South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #1  

Talking Starting tomorrow!

Tomorrow I begin day one of phase one! I'm actually really looking forward to it! (I'll probably be singing a different tune in a few days! ) I'll also be starting my new exercise routine (pilates, cardio, and maybe a little yoga in the mornings). Let's hope I'm able to wake up early enough to do it. My son wakes up around 7am and once he's up, I have to be mommy.

Can't wait to join you all on the beach!

Christine
Old 06-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Welcome Christine!
Glad to have you beachside
Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 PM   #3  

Good luck, Christine.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good luck, Christine!
You might want to take it easy with the exercise the first few days. You may be a little tired/headachy from detoxing.
Don't forget to drink LOTS of water!!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 AM   #5  

Good Luck Christine and Welcome !!! (I'll second what Ellis said.... I was Miss Crankypants for the first 4-5 days )
Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just be sure to include good carbs like beans and lentils in your meals and you can stave off cravings. Most folks hold off on the exercise until Phase II.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #7  

One of my biggest problems with weight loss is that I go gung ho in the exercise department. I end up starving and eating all day long. This time I'm holding off on the exercise until I have my eating under control. Then I will add it in.

Also, the first couple days of Phase 1 knocked me on my well...you know!! Yesterday was day 3 and it wasn't until last night that I didn't feel totally and completly drained. I don't think I could have worked out, even if I wanted to.

That said....day 4 and I feel like I could run a marathon!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #8  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

My doctor suggested I not exercise during phase 1 since I would probably not be feeling so great. I am glad I followed the advice since trying to exercise while feeling like cr** wouldn't have motivated me to do it for long.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi and Welcome. I ditto Ellis' point about excersise. Heck, I'm still staying away form exercise
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #10  

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably take it easy with the exercise for now. I don't want to not do it at all. I'll just ease into it. If I feel completely drained I may skip it, but as long as I'm feeling good I want to do something. I gotta get in the habit.

By the way, I woke up later than I wanted to and was only able to get in 20 min of cardio before my son demanded to watch Dora. Maybe tomorrow I'll do better.

Christine
Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #11  
Cat Lover

20 minutes of cardio is good! I have been not getting enough exercise in! Welcome! The fun begins with phase II, the rules loosen!!!

Sandi
Old 06-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #12  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

~ welcome! Yes, phase 1 is detoxing ~ but once you get past those first couple of days you will really be able to tell a difference. Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #13  

Smile Detox Day

I'm definitely feeling the effects of detox today. I'm completely drained. I don't think I've been eating enough veggies, so I'm having a cucumber snack right now.

I haven't had any cravings at all. (knock on wood) I feel really good. I'm not hungry. So far I haven't had that "ugh, i ate way too much" feeling after meals. I hate that feeling. What's worse is when you get that but still feel kinda hungry.

So from what I've gathered, once I get past the first couple of days things get better right?

Christine
Old 06-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #14  

Hi Christine, It took me 5 or 6 days to begin to feel good (tired, drained, low grade constant headache) then you'll notice your energy will really pick up..

Hang in Thar Babalooie....it's worth the process
Old 06-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #15  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Christine. Welcome to the beach.

I think detox is different for everyone. My hubby and I had flu like symptoms for about the first 4 days and then we felt really sluggish and slow feeling for about a week. But basically started feeling really good after the first 4 days. I didn't have much of any cravings but my moods were swinging like a revolving door. Hubby however had really bad cravings for 2-3 days.

Good Luck!!! We're rooting for you!!
Closed Thread