Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for June--Continues

We are very talkative and I love it! Here's a new thread for us.

Susan had quite an adventure with that baby skunk. I'm glad the mama took it back. Isn't it that some animals won't take the young back if they smell humans? Seems I've read that.

It's a beautiful day. I started it by exercising - trying to exercise off some of last night's supper. We went to Chili's where I had a country fried steak (Chicken Fried Steak) and mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. It was delicious. I had done without all day to use my points last night. Larry really enjoyed himself. David gave him two CD's he'd been wanting a whole lot. I surprised everyone by getting him a portable DVD player and the movie, Hitch, with Will Smith.
It's hot here!!! The heat index is 98!
How is everyone doing?????
Tina
Old 06-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #2  
Susan

Yea, I realized there was a new thread!!!

It was a big skunk adventure. We wore latex gloves to hold it so it wouldn't smell like us. It was so cute!!!!

It was a hot one here today. I still don't feel great so I choose to stay home tonight. Pat's band is playing and it's pretty far away. He even said "I think tonight you need to stay home" that or his girlfriend is coming I sure hope she can cook and clean..... ya'll know I'm joking.

Thanks for starting us off Tina. It sounds like ya'll had a great night. I'm glad Larry was thrilled with all of his stuff. Pat asked me today what I wanted for my birthday. I can't think of one thing I want here on Earth!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Why don't we all help Pat with Susan's gift. Hmmmm....
What does Susan want???????
I hope all the new people will find the new thread.
I've eaten too much today. Boy am I stuffed.
The other day, I bought a dress that was a little tight. I've got to work extra hard now to get down to that size.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #4  

Wow the skunk adventure sounds exciting. I am glad the Momma came to fetch him.
Its a good idea not to touch any wildlife. Bunnies will abandon their babes. I know this from bitter experience(I was 4).
What does Susan want???
Its the end of another working weekend.
Hope everyone is having a good fathers day.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Tammy.....welcome home. We want to know all about your trip!
Tina
Old 06-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #6  

Well Susan wants Pat to send her and her "Wonderful" sister on a cruise.

Well I am glad that I don't have to claim Stinky as a nephew.
This has been a week for us and our pets. My 115 lb. black lab had ear surgery on Wednesday. He is doing much better but he has to wear a collar for 2 weeks and with him being so big and then adding to it his 30 in. collar, it is like living with Marmaduke.

My Spurs just wone so I am supper jazzed.

One more game to go here at home.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday
Hopefully everyone survived the weekend. I hope we all honored fathers everywhere. The three of us bought barbecue and extras and ate at home. Last night we went out with friends. I think Larry had a good day.

Amy, I've never heard of a dog's cone collar weighing that much. Poor doggy.
Susan, no one has helped me figure out a birthday gift for you.

Let's all drink our water.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #8  

Amanda, congratulations on the job!! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Susan, baby skunks? Oh my!! Maybe Pat could get you a cage and you could have skunks for pets. You might need some Glade air freshener if you do that though.

Amy, poor puppy!! How long will the collar have to be worn?

Gettysburg was wonderful. That was our 3rd trip there, and I still saw things that I hadn't seen before. I tried not to overdo it. I took naps each day. I did some of the battlefield stuff, but I was smart and took lots of breaks. I also did the outlet mall. Very nice. I didn't make it through all of the stores because I'd go take breaks at the food court. Drank too much Diet Coke. lol It was nice though to just sit for a while and let the back pain subside. I had a book with me, so that helped pass the time. Tim and I went on a Ghosts of Gettyburg tour. Heard lots of interesting stories, but we didn't see any ghosts. Darn.

We got home yesterday. Everything is unpacked, laundry is all done, and the yard is mowed. Very productive time on Sunday. Today Bob had to go back to work at 6:30. Tim works at 4. I'm just hanging out. I was up at 6:30, read the paper, played with the dog, I've been on the computer for a while, and now I feel like taking a nap. I know that I need to go to the grocery, and also need to get some final things for Tim to take to Europe. He leaves for Bowling Green for the 3 days of practice on Friday. We go for the concert on Sunday night. We are staying at a hotel that night instead of driving home late. The concert doesn't start until 7:30. It will last 1 1/2 hours at least. Then we spend time with the kids. It's close to a 3 hour drive home. Bob won't work on Monday morning.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #9  
GoddessInclined

Default An interesting end to a date.....

....or rather, not a date.

On Friday, I was supposed to meet this guy for dinner--I had 16 points left to use, so I figured I was in good shape. Only, when I went to pick my son up, he was running a temp, and when we drove over the railroad tracks (bumpy) he screamed in pain. So instead of heading to the steakhouse, I headed with my dear son to the ER, where they determined a high likelihood of appendicitis. Yikes! So, cancel the date, call in to work for the next morning, and wait for many hours to see if the "attack" was true or not.

Did you 10% of appendix attacks cannot be seen on the CAT scan? Turns out he was one of the 10% who were "undeterminable" via the CAT scan, but he didn't continue to worsen overnight, so they let him go at 4pm Saturday. Whew! Glad he's okay, but the doc says to "improve his diet" so that the ahem....constipation....isn't such a problem anymore. Yep, that's right, he was full of....it.

My son, bless his heart, told me "Don't worry, Mom. I was just saving you from your next bad boyfriend." Ugh.

So...that was my exciting weekend....
Old 06-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Jody, I'm so glad your son didn't have appendicitis.
Tammy, welcome home. It sounds like you did quite a bit and had lots of fun.
Susan, any more baby skunks?
Sis, how are you doing?
Mimi, what's going on?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #11  
Susan

No new baby skunks. We've been on the baby skunk look out.

I did get a deaf ed job. I'm really excited about it. They are not sure exactly where I will be but that's ok with me. It's not in the district where I taught before so it will be different.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #12  

Hey everybody

Before I give you guys an update on my job, let me just b*tch about how RUDE the people are on the community forum on the actual weight watchers web page...I wont go into much detail, cause it's pointless...but some of the people over there really stomped on my excitement, and quite frankly, I'd like to use a string of not so nice words to describe them right now...

That being said, I LOVE MY NEW JOB. It's absolutely wonderful. The people are nice, the work environment is great, I'm doing Information Technology work again. I'm able to ride public transit and avoid traffic. (It's cheaper than the parking decks anyway), and I have a cubicle! Yeah, I'm excited about the cubicle, cause I've never had one before. I dont even care that I'm having to share with the other intern. No big deal - especially since I come in to work earlier than him and had alreay claimed my "spot" before he had a chance to...I was a vulture - organized it the way i wanted to before he had a chance, hahaha!

Best part of it is, I dont feel like a total dork around everybody. Everything they have taught me so far, I've had the basic background knowledge on and have picked up the concepts very easily. It is SO NICE to FINALLY be in a job, in the field I want to pursue as a career, with a group of people who understand where I'm coming from. The pay is incredible, and ...even though its still new to me right now, I have a feeling that it'll be a LONG TIME, if ever, before I wake up and dread to go to work that day.

<yawn> well, I do have some homework to try to catch up on. Hope everyone is doing well. Y'all have a good day.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM   #13  

Jody, how scary for your son!! Glad things are ok. So much for the date.

Amanda, that's wonderful about the job!!! Poo on the people at the other thread. I've never been there. Maybe that's a good thing?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

I used to go to that site and then they changed it all up. That was several years ago. The forums are stupid and crazy now. I go look at the recipes sometimes.
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 PM   #15  
Susan

How is everyone doing today? I've eaten everything that has not been tied down. I was up 2 pounds today when I went. I'm going in the wrong direction. I think it's because of what I ate last night but I'm not going to worry about it.
Closed Thread