating. I tried the ricotta cremes and thought that they were also a waste of food and time. I was so excited to get into phase 2. South Beach cereal and cereal bars became my breakfast after that.

Try adding a half slice of low fat American Cheese to those scrambled eggs.

hang on...only a few more days.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #7  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

I hear ya loud and clear. I was getting really bored with phase 1 ~ so I moved onto phase 2 a couple of days early. Now, I am not saying that is the right thing to do ~ but I have felt more satisfied with more food choices and variety and it was a good thing for ME.

Good luck!
Closed Thread