Old 06-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #1  

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread 22 to 29 June

Well, I thought we deserved a new thread.......so here it is!

I am pleased to report that I had a good day....which is definitely progress in the right direction.

Cappucino
2 quarter sandwiches (egg mayo, prawn)....best options available at lunch provided in meeting
Banana
Gazpacho
Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, mint and yogurt dressing
Chicken breast
Cherries
Strawberries

20 min walk
20 min swim
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #2  

Well The Scale Is Not Moving But I Look Smaller And Great News Yesterday I Fit Comfortably In A Size 18 Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!! It Is A Straight Cut. And I Saw A Few Stares But I Really Want The Scale To Move From 245.5. It Frustrauting But I'll Keep Working Hard. I Think I Need To Work Out More Or Work On Keep My Water Intake Up (i've Been Drinking Juices And Soft Drimks Lately)
silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #3  
...toward a better me!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! May I tell you all how I really like posting my food here? More than once I've stopped myself from eating something by thinking-- "I don't want to have to tell them I ate THAT..." ) Here's me today:

Breakfast: Eggbeaters with spinach and mushrooms, 1 cup sliced fruit

Lunch: 1/2 turkey sandwich (turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, 1 slice whole wheat bread), 1 cup vegetable soup -- I'm getting really tired of this for lunch, but our work cafe has been on this comfort food spree lately, damn them. Oh, the fried things I've passed up! You could SMELL the calories getting off the elevator. I'm too lazy to bring my lunch

Dinner: Broiled chicken breast w/ dijon mustard, baby zucchini, tomato, 1 oz honey whole wheat pretzels, nectarine

Snack: FF yogurt

Exercise: My brain is thinking up excuses (the heat, my skinless ankle, etc.)-- I'll report back if I win the battle with my brain!
Water: 50 oz, ice tea, diet coke
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 AM   #4  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Cool June 22, 2005, *Wednesday*

June 22, 2005, *Wednesday*

Breakfast: Personal Pizza, Large Salad with no calorie and low-fat dressings (yes, I really ate that for breakfast-LOL)

Lunch: Kashi 7 Grain Granola Bar

Dinner: Large Salad with no calorie and low-fat dressings and 3! Turkey Hotdogs with Buns and lots of ketchup (that's what I get for not eating a bigger lunch and skipping snacks! Yikes!)

Snacks:

Beverages: 16 oz choc/vanilla soymilk, 80 oz water, 20 oz strawberry flavored sparkling beverage (calorie free)

Exercise:
8 minute moves
1.25 hour Tae Kwon Do
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:54 AM   #5  

Cecily - I find it really helps posting my food/exercise too! Well done on avoiding the work cafe comfort food!

Laura - And what is wrong with pizza for breakfast?! Its good to break with convention, you know! And skipping meals.....not terribly good for the blood sugar levels and metabolism, or so they say!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I have PT this morning, it's become a joke w/some my friends because I really look forward to going... first of all my knee is doing much better and I've been able to do cardio for 45 mins for the first time since March when I did whatever I did to it. And of course, I have this really HUGE crush on the the PT guy. I feel like I'm back in high school or something. Whatever it is, last time I actually giggled while doing leg lifts

Anyway, I was ok yesterday until dinner, when we went out with a cousin of mine that I haven't seen in a long time who's getting married, I don't know why I chose what I chose, I guess for one moment the old Beth snuck back in, because I love Chicken parm! The good news is that I ate about 1/3 to 1/2 and I was satisfied, the bad news is that it pushed me over my points for the day. Well, today is all new again...

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - ww muffin
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
8 - mozzerella and tomato
10 - chicken parm
31 points (3 over)

Have a good day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Wednesday, June 22

Breakfast:
cottage cheese
banana
cantaloupe

Lunch:
baked fish
carrots
sweet potatoes
green beans

Dinner:
2 slices pepperoni pizza, with salsa for dipping
cherries

Snacks throughout the day:
2 mini sugar wafer cookies
2 slices of cheese after work

Drinks:
water, coffee

Calories:

Exercise:
five flights stairs, 20 minutes walking (to/from Metro)
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #8  
Black Belt In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist
Laura - And what is wrong with pizza for breakfast?! Its good to break with convention, you know! And skipping meals.....not terribly good for the blood sugar levels and metabolism, or so they say!
MMMM, pizza for breakfast. My kids thought it was funny, except my almost 7 year old who was offended. "Mommy, you can't have that for breakfast, that's dinner food." She cracks me up!
ACK-tell me about it! Got home from TKD and was so grumpy 'cuz I was so hungry! I was so busy with laundry and housework yesterday, I just grabbed the granola bar and decided to call it lunch. Then I skipped the snack I should have had before TKD which made it even worse. I've learned a valuable lesson.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #9  

Happy to say I had another good day.....ate lots of vegetables and went swimming....

Coffee
Salad, cherry tomatoes,chicken breast, mint and yogurt sauce
Fettucine with chicken, broccoli, various other vegetables
Grilled herring, roast vegetables, spicy spinach and vegetables, broccoli
Pineapple
Half a glass of red wine

20 min swim
Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 PM   #10  
...toward a better me!

It was a good day, my friends. Hope you all are doing well too!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 1 cup sliced fruit
Lunch: FF cottage cheese, one of those 100 cal snack thingies (pretty good for a salty fix, but made out of crappy ingredients), nectarine
Dinner: Broiled chicken breast, 1.5 cups haricot vert with 1 tsp butter
Snack: 1 serving frosted mini-wheats, skim milk

Water: I knew I forgot something... Darn it.
Exercise: 1 hour of heavy weeding & pruning in the heat. Argh.

I have house guests coming for tonight and staying through the weekend, a party Saturday, then a business trip all next week. Lord help me! I don't want to mess myself up!!!!
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:03 PM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

Thumbs up

*Thursday, June 23, 2005*

Breakfast: 2 Kashi Waffles topped with 3 tablespoons applebutter, 1 Golden Delicious Apple w/cream cheese dip

Lunch: Cheeseburger (lean beef patty, low-fat swiss cheese, lettuce, ketchup and honey mustard on "lite" wheat burger bun), 1 Turkey hotdog on bun with ketchup and honey mustard, 2 cups salad topped with 1/4 sunflower seeds, 3 TBS mini croutons, 2 TBS calorie free ranch dressing and 1 TBS low-fat french dressing

Dinner: 1 Roast Turkey wrap (Honey wheat tortilla topped with low-fat swiss cheese and lettuce), cooked baby carrots and broccoli topped with 1 tsp flax seed oil

Snacks: 1 Sundae Toppings Pudding cup (vanilla with caramel topping)

Beverages: 80 oz water, 20 oz strawberry flavored calorie free sparkling beverage, 16 oz choc soymilk

Exercise:
8 minute moves
1 hour 15 minutes swimming/chasing my kids around at the beach
25 minutes yoga*
*It was 93F today and way too hot in my house today to exercise. Thank goodness we're only 5 miles away from a decent beach! So anyway, I'm doing my exercise video tonite while it's cooler.

Last edited by taekwondomom; 06-23-2005 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Needed to add a few items to my food log.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Glad to see you're perking up and back OP, Claire. Grilled herring--yum!

Hope you have a good weekend, Cecily! With good choices!

Laura: Kashi this, Kashi that, "Kashi waffles"? Gordon Bennett! Is there anything Kashi doesn't make? I reckon the 3FC community keeps this company in business!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:39 AM   #13  

6/23
Morning
-2 Waffles w/1.5tbsp Light Syrup
Afternoon
-1 Corn Cob, 1 Sugar Free Popsicle, 1 Sugar Free Fudgesicle
-45 RF Cheez-it's
-Honey Turkey Sandwich on wheat w/FF Cheese & Lettuce
Night
-4c Salad w/2.5oz Skinless Chicken Breast, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 1.5tbsp Cheddar, 2tbsp Mozzarella, 4tbsp FF 1000 Island, 15 Large Croutons
Late
-1c Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
-1 SF Fudgesicle
Total: 1641 Calories, 40g Fat
CassandraA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I had an interesting day yesterday, I was so busy and food just really wasn't a major issue for me.

So, I had my normal breakfast, a Zone bar for lunch because I was too busy to go to the cafeteria, then I had a 2pt bar as a snack, and went out with some friends to a race in Central Park. After the race we went to a bar, I had basically a sip of light beer all night. Went home and realized that I hadn't eaten, had a cheese stick and went to bed.

When I looked at my journal this morning, I realized that I had only eaten 15 points all day! That's not something that I've ever done before. Usually, I would have been so focused on not eating that I would have binged or, gotten drunk and then eaten whatever bar food there was, usually fried.

So, here's my food from yesteday...

2 - coffee
3 - ww muffin
1 - egg whites
5 - zone bar
2 - 2 pt bar
2 - string cheese
15 points (out of 28)
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #15  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Breakfast:

cottage cheese
banana

Lunch:
ham and cheese on whole wheat
chicken chipotle soup
iced chai tea (what a treat!)

after work snack:
2 cups skim milk (so I don't kill someone)

dinner:
1 slice pepperoni pizza with salsa for dipping (that's the last of the pizza)
raspberries from the garden
synger is offline   Reply With Quote