South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Starting Tomorrow- Any Advice?

I think I am going to start SB tomorrow, I have tried before in the past and failed I think due to lack of planning. Plus, I don't think I was eating enough. Does anyone have any advice for me? Like how to get through the first day without a complete binge?

TIA!

Jacquerlyn
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Patzgirl!

If you know that lack of planning was your problem before, why not set a date for later this week or early next week and do some serious planning? Get menus together for all of Phase 1 and go shopping. Rid the house of anything not on plan. Make some 3 bean salad, coleslaw, broccoli, cheese and bacon salad etc. and have it ready in the fridge in case you get hungry. Make a plan for what to do if you feel like bingeing. This can involve posting here, journaling (there are great journals here at 3FC), going for a walk, drinking a glass of water, etc.

Make sure you've read the book and check out the stickies in the FAQ. There is a lot of great information there. The Emergency Handbook for Phase 1 that AdiaFaith compiled is great, too.

As to eating enough, you can use www.fitday.com to track your calories. Make sure you are getting at least 1200. Also, make sure you are eating three main meals and three snacks a day.

Glad to have you here!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I totally agree with Laurie....planning ahead is BIG on this way of eating, I cook extra and freeze meals so that there is never a time that there isnt something I can grab to keep me from going off the deep end...I am on day 10 and the sf jello and turkey pepperoni have really satisfied me snack wise, I wish you all the luck in the world on doing this....your worth it...dont forget that
Old 06-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #4  

Laurie & Christie-

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I want to lose about 15-20 pds and I know SB works, I just have to work IT. I know that coming here will help as well.

Jacquerlyn
Old 06-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #5  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Yes, planning is a HUGE part of success. This is my 2nd week of phase 1 but I have done South Beach before so I know that it works for me.........but I have to plan.
Also ~ the recipe section is a huge help in planning meals or change up meal ideas.
Check in here to this board........the ladies are very supportive, inspirational and full of info..........great board!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good luck Jacq!! You can do this. Remember to step away from things that set off eating binges.

Exercise (even if it's a walk) and drink LOTS of water. It really does help!

And I <3 Turkey Pepperoni!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Welcome Patzgirl. For me it is really two things Planning and Water. I find that when I start thinking about chocolate what I really need is a drink. Go figure. Good luck!!!
Closed Thread