Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #1  
Married to the USAF

Location: Misery... Uh, I mean Missouri... Moving to Germany in December '05

Default Do something you REALLY want to do!

I am 29, really overweight--obese even--and I have always dreamed about taking a dance class... Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical... ANYTHING! The problem... I would always promise myself that I would join AS SOON AS I lose weight! How dumb is that!? Why should I have to wait?

So... I did it! I went to the local dance place and signed up for a beginning adult lyrical dance class that meets every Saturday! Woohoo! I have already been to two sessions, and I LOVE it! I am the fattest one there, the worst dancer, I CANNOT jump higher than 1 inch off the ground, my flexibility is non-existant... But I love moving and trying. That is all that matters. Joining this class has made me want to lose weight so that I can do the moves better! It has motivated me to get fit and healthy!

I am not waiting anymore! I am having so much fun and I don't care how stupid I might look... no one is probably looking anyhow, and if they are... at least I am giving them a good laugh! Ha!
Candy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  

Wow - I'm impressed! Not only will you get more graceful and flexible as you continue in the class, but the movement will certainly help tone you as you lose.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #3  
Looking for Thin

Good job for you! You are right. Nothing should stop us from doing what we want. Dancing is great exercise. What better way to exercise than to do something you enjoy. It doesn't seem like exercise that way! Awesome! Keep up the good work. I found your entry very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I know what you mean. I always used to wish I could run, and thought I might start when I lost weight. It was only after quite a few years of not doing anything about it that I realised that running could help me lose the weight in the first place!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #5  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Since I've started changing my life I've also realized that putting off things until I'm "thin" causes me to miss out on too much. Having a healthy lifestyle really empowers me to get over my fears, especially the ones that people are judging me because I'm fat.

I love swimming but I used to kind of avoid busy pools because of how I look in a bathing suit.

I think one of the reasons I'm not bothered by it anymore is because I realized that these beautiful people at my apartment complex pool are the same beautiful people at the gym when I'm sweaty, red faced and jiggly. I realized at the gym nobody cares and that I dont really care if they are looking at me in my bathing suit or not!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote