South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Monday on the Beach

I'm thinking that someone else is starting up the daily THIS VERY MINUTE!
We'll see...

Going to get coffee... back in a mo...
What's everyone up to today?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #2  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning!!

Hot in Canada this morning?

Old 06-20-2005, 08:02 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Well I was about to if there was not one after I posted to the new chick. I thought my eyes were failing me this morning! lol I have my specs on no contacts today cause my eyes are burnin like fire! Allergies I do believe cause they are a lil puffy as well. DH woke me early (AGAIN) to ask if I wanted him to leave the coffee on and I said yes well he shouldn't have bothered there was not even enough for one stinkin cup! OMG! He makes me crazy(ier)!

Ellis...I'm off to climb the mountain of invoices on my desk this morning.

fl Mom...Stay in the shade!

Here it is currently 69* with a high of 88* today. Not toooo bad! Looking to get back up to the 90's later this week. Well I better get goin. I hope you all have a great day chickies (roosters)! Stay cool and drink lots of fluids!
Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gorgeous day out there!

A robin has built a nest in the barn. I looked in it yesterday and saw three lovely blue eggs in a nest lined with black fluff! The Girls do have some purpose in life!

Today will be very busy so I won't be in much. A difficult week lies ahead but I am going to stay OP and stop and smell the roses - and the honeysuckle - and the mock orange - and the late peonies!

Have a super Monday.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Angela, it is currently 16C (60F) going up to 29C (84F). I wish you American gals would switch over to metric like the rest of the world.
Are you hot way down there?

Bamie, you reminded me (I don't know why) of one night about a year ago. DH and I were asleep, and I was dreaming that I was being attacked by a cougar. I clenched my fist and swung hard, and hit DH right in the head. Fortunately he woke up very quickly and yelled, because I was just rounding up for another punch.
I guess what I was thinking, was, if I were you, I'd put a club under my pillow. Next time your DH wakes you up early... BAM!!

Ruth, a Dog nest! How lovely!
I'll be thinking about you this week, sweetie. I hope things go smoothly... love and hugs and prayers going out to you...

mamaeli, continuing prayers for your MIL. Please keep us posted, hon.

I've got to get on the treadmill. And do some work around the house before the heat sets in.
Back later...
Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  

Ruth Thinking of you this week and sending positive vibes your way. I certainly don't know what you are feeling or going through, but I will have you in my thoughts.

Ellis Nice dream..... I have been on the receiving end of a few "dream punches" from my DH.

Bamie Your temps sound divine- I am not sure what it is supposed to get up to here in Dallas. I don't even check when it gets to this point in the summer- we just know it is going to be miserably hot!

Me- Sticking close to home today- yesterday was a lot of running around. Fun, but tiring! DD is going to preschool today, so I will stay home with the little one and catch up on luandry and stuff. I actually put together some simple menus and grocery shopped yesterday, so that is done!

Have a super Monday all! :flow:
Old 06-20-2005, 09:03 AM   #7  

good morning chicks..its so nice out there today...too bad I have to go into work later..but at least i have the am right???
HOPE you are have a great day!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks!

Glad to be back on the beach today. Yesterday I ate only an apple and some chicken soup due to the detox program. Gosh that was yucky!

Hope all you chicks have a good day!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Chicks!

I absolutely have to crack down and get my work done this week...I'll be popping in on breaks, but trying not to type too much. I'll miss you guys, but I'll be back on track in about two weeks.

Ellis, this weather is crazy! It was 48 this morning and is working up to 80! Eeek! This is like living in CA, right kissyjoy? How's the treadmill running going, you stud girl? about your punching DH in your sleep! My mom tends to do that to my dad...he has sported a couple of bruises in his time by startling my mom when she was sleeping or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

FLMom...I assume it's ALWAYS hot there!

Bamie, your DH needs to learn some courtesy. I agree with Ellis...get a club and put it under your pillow!!! Why are you dealing with invoices, hon? Is that at your new job?

Ruth, hon, my prayers will be with you all week. Wish I could be there to hang out with you on the deck and have a gin and diet tonic or two. I brush our bunnies outside because their fur just flies and my friends always say that the birds will use the fur for their nests. Nice to think that they really do!

Kiko, it's so nice to have you in the daily again! How's your littlest one doing? Must be fun to have the day alone together!

Angel, yay for having the a.m....I would love to say the same!

Me:
Spent the weekend doing a ton of gardening, but there is still more to do. We're going on a couple of day trips the next few weekends, so we won't be able to do much here...we'll need to get it done soon. May get started after Jazzercise tonight...but that might be asking too much of myself.

Up four pounds this morning from yesterday. I know, it should bother me more. I figure it might be one of many things, but I'm going to take a laxative if things aren't 'moving' by tonight, and just stay OP, wait, and see. I do think it'll go back down. TOM is due soon, and I'm already getting pimples (:P ), so I figure it could be that, too. I guess I'm not as stressed because I've obviously lost more belly fat! I'm so excited!!! I used to be able to fit my entire fingers behind my fat roll...now when I slip a finger under it, the fat just barely goes past the first joint in my finger! I was wearing bike shorts and a t-shirt when working out this morning, and the t-shirt just covered my belly. The area below it looks so flat!!! The last few days, when I wore pants that fit, I could feel my hipbones hitting the material as I walked. WOW!

It's definitely exciting!!! Spent the morning lifting in the gym...it makes me feel like such a strong grrrrrrl!

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:42 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Anchor! We posted at the same time. What detox program? That doesn't sound healthy...
Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 AM   #11  

Just a quick note. Yesterday went well. I'm up a pound but then I didn't think the 2 pound loss would stick. It's hot, humid and goin to storm.

Lydia
Old 06-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Gals,
I feel like it's been forever since I've been in here!! I haven't felt well at all since the middle of last week. It started with a sore throat and moved it's way into my chest. I feel much better this morning tho'...and I'm about ready to get back to the gym...I haven't been since Wednesday! I didn't think I'd be able to breathe! I was totally OFF plan yesterday...but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it...a couple from church invited us over for lunch with a ton of people from their family...my twins are really good friends with their kids so we went and they swam all day and I watched them! I ate home made Ice cream...made with peach soda and pineapples...a hamburger, I did get a tiny bit of mac & cheese and a little spoon of hash brown cassarole...but only a little spoonful after we got home, I ate some microwave popcorn while we watched a movie...I gave more than half of it to my DH...Hopefully I haven't sabotaged my weightloss too much.
I have to go to work this evening..and I know I burn a lot of calories at work, cuz I have to go on rounds at the top of every hour, and a lot of the time (unless there is too much to carry) I take the stairs. There are 6 floors in the hospital I work in. and I try to walk briskly.
Well, I sure hope everyone gets their week started out on the right foot...
Have a Great Day!!
Love Y'all
Old 06-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Morning ladies....
I'm still trying to read posts & catch up. It was a very busy weekend for me. I spent Weds. night looking for something for my mother to wear (while my sister got drunk!)
Thursday I went to the florist to pick out flowers. I picked out one thing, my sister wanted something else completely different. I gave in, because it wasn't worth fighting about. The florist gave me 40% off ,because he could tell my sister wasn't making this easy for me, so then I ordered double the flowers. Then I met my dad at the funeral home to finalize things, my sister sat there with sunglasses on and when it came time to pick out a casket, she left - she just couldn't do it!
After that, my dad & I took Kloe to the park to feed the ducks. She was silly - she kept eating the bread & saying "meow" because to her - everything meows!
Friday night was the showing, when I arrived the funeral director wanted to get the names of the bearers (because my sister let me do that too!) and come up with a line up for the funeral. He asked my sister & me 3 times to come to the office & do this & my sister kept telling him "in a second." After the third time, I just told him I would come back because she was being a pain in the ***. Well she heard me & announced to everyone sitting in the room "Did you hear that?! She called me a pain in the ***!"
My sister was something else.....after the funeral, she came into my parents' house (my boyfriend & I were there, my dad didn't want company so he went out to my brother's to play with Kloe) and she started taking mom's things - her wedding set, her silver, some more jewelry, some of her clothes, everything she had given her for Christmas. I tried talking her out of it, telling that she didn't have to do this at this time. She told me that I was glad that mom was dead & that Dad & I were having a good time at mom's expense. Thank goodness Mike (my dbf) was there, because I probably would of flatten my sister.
OK enough venting.....I've spoken to some of my friends, and I guess it's pretty common for family to fight during times like this. I thought I would share & vent of course!
Well I'm off to read some posts & send out thank you cards....ladies enjoy your day!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey Ruth -- a bee built a nest in my window between the glass and screen. It's no bird but still HB found it last night as we were cleaning out the windows (so we could open them, I am a bug phobe!). Needless to say, we didn't open that one.

Laurie -- I too am up (by a pound plus). Things are moving so I have no real excuse.

It's so easy for me to stay OP during the week. This weekend I had one too many Atkins chocolate bars (I KNOW, I KNOW but it was POST PMS ). So yesterday was totally Phase 1 OP and so will today be. Already drinking my water!

Off to meetings but wanted to stop in and say hello. To the rest of you gals, HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #15  

Happy Monday Morn!

Bamie: ooh COFFEESLUDGE... Grounds for a good slap upside the head!

Ruth: We're here to support you... and do stop to smell the roses-it's good for the soul....

Ellis: I gave DH a shiner years ago.... hehe... I don't know what I was dreamin but told him he musta deserved it...

Kiko: enjoy your alone time with lil Megan

Angelshine: I would love to work 10 to 6..i love my early morning solitude without the rush rush of the 7 or 8 am starters...

Beachgal: OMG!!! I thought I was the only one who did the finger measurement for Roll factor.Tooo Funnie! And good 4 U ---U GOGOGOGOGo

Me: Yesterday was too cool for the pool..so I bopped by a neighbor who was having a candle party... Well she knows EVERYBODY diets so she made guilt free treats... I didnt even think to ask about sugar..so I had a NO Pudge Brownie...Turns out that the main ingredient is Cane sugar....hmmm, so instead of freakin I thought to myself "well this ought to be interesting..I havent knowingly had pure sugar in over 3 weeks, let's see how I feel, and what if any effect on the Porkometer... Well, must say, no sugar spike or crash... and no effect on that scale... Good to know, but will not be indulging --- it was very tasty though....Today I'll take my looong walk, and if warm enough grap a book and head to that Pool..!

(PS> I've reviewed and written this post whilst on hold or responding to those INANE Teleprompts...GRRR. I cant believe how much this process irks me!)
Closed Thread