Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Default Mourning my "fat clothes". Please tell me I'm not alone.

Does anyone else do this? As I lose weight, some of my "fat girl" clothes are just not fitting any more. Really this is a GOOD thing. My issues are coming from a couple of shirts, and more than anything this denim skirt. It's just so comfortable and flattering. I'm very tall and this skirt actually hits at my knees, which is a rarity for me. The cut really is slimming. I am still wearing it with a belt, but I predict that within another 10-15 pounds this skirt will be a goner. I'm SAD about this. I'm sad that my "fat girl" clothes are too big! Isn't that absurd? I keep reminding myself that the whole reason I like this skirt is because it's very slimming, and once I'm at my goal I'll be more likely to have favorite outfits because of color or fabric or whatever other detail is exciting about the clothes, not simply because they make me look thinner. And, I'll be able to shop more places and will certainly be able to find another knee-length, flattering, comfortable denim skirt.

Still, I'm going to miss this skirt. So diagnose me. Am I nuts?
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #2  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I did that the other day myself, Put on some clothes and they fell off the sholders or the pants fall down way to big for a belt. And I thought darn it.. Then it hit me ,,,Helllloooooooo
now I barley have any clothes to wear and were not really in a situation where I can go out and buy a new wardrobe , only here and theres.
But I still will keep on losing to get to my goal.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #3  

I get frustrated because so little of what I have fits...my waist is too thick for my size, or my butt is too small...whatever! and there will be garments I will miss, because I liked the fabric or cut...but the possiblity of new stuff is keeping me happy. I am hoping not to be able to wear anything I put away for the winter, even the sweaters I like.

There are a few things I am keeping for sentimental value. but everything else - off to Goodwill before I get a chance to need it again!
Knitting_a_Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #4  
Haley

If you REALLY love a piece of clothing, I'm sure you could get it altered to fit the slimmer you. I think I'm going to do that with a few skirts when I lose the weight.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #5  

I know how you feel totally...I am dealing with that issue myself... I bought 2 pairs of Old Navy jeans when I found out they had plus size...so now I have 2 pairs of sz26 jeans that I adore and now they have gone from not being able to zip them up to being so loose that a belt is needed and now look like I am being swallowed in them...I can get away with them for maybe 10 more lbs...I am sad about having to retire them...now I have to find a couple pairs of 22's get into now = )
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hmm... I can't think of any of my clothes that I'm really attatched to, which I guess is a good thing! Everything I really love (like.. my jeans) I've worn to threads so I'm just waiting for a few more pounds to drop so I can buy new (Smaller!) ones.
I get more frustrated over pieces that I'm about 15lbs too heavy to wear now, but I guess that just gives me something to look forward to.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #7  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

I just gave away some of my "fat girl " clothes and I know exactly what you mean. Some of the outfits that I gave away were show stoppers too LOL! Even for me to be a big girl I looked darn Good in my clothes and to give them away was hard but I am also happy because I will buy new clothes and be just as fierce! But my only issue is that I'm scared to go shopping because I am still losing weight and I don't want to spend alot of money on clothing that I plan on initially shrinking out of anyways So now I have some fairly loose fitting clothes that I am preparing to discard within the next 2 months or so and I will barely have a wardrobe but I am going to figure this thing out.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #8  

I was very, very sad when I lost too much weight to fit into my favorite pair of Avenue Stretch Bootcut jeans. The Avenue only goes down to a 14, so I couldn't even buy them in a smaller size. Those jeans were MADE for my body type. I have searched and searched for jeans that fit me properly now and just can't find any. I had saved some "skinny" clothes from previous weight loss experience, but now those don't fit either. I get by on ebay clothes and stuff I find on the clearance rack.
sherpamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #9  
Haley

Try Gap for jeans. I used to only wear Old Navy jeans but then they discontinued my favorite kind. So, now I have low rise bootcut jeans from Gap and love them. I know a lot of people don't like the low rise jeans, but I think they look the best on my butt
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm getting depressed that I can't fit into my favourite dress. Well, I can, but I fall out of it. It's the sort of dress that you don't wear a bra with, but when it fits properly it kind of holds you into place as the top of it is a bit bra like anyway. But with a more plunging neckline.

When you lose 40lb it doesn't seem to hold you in place quite so well... I'm adjusting the straps as much as I can to get some lift there, but I seem to be fighting a losing battle.

Still, I bought 2 new dresses today (in colours! not the ever so reliable and slimming black I usually wear) so hopefully I will grow to love them as much.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #11  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'm more worried about having to buy a whole new wardrboe again, this is really the big problem Between floating in my (now) too-large clothes and spending money on stuff I'll anyway have to buy in smaller sizes in 10 kgs from now... err, none's really an option. Bleh.

Most of my clothes anyway are cheap ones, having them altered would probably cost just as much as the item itself! There's however one thing I'll sure as **** have altered, a gorgeous long red & golden qi-pao (a gift from my boyfriend, actually), and *this* one I absolutely refuse to let go of, both because of the emotional attachment and the fact that it's, well, a beautiful piece of clothing. The rest goes to charity or something.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #12  

I had some gorgeous embroidered jeans, that can't be made smaller, and I really miss them!!! And my grey and pink work pants, I loved those too, and they could have been altered, but the had virtually died in the crotch, so out they went.

I haven't bought anything really fabulous yet, as I am still shrinking, so I am making do with clothes from charity shops, cheap shops and baggy plus sizes that still fit, but only just.

I know exactly what you mean about mourning your fat clothes!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:45 PM   #13  

If any of you are in the Michigan area (Grand Rapids), they have a place to donate clothes for working women. They especially need clothes in plus sizes. Women who have a job but are lacking proper attire rely on this place. Just a heads up incase any of you want to help out.
http://www.grwrc.org/donate-wwcc.php

(I'm not from around there, but I heard about this somewhere)
xalliciax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #14  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

What a terriffic idea! I wonder if there's anything like that in NW Indiana. Of course, none of my clothes are exactly "professional".
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #15  

I am scared. I just found out today I'm getting to go to my niece's wedding, about 2000 miles from here. I have the perfect, perfect dress to wear to my niece's wedding. Wedding is in a month. Right now the dress fits me really well. It's an expensive dress, too, one I got for my own quickie wedding, but I didn't wear it after all (dear friends bought me two outfits to wear for my wedding, which was going to be small and far away and I wore the other), and then I got too heavy for it.

I'm not going off my diet for a month to wear this dress...but here's crossing my fingers it doesn't look like a sack of potatos on me!

Knitting_a_Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote