South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #1  
krazy binging insomiac

Unhappy caloric intake

I’m a little concerned because I don’t think i’m getting enough calories. I discovered I have this problem in the past when i did weight watchers. to be within the alloted points range i had to eat a piece of chocolate every day. but on south beach i’m just not hungry and don’t want to eat anymore. because i’m 249lbs i should be eating around 1800 cals/day but i find i’m only getting to about 1500.

I am realy not hungry and don't want to eat anymore than what I'm eating... I'm eating all healthy stuff (lots of beans cause i'm a pesco-vegetarian). And yes I am eating deserts (pb cookies and bean brownies)

Any thoughts/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Hmmm, that is a tricky question. You feel ok? Not hungry? Are you losing weight? Personally, I think it would be ok. I'm not an expert by any means. The standard "rule of thumb" is not to go below 1200 calories. Maybe 1500 calories is good for you.

We'll see what everyone else says about it.

Take care,
Sarah
Old 06-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #3  

Hi Nefarious Wytch... I know how you feel, I too couldnt eat all my points, and I was barely eating a 1000 calories on SBD.. I'm trying to eat foods with higher calories - same volume to help me make 1200. Since my main way is by eating red lean meat..that aint gonna work for you.. maybe check with the Vegetarain forum folks on higher caloric food stuffs (?) .. but like Sarahu stated, you are within the acceptable calorie range for healthy weight loss...you sound like you're on the right track..!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Are you losing on 1500? Are you active?

Maybe add more veggies to your salads and to meals?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #5  
krazy binging insomiac

i can't tell if i'm losing because i'm only on day 2 of phase 1 so i can't tell yet. i am becoming fairly active now ... i ride my bike to and from work (20 minutes each way) and i'm starting a weekly 1 hour yoga class and a weekly 1 hour bellydancing class so i am fairly active i guess.
Closed Thread