Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 03:04 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default Week of 22nd July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning ladies..

it's officially 8am here and I was tempted to post at 12:01am just to be first this week I was half expecting to meet RR here.

Had a horrendous nights sleep, so therefore am going right back to bed. Will type something more socialable later.

Hope everyone has a fantastic start to the week

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 07-22-2001 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2001, 11:48 AM   #2  
A princess in the making!

Wink Good mornin From HOT HOT WI!!

Well another HOT HOT day
here. At 9am it was 85 with a heat index of
93!

Last week was not the best for
me. So I put on a happy face and gave it my
all this am. Had toast and fruit for
breakfast. In fact I did not finish my
fruit...so I have the leftover grapes and
blueberries in the freezer. On a day like
today it will make a great snack.

Boiled some eggs for breakfast this week and will get some skim milk for my smoothies before work tomorrow. Once this weather breaks I am going to start walking at night. Now that I get home almost an hour earlier and my sitter feeds B all 3 meals. She is so good to me.

Not much else is new just refocusing about what is important to me...and why I choose to lose the weight I did. I am NOT going backwards in anything in life.

Tomorrow I quit smoking once an for all.
Old 07-22-2001, 12:10 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hmmmmmmm.. BFB did it this week!!!! I worked 10 hrs of OT and then 12 hours more at the second job soo I used this morning to crash and burn!!!!!I weighed yesterday at work..not sure if the scales were right(hope not) and I weighed 18lbs more since I got married..IT is really strange cuz my clothes still fit..I was too scared and depressed to re weigh on another scale...I even removed the scissors,stethoscope, ink pens and even the alcohol swabs to lighten the load but it didnt help...Needless to say--I was truly bummed out yesterday and this morning..I must get a grip!!!!!!
We go on vacation Thursday until next Wed...can't wait..Flying up to the upper Michigan for a family reunion(and me to meet everyone),I cant wait for cool weather...and to see where DH finished college(and TechA )

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!
Pryia-0.8LBS!!!
Jul-3.5lbs!!!!(bummer about the wallet!!)

Everyone have a great SUnday..I will be off running the roads(maybe 6 miles today)
RR
Old 07-22-2001, 12:46 PM   #4  

Talking Good Luck RR

RR- Not to burst your bubble. But if this weather keeps up. It won't be any cooler here. I am about 5 hours from Detroit and it is hot as He---double toothpicks here.

Wed. and Thurs it is suppose to be in the 70's and then back up to the 80's.

Believe me I am ready for this to break...before my airconditioner does.

P

Old 07-23-2001, 12:16 AM   #5  

Pryia: I'd give about anything for your temps. Heat Index of 93 sounds like a 'cool front'. We've been having heat indexes of 105 plus!! And Missouri is so humid. When we're working the glass in the studio....the temp. reading pegs out at 120! So we're spending as little time as possible working 'hot' right now.

We don't have anyone from Kentucky do we?? We'll be in Lexington in Mid-Aug. Until then I get to stay home!!

- jul (who couldn't believe it but was down another 1/2 lb this morning).
Old 07-23-2001, 10:40 AM   #6  
Is it Friday yet?

Default I'm baaaaack!!!

Ok, valuable lesson learned... not coming here, not weighing myself, not counting my points, not journaling.... all of this does in NO way help me lose weight. I've blown it big time, but at least I can still say I kept 4.5 pounds of the 23 off. Big ol' whoop de do.

Consider myself spanked for my absence and lack of caring about my body.

The house has been all consuming. I have to go get the last of my permits today. More than $1600. worth - I stress so easily about money - this is a big part of the problem of the last few months. But I'm excited too - I should be moving in September.

I get to pick up the kitty I told you all about in May next week. She's old enough to leave Momma now!

Sooooo, what's up with all of you?????

Missed you bunches,
Terri
Old 07-23-2001, 10:46 AM   #7  
Donna

Happy Monday Everyone,

Well, I was stupid yesterday, we went to the boat parade on the Detroit River and I forgot the sun screen . Now I am lobster colored because it was reeeeealy hot and sunny. In addition we only brought one bottle of water because I figured they'd be selling stuff there and I didn't want to carry it in. Well they weren't selling and we got seriously dehydrated. The boats were cool though .

Played softball last night (I guess I didn't think I'd sweated enough), it was the last game and a lot of fun. We played pretty well and the other team was about our level so it wasn't a mercy game on either side.

Been hovering above my point range for the last week but only by a few points and some days at the top, but I did get in a little activity, so hopefully I won't be to high tomorrow at WI.

RR - I checked the weather forcast for Houghton, it is warm and sticky for them, but it's still only in the low 80's, and the humidity is supposed to break Today or Tomorrow. Enjoy your trip. K's parent's just came back on Saturday from a week up there, we're hoping to go back next summer (K graduated from there to). It is beautiful up there.

LBH - hang in there, things will slow down some once you get everything under control. Hope the weekend was fun , did you get in any more riding?

BFB - Hope this week's going better for you. I didn't sleep well last night, wish I could just go back to bed! But unfortunately those bills don't pay themselves .

Rabbit - Good luck at your sister's, hope she's doing better and you get to come back soon .

Juldiet - I think the temps are all what you're used to, I remember going to Maine a few years back and they were complaining how hot it was, it was in the low 80's and no humidity!!! at home it was in the 90's and 100's and humid, we thought it was beautiful. Congrats on the loss, 3.5 lbs .

Pyria - I'm just glad I have an airconditioner. Went out to my folks on Sat. they live on a lake and usually don't mind not having air, but man was it wicked out there.

Have a great week everyone .

- Tech
Old 07-23-2001, 06:00 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! I started a l-o-n-g post last night and did something to loose it. I didn't have time to try again then, soooo, here it goes again. I got lots of fresh fruits and veggies ($78 worth!!) and did fair with those and water last week. Now, this week...............not so good. Better than if I had no good stuff in the house though. School has been keeping me pretty busy lately. I've actually been doing my homework and the reading (teacher then proceeds to read us the same stuff in class!! UGH) so I've not really wanted to play on the 'puter much when I get home. I've got to get back in here though and get my inspiration to do better!! I've managed to regain all I lost and I'm very disappointed in myself. I seem to have no willpower! I had such good willpower last time and now I can't find it again. Oh well, enough moaning!!!

YEAH to all the loosers. You guys are awesome.

Lauren: I love the bike thing!! DH and I went biking yesterday and now my bootie is SO SORE!!! The hills absolutely wipe me out. I could do much better without them!! I will have to see if I can find one of those!!

Have a nice evening all!!

KarenK
Old 07-24-2001, 10:00 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I have been extremely busy this week! We had a few training sessions, plus corporate/clinical orientation all week! Today I'm trying to do a little catch up...need to make a bunch of files and start digging into my 4" thick "Follow up" pile!! (Thank God for sticky notes!!)

I am trying to get back on track this week, I was completely out of control last week. I do not have time to post my food this week, but I am trying to write it down here. Yesterday was OK, have to add things up yet. Today I am trying to remember to think before I put something in my mouth!

Sorry I don't have time to respond right now, I hope I will be able to catch up later! Have a great week everyone!!
Old 07-24-2001, 05:59 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

HEllo all!!!
It is really hot here..bummer..I really wanted to have some cool weather....Refman did promise me some places to walk and jog.
I can't wait to leave Thursday morning...

Tech--hope the sunburn is better!!!!Refman says it is beautiful up there.

Lauren-Hope the pile is below 2inches!!!!

Karen-I am with U on the willpower thing!!!!I have been pretty good these past 2 days but Refman has junk food for days here soo it is very accessible. I bought me some rice cakes for when I get home soo today was a better day. I crave anything when I get home from excercise...

Punkin-welcome back!!!!

Jul--Hurray for the weightloss!!!!

Take care everyone!!!
Vicki
Old 07-24-2001, 07:59 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies;
Well still hot here, the cold front is coming. Not fast enough mind you.

went to weigh in and gained the .8 I lost last week. I don't seem to get past 209 but I am determined to lose 10lbs in the next month (5 weeks). I can and will do this. So what should I reward myself with?

LBH-Sorry your so busy. I know that sucks. But I had to entertain myself for 2 hours cause I don't have enough to do.

RR- Enjoy your vacation. If you get through WI enjoy "Our Dairy Air"

Well off to read some threads. Have a great night.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:51 AM   #12  
Donna

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Pretty quiet around here this week. Although I haven't been posting much either so.....

Well the weather finally broke here yesterday, so it's not so muggy and hot, we actually took the dogs for a walk last night. We really need to get back to doing that more regularly, for both ours and the dog's sake.

I went to WW on Tues. and lost a pound. I'm not back to where I was a couple months ago but at least it was a move in the right direction .

I was supposed to have the first fitting on my wedding dress last night, but the seamstress called in the afternoon and pushed it back to 8/7. I'm beginning to question my sanity in hiring someone who procrastinates as badly as I do .

RR - You probably won't read this until you get back, but hope you have a great trip up to the UP. I'm sure you will .

Pyria - Sorry about the gain . I'm sure you'll punch through the plateau soon, but they can be so frustrating.

LBH - Breath! Breath! Hang in there things will start to flow well eventually .

KarenK - I know what you mean about the motivation, I can't seem to find mine either, it's sooooo hard when you're busy and stressed.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
Old 07-26-2001, 11:15 AM   #13  

Hello all.

I am back home again. Yeah! Hope to stay put . . .

Pryia - how is the quitting smoking going? You can do this.

RR - if you read this, have a great vacation with the family.

Jul - congrats on the loss!

Punkin - good luck getting yourself back on track. I am constantly doing that.

Tech - softball sounds fun. Haven't done that in awhile. Congrats on your loss.

Karen - I just got some biking shorts with pads - can't wait to try them out!

I've got much to do. MOre later.

Rabbit
Old 07-27-2001, 12:17 PM   #14  

HELLO!

I am talking to myself. But that is okay, I find myself quite interesting.

Today is a new day. Join me one and all as I refocus on my goals for my self. I am looking at how far I've come and gaining the strength to finish the journey and get to my ultimate goal. I can do this. I can control myself. That is really what it is all about, isn't it? Just controlling myself, no matter what obstacles come into my path (and we all know there will ALWAYS be obstacles). I still must win out, jump over the hurdles, and keep moving in the right direction. The challenges we face will make us stronger for the next one that pops up.

I will count my points. I will work the plan.

I laugh in the face of cookies!

Have a great one all!

RABBIT
230/170/WW158/145
Old 07-27-2001, 01:40 PM   #15  
Donna

Thumbs down TGIF!!!

Just wanted to pop in real quick and wish everyone a Great Weekend.

The weather here is supposed to be georgous it will make it so hard to stay in and address envelopes. But they've got to be done, NO PROCRASTINATING. Sorry, that last was just for me .

My sister, K and I are going to see Mark Chesney (sp?) and Tim McGraw tonight, I am so happy the weather is nice today , it should be a lot of fun. Then the addressing of the invitations starts!!! I'm not looking forward to that, but the sooner I start the sooner it's over, maybe we can haul the printer outside .

Rabbit - Good luck staying OP. I keep trying then slipping. I'm just aiming not to gain before Sept. Softball would be a lot more fun if I was in better shape

Well it's much too nice to be indoors today, and the boss is away, so I'm going to skip out early and enjoy the sunshine.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

-Tech
Closed Thread