South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #1  

Smile What keeps you going strong on SBD?

I am trying to lose weight and get back down to where I was before I got married, but I am having trouble staying focused. My husband doesnot care about my weight, but I would really like to get back into a size 8 from a size 16/18. My baby is now 19 mo old, and I have only lost 10 lbs from the original weight I was before I was pregnant. I was 181.5 when I was pregnant and gained 42 lbs with my daughter. I lost all of the baby weight, and was back to my original 181.5. Between 12/13/04 when I started SBD, and now, I have only lost 10 lbs. I think I am losing my focus and am looking for inspiration....

Last edited by Lauriek635; 06-17-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Laurie, what keeps me going is that even if I never lose another pound, I know that I am living so much healthier than I ever was before. I also know that there are very few things that I can't make SBD-safe. I don't feel cheated and I do feel this is a lifestyle for me.

As to your loss, congrats on losing the baby weight and especially on having a baby! How far away are you from your goal? Are you exercising? Do you drink your water? Are you sure you are eating enough? There are lots of reasons why your loss may have slowed down. Post the answers to these questions and a sample daily menu and we'll see what we can do to help.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #3  

Hi
Congratulations on your new baby and your baby weight loss.
I tried the south beach diet but I felt really miserable after a few days, as odd as it sounds I almost felt like I had the flu or something minus the fever. I gave up but would love go back to it but just don't want to feel miserable. A friend is on the SB diet and is convinced that her daily nonfat sugarfree vanilla latte from starbucks has been her saving grace. Good luck to you, are you exercising in conjunction with being on the plan?
best wishes always
Amiee
Old 06-17-2005, 03:56 PM   #4  

Smile What keeps you going on the SBD?

I am trying to lose weight and get back down to where I was before I got married, but I am having trouble staying focused. My husband doesnot care about my weight, but I would really like to get back into a size 8 from a size 16/18. My baby is now 19 mo old, and I have only lost 10 lbs from the original weight I was before I was pregnant. I was 181.5 when I was pregnant and gained 42 lbs with my daughter. I lost all of the baby weight, and was back to my original 181.5. Between 12/13/04 when I started SBD, and now, I have only lost 10 lbs. I think I am losing my focus and am looking for inspiration....

Old 06-17-2005, 04:06 PM   #5  

Hi Though I am new to SB Diet just been on it 3 weeks but I do know I have lost weight what keeps me going is the energy that I have now that I have cut at the bad carbs and I am getting married in October but I admit now I am not tired during the day and have alot more energy. I tried WW and lost the weight but very very slowly and I know that losing it slow wins the race but with SB I still get to eat the things I love and the weight seems to come off faster that WW. Just hang in there and you will be able to tell the difference. Also do you exercise? I started Curves this past Monday after alot of friends who are also on SB diet started going with wonderful results. Good luck to you!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Laurie, I merged your two posts into one since they were very similar.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Lauriek, I have to agree with beachgal that even if I don't loose another pound I feel so much better and have so much more energy. It is frustrating when the scales won't move. My biggest reward so far is that the inches are dropping off. So don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. I also agree that you shouldn't feel like there is nothing that you like to eat that you can eat anymore. I only found this web site a few days ago but the women that have been doing SB for a while are fantastic in trying to help you change a favorite receipe into something that is SB friendly or flat telling you it can't be done. So hang in there and check out the receipe section here. I found a few things that have really helped me this week.

Amiee, I know what you went through with the feeling like you had the flu. The first time I did P1 last year I felt exactly the same way. It was about 3 days also. But from what I have read it takes 3 days for whatever you eat to completely clear out of you body. Not just the normal process of stomach elemination but the cleansing of your body fluids as well. I decided that I was going to give it a week and if I didn't start feeling better I was going to quit SB and try something else. I started on a Monday and by Friday I was finally feeling better with all of the flu like symptoms gone. So my best suggestion is to just hang in there. Your body is going through detox and in a few days you should start feeling better (as long as you don't cheat).
Old 06-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #8  

Thanks Karla!
You've motivated me, I'll give it a shot again. It's good to know somewhere out there knows exactly how it feels. Misery loves company...
Old 06-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #9  

My husband doesnot care about my weight, but I would really like to get back into a size 8 from a size 16/18. How about you? do you care? I think you do! Honestly, what keeps me going is how great I feel and wearing small clothes makes my day! I love veggies and that really helps me when I'm having the 'hungries'. This is a very healthy way of eating imho, and it is easy to see this as a lifestyle
Old 06-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #10  

What motivates me is being healthier than I have ever been. My cholesterol is normal. My blood pressure is normal and I am almost off all medicines. I have energy and strength that I have never had in my life. I have a son who will turn 8 next month and I can now keep up with him. I just finished teaching at cub scout camp. A year ago I would have passed out in the heat and never had the strength for the setup and tear down. The last time my doctor saw me she said she could not believe how well I have done.

Do this for yourself and for your child. I've gone from a size 20 to a size 8 and I have trouble expressing how great it all feels. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What motivates me? Fear of death! I am much healthier and energetic on this eating plan. Weightloss is secondary! Lowered blood pressure, cholesterol and glucos levels are the most important factors.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:21 AM   #12  

What keeps me going is my 4 1/2 yr old dd. I am 52 and I want to be able to play with her, to run and jump and do all the things little children do. I want to be there for her when she is grown. Also, I like how I feel when I eat well.

Lydia, who should be sleeping.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #13  

What keeps me going is the clothes that are getting looser and looser. I have more energy now too.

Tennie
Closed Thread