Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default that time of the month....

I hate what it does. I feel so bloated and gross and then I'm eating too much I know I'm still eating less than what I was before I started WW again, but its more than what I *should* be eating. I just feel like I'm failing. My boyfriend is being really supportive and helpful.... though... lol he just HAD to make chocolate chip cookies today

Anyway, just feeling really guilty and down on myself for not having more self control.

and I have horrible cramps.

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #2  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yes we have talked about this many times the Great TOM
You will gain weight at this time and after your period it will come back off.
And you might have a little more cravings than you usually would also but eat the good stuff instead of the bad stuff and when the period is over you wont feel like you failed during this time. Its usually a day or two you will go this. And get yourself some Midol or Tylenol PMS if you can take those types of cramp relief medications and it will be okay. Cramps are what bother me tho most and the medicine usally makes it more bearable.
Hang in there it will be alright.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 PM   #3  

I know I'm wayyy to hard on myself, because even though I went over my points today, it wasn't with completely bad food. I still had my veggies and my fruits, and my water.

I shouldn't even still have cramps today (with how my period is) and I just keep forgetting to take the motrin to help... thanks for reminding me I'm going to take some as soon as I get off here

Thank you for your support!!!

~Liz
Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #4  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

::hugs::: That TOM wrecks havoc with my body~ the hormones make me very irritable, and the weight gain doesn't help that any! My skin's a mess, my clothes don't fit right, and I don't want anyone to touch me... or some days even talk to me, lol! I think giving yourself a little break during that time is ok... not going totally crazy and living on chocolate or anything, but, a little treat or a few extra calories won't hurt too much if it's only one or two days a month.

In addition to the Motrin or Midol, another thing that really helps me with cramps is a heat pack.

Hang in there.... a few more days and it will be over!
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #5  

Thanks!

Thank goodness my period has only been lasting 2 days, 3 days at the most lately. Its almost gone today, and I'm feeling much better... and it seems like I'm down another pound?? I know my scale is unreliable, but I keep stepping on it, and its going to the same thing.

Anyway, hopefully today I will do MUCH better than I did yesterday. And hopefully that stupid bloating feeling will go away.

~Liz