South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Unhappy OK so I was bad today

Someone brought in cookies today and I was bad and had two White Chocolate Macadamia and one oatmeal raisin. And OK the only one that really tasted good was the oatmeal raisin. The other ones just tasted sweet but couldn't seem to stop myself from eating them.

No cravings yet but man I feel like crap. Going to go for a short walk (it's 93 here) while I am on lunch and have veggies and a little protein for lunch. Hopefully that will help me feel better and not have cravings.

It's hard to learn that things that use to taste really good just don't taste good anymore.

I didn't find rasisins on either P1 or P2 listings. So are they like beets and corn banned forever? Only reason asking is becasue the oat raisin cookies really weren't that bad. The first four ingredients were raisins, oatmeal, whole wheat flower and sugar.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #2  
Silicon Andy

I lost 40 lbs on Jenny Craig several years ago, and once when I was on a plateau and feeling discouraged and just wanted In-n-out burger SO badly my counselor told me just to go have In-n-Out for ONE meal. I did, it was ok, I got over the craving AND my plateau.

I think the occasional slip-up, if handled correctly, can help us be "good" the rest of the time.

Enjoy your walk!

Sarah
Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to say there is no being bad on this plan! We just make poor choices!
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  

Hi Shebasmom.... Its Okay to have a treat now and then, as long as it doesn't become a regular part of your way of eating. You did a good thing by thinking about it afterwards and moving forward with a healthy lunch and a walk...!

Hugs 4 U!!!

psst: I think that raisins are one of those rarely have items because they have a high GI index. But golly I don't think the amount you had was that significant... but see how your body responds to the sugar and raisins..if it triggers cravings consider it a lesson learned!
Old 06-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I'm here, eating my leftover 3 bean salad, wishing it were oatmeal cookies

I second and third all the advice here. Don't worry about it and move on, like you have
Old 06-21-2005, 04:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Andy
I lost 40 lbs on Jenny Craig several years ago, and once when I was on a plateau and feeling discouraged and just wanted In-n-out burger SO badly my counselor told me just to go have In-n-Out for ONE meal. I did, it was ok, I got over the craving AND my plateau.

I think the occasional slip-up, if handled correctly, can help us be "good" the rest of the time.

Enjoy your walk!

Sarah
ITA w/ this completely!!!!!

Don't worry, you'll be fineeee!!!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Raisins are very limited, which means you can have them once a month. I enjoy them! Make the cookies yourself, though, because you don't want the sugar. You can make awesome ones with splenda...the recipe in the Delectable Desserts with Splenda cookbook has a great recipe.

If you're in P1 right now, start over, but if you're in P2, you may find that you can just keep on and be okay. P2 is very flexible and it's easy to bounce back from poor choices. Just learn from the experience and remember that they didn't taste that good and weren't worth it for how they made you feel, emotionally and spiritually. Okay?
Closed Thread