South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Question Nutrition Facts

Does anyone know of a nutrition facts web site?

Some place where I can go and put in the ingredients that I am putting into something and it will tell me what the nutrition facts are for the finished product.

I have been doing it all by hand by looking up everything and then adding everything together and figuring it out. It is starting to make me a little crazy. Hoping there is a web site out there somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #2  

Hi ShebaMom, there are a few out there. I use www.fitday.com...
It has a place to log your food, activities and journaling - and you can run reports too...
Hope this helps!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Yup. Fitday is the best, ShebaMom.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:48 PM   #4  
Started SBD 1/26/04

OK so I have been using FitDay but I haven't found anything in it where I can go in and combine several ingredients into one food title.

For example I made BBQ Chicken and I wanted to go in and combine all of the ingredients in it into one heading called BBQ Chicken. If there is a way to do that on FitDay I haven't figured it out yet. I went in and printed the nutrition info on each item then added it all together and then created a BBQ Chicken new custom food (this takes a lot of time ). Was looking for a shorter way to get there but maybe there isn't one.

Oh by the way the SB BBQ sauce is really good. We had left over baked chicken and I just copped it up fairly small and then added it and the BBQ sauce into a crockpot and let it cook all day and boy was it good.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #5  

I have a program called dietpower (www.dietpower.com) that allows you to input recipes. I love the program and it tracks my weight goals, food and nutrient totals for the day along with water. There is a 15 day trial so you might want to check it out.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:50 AM   #6  

Hi Shebasmom, I put all the individual food stuffs that go into a receipe in as if I ate each separately. Then I let Fitday tally up the totals. After that I take what fitday computed, and use it to create a custom food.
Then I delete all the individual items, call down the custom food and enter the dish.
(for example, Tex lady was kind enough to run all the ingredients for Taco bake through fit day to give us all the total per serving. I made it, and entered her totals in under custom food "taco bake"). I hope this helps you
Closed Thread