Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Week of June 20-24

Hi Girls
This is a quickie b/c I'm a busy broad.
I just survived a meeting featuring Donuts UNSCATHED OOOOH YEAH
I did have coffee with half and half but no donutty badness.
I read Bob Greenes Guide to good eating
and I'm working on Overcoming my food temptations.
Come out and play
Love
Kier
Old 06-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

I thought I would pop in and say hi. I posted here a long, long time ago...bout 50 pounds ago, but since then I have had a baby and gained all that weight back.
I've been back on WW for a year or so, but have only managed to lose 8 pounds. I have a hard time keeping focused. I've done better today than I have in two weeks, so maybe it's a new beginning.
Hi to everyone who is "old", I'm glad to be back!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Ladies!

Good morning, ladies!! Sorry I was MIA all last week--I had my sinus surgery on the 10th and was recovering. I'm feeling MUCH better now. And, while I was sick, I managed to lose .4. Not much, but hey, a loss is a loss, right?

Belle--I can't believe it's almost Cleatus time! Has it really been 9 months? It sure doesn't feel like it to me. Maybe it does to you, since you're the one who's pregnant.

Stacey--Welcome back!!!

Kier--Way to go resisting the "donutty badness". I grinned when I read that.

My eating yesterday wasn't so great. My day started off well, with dry cereal in the morning and a 6" Turkey no cheese for lunch. It was dinner that did me in. It has hot here yesterday, so I decided to go to the store and get a bunch of stuff for a big salad. Well, by the time I got home from the store, I was famished and skipped prepping my veggies that were supposed to go in my salad. Instead, I just used the stuff that I didn't need to prepare, which was the lettuce, almonds, cheese, croutons, diced ham, raisins, real bacon bits, and dressing. And I used plenty of everything. I hate how hunger can make willpower crumble.

So, it's a new day today and it's starting off a little bit rocky--I forgot my breakfast at home. I'm not going to hit the vending machine, I'll just wait for lunch and hope that tomorrow morning goes a little bit more smoothly. And I might go to a WW meeting, even though the ones here in town aren't so great. I think that having a fresh start after WI is good for me, otherwise weeks of bad eating roll into one another.

Anyway, that's what's going on here. Come out and post today!!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Hi All,

work is good and it's almost the summer. I get to do a lot more cerebral stuff too which is what I really enjoy. Anyway I was eating too much last week, but am back on track now. I find it easy to eat well in the summer so I am taking advantage of it and am hoping to drop at least 5-10lbs by the end of summer. Cherries are in season and I love watermelon. I figure even if I am a point or two over with too much fruit it isn't so bad than being a lot of points over with chocolate, crackers and other binge worthy foods. I actually have no clue what I weigh right now... I weigh more than 158, but I have gained muscle and all from all this running. Admittedly I have been avoiding the scale, but I face it soon at my doc's office for my yearly physical, so after that I think I'll get back into the habit (the once a week or so habit and maybe a WW meeting). I am less concerned about my weight than I used to be, infact I just want to hover between 150-155 now... I know my body has gotten thicker bones and bigger mucles, so I just want to look leaner.

Kierie: Bob Greene seems to make a lot of sense when it comes to eating and WL. Maybe I should check out some more of his stuff.

Jess: I have been doing a cleansing of bad foods from my house, it's still not perfect (I need to keep my fig newtons for long runs, but they are a temptation for me). We have chocolate frozen yogourt (I don't like it) and vanilla (which I do, but have managed to stay away). I have been going back to basics. Pickles for snacks when I crave salt, brushing my teeth and ignoring the kitchen. I am also eating a snack before I leave work (yogourt and an apple) to try and stave off my hunger so I am not starving by the time I get home. Take heart, healthy eating isn't always easy. I am trying to journal again too. Have you thought about perhaps having some emergency food in your desk or something... Like a couple of nutrigrain bars or something or a packet of oatmeal?

Belle: Hope you're not affected by flooding!! Hope everything is going well!

Stacey: Welcome back and you have a little boy now! That's great! It's nice to hear from you and please feel free to post, we're hear to support each other. I've been yo-yoing 20lbs for the past few years, I am probably about 165 right now... It's tough losing weight/keeping focus and maintaining so you're not alone!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-21-2005, 12:07 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
It's a long Pain in the Arse day. Last night we had dinner with my gf and her mom who is a dietitian I had half a turkey leg OMG this woman can cook!
The DH GF and I went to another GF's place to see it for the first time and it was dessert heck we had sorbet cake soo good and there werre some other things but i didn't go too crazy
I look really cute today if I may say so I have on Black linen capris and a black top with a white and black ribbon crisscross at the neck
I've been eating veggies at breakfast (Spinach crustless Quiche) and it helps me stay more full longer and I'm doing well with the not eating till I burst.
Stacy WB!! I can't believe you're a mom I remember the countdown to your wedding!
Jess it could have been worse If I know I'm mega hungry I buy the precut stuff so no lazy gourmet excuse.
Ali: I really like what bob green ahd to say. . .His recipes are a bit too pricey to make but his philosophy is good
As for My "donutty BAdness" I'm trying to reprogram myself to look at food triggers differently
ie 1 donuts lead to 3 and is taht one really worth it?
sometimes it works and then the donuts/insert food here look gross/mediocre
but it's a step in the right direction.
Gotta run back to work *crackswhip*
Now we need to get Jayne back on the board!
Love
Kier
Old 06-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default It's Hump Day!

It's hump day, and between you ladies and me, I wouldn't mind doing some. Just kidding... Sort of.

Had a great day yesterday, stayed in my range. Unfortunately, I didn't get any activity in. It was SO hot here (supposed to be hotter today) and I don't like getting out in that weather. I was going to make myself do my Pilates matwork, but I didn't even do that.

Not much else happening here. I've been really missing Aaron. As you guys know, we broke up in November--I can't understand why I'm still struggling with it so much... If you guys have any insight or advice, I'd sure appreciate it.

OK, getting back to work. Come out and post so I have something to read later when I don't want to work.

See ya!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
In case you have been wondering where Belle is She had CLEATUS! Err Eva the baby was 6 pounds and GORGEOUS. I'm going to wait for her to post the link so she can be the one to show you her baby.
Jess alot of times when I had not alot going on in my love life i thought about/Missed my Exes you also were with him for a long time.
Its good to remember the good. . .But also remember why you broke up with him. Don't let lonliness suck you into a bad relationship cycle
Btw it was great chatting wiht you the other day
Old 06-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Good Morning everyone! I have a few minutes before I'm officially "running behind" for the day, so I thought I'd post. I did ok yesterday eating, but this morning I made chocolate chip muffins (from a mix). They were very tasty. So, instead of drinking a Diet Coke I'm drinking water. I'll try to keep it up with the water today. I've been very bad about maintaining my water.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! thanks for all the well-wishes. It's great to have a place where people know what you are going through!
Belle: If your joy has arrived...bless you through this life-altering occaison! I wouldn't trade motherhood for the world!
Ali: I love fruit! DS is a strawberries, grapes and watermelon-aholic!
KO: Don't you just love the cute days? I felt that way in an outfit, but too bad it's dirty. That would be just the boost for the midweek!
Jess: What's new in your life? Many people have gotten married/had babies since I posted last! Re: salad...stay away from the Oriental Chicken salad from Applebees. It is soooooo good and after I ate it, I looked up the points...too darn many! and I thought I was being good!

Ok, so much for a short post! I must get myself and DS ready to go to schooL! Have a great day!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Jess: I wish I hadn't been so inconsiderate regarding babies, married, etc. I'm sorry.
Breaking up takes grieving just like losing a loved one. It will take time. In the meantime, take time for YOURSELF! You deserve to be pampered and loved, too! Hang in there!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey all, Sorry I've been MIA this month. No good excuse really. I have been eating poorly and not exercising at all. Probably why I haven't been here. Its so hard. You go from all gung ho to stuck in the mud. Argh. I had my yearly yesterady & of course got the lecture from the doc. She is of course super super skinny. Anyway I have to go for a bunch of blood work to see where everything is at this year. I guess the good part about getting the lecture is that it motivates a person to get off their butt.

Belle!!! Congrats! I love the name Eva! What day did this happen? So exciting!

Kier Did you hear directly from Belle? How is she feeling? Did things go smoothly? I am headed to Calgary for the week on Friday. Belle & I were hoping to get together but somehow I doubt she'll feel like it now. BTW So sorry I missed your b-day!

Stacey, glad to see you're back!

Ali, glad to hear your reunion was fun. Is your house back to normal after the spring flooding?

Jess, Hope you're feeling better. Sometimes the boy world sucks. Sorry I have no better insights than that. Are you still on nights? Its bloody hot here too. Major major thunderstorms/tornado warnings all night last night and sound sliek the same tonight. I didn't get much sleep last night. Hopefully it won't be as bad tonight.

B/c of all the flooding in AB our river has risen dramatically. Fortunately here nobody lives on the river banks. The houses are all up on the bluffs so there in no danger that way. Anyway we have a cement weir to help control water levels and normally the water is high on one of the weir and so low onthe other side that there are sandbars sticking out, which is good for our pelicans. Anyway there is so much water that there is no drop from one side to the other. The water is flowing straight across. You can't even see the weir! Its crazy. Its not too far from my work so of course we had to drive by on our way home last night. What a zoo down there! You'd think some festical was going on for the number of people and vehicles down there. Plus all of the street food vendors were down there (making a killing). There is a train bridge close to the weir and last night it was lined with people all the way across. It looked like some of our other bridges do when there are races on the river. Its a natural pheonom. The water hasn't even been close to this high since 1953 but they said its surpassed that height now. I want to try to get a picture of it so tonight after work we're going to pack a picnic supper and eat down there. It should be fun if we can find some parking. Very cool.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey
Trying to pick up the pace at work I'm behind!
Stacy I stinnk at water
Rina She emailed me, drop her a note she might want to show off the new baby The river definitely sounds cool to look at!
ok back to work if I want to have a lunch today eventually
Kierie
Old 06-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Wow, we've been chatty, so now we have to hope that Laura, JenL, Jen K, KT, Tonya, Kim, Lisa, Trish, Kirsty and some other of our past posters come and say 'hi'.

Anyway, things are good, the sun is shining. Did I tell you guys we've settled on a date? We'll be walking down the aisle on May 19, 2007. Seems a long way away, but as you know, time flashes by. We've been engaged for three months now and it only feels like yesterday. I am hoping to have a place reserved by the end of the summer.

I saw some pics of baby Eve, I am so happy for Belle.

Which brings me to another thought. I have been posting here for 5 years and I have grown up so much; graduated University, got another diploma, had many ups and downs with guys, moved cities, got to goal (still working on getting back there but I am not that far )found a wonderful guy, got engaged, bought a house, got a good job... geez, I have been busy... I think we've all gone through a lot eh!

Rina: nope, we're still waiting for the flooring to be done. They guy ordered it yesterday so he's hoping that he'll be able to do it next week. Then we need our moulding to be put back on. I am hoping it's done by my vacation which is in three weeks. My doc hassled me for 6lbs (not meanly, just kindly suggested). Yes my reunion, as Hugh Grant said in Notting Hill "Surreal, but nice".

Stacy: I am also throwing some blueberries into my cereal in the morning... yum!! Don't ya hate it when something seems healthy, but learn it isn't the best(though I am sure it's still better than a blooming onion).

Jess: ITA with Kierie... You had your reasons for leaving him. Maybe do something to perk yourself up? A girl's night out maybe?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY actually I think you're doing it the right way we had 7 months to plan ours ( long story) and it was manic
Rina as for the doc Sometimes I wish there was a compassion switch Last year I had a Physiatrist say Can you lose 80 pounds? hmm I don't know Will you give me help and supervision?
OOh Ediets has a WATP book and DVD for $14 I'm thinking of trying her out
I think I'm goign to email Jayne if her email is still the same if its still in my AOHELL
Stacy we'd love to see pics of your little guy
Jess If you want to have a male encounter (no NOT THAT KIND) maybe you and some GF's can do speed dating LAdy you bubble you would totally work it
but Girls night is defiinitely in need!
I'm reading this book Summer in the City and she's single and goes to a dinner with Smug Marrieds (bridget Jonesish) and In my living room last like I'm like OMG those beeeps how could they talk to her that way. Its mental candy I needed some!
you are soooooooo better off without the aaron baggage
ok enough high horse I'm supposed to be workin here
Old 06-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #14  

Hey all-just checking in!
Kier-Belle had her baby? How awesome for her! Tell her congrats from us, ok?

Ali-I missed that you were engaged!!!!! Congratulations belatedly!!!!

Stacey-I remember you, do you remember me? Good to see you!

Jess-I understand how you are feeling-before DH, I was with someone for eight years. He was my first love, and breaking up was really hard. To be honest, I still miss some things about him, but it does get better-for me the turning point was at about 11 months post breakup. Just focus on yourself and doing things for yourself-pamper a little and be selfis, and you will heal...

Hi Rina-glad to see you back.

As for myself, I gained 2 lbs this week, so my goal is more exercise since I am feeling better. I will try to get out running this weekend at least!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Pics of my darling devil/angel? Twist my arm! Dh is trying to get him to sleep as we speak...I'll see if I can find a small enough pic that I won't mess up the boards.
Belle: Congrats on your blessed bundle. It's ok to cry. I cried the first 6 weeks of Ryan's life. Hormones are wacky!!
Lori: Of course I remember you! PG with #2? How old is your first child? boy or girl?
We're all getting so grown up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ducks.jpg (23.6 KB, 10 views)
Closed Thread