Old 06-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #1  

Default Anyone Here Lost 50lbs or So on WW??

Hello!!!

I know people here must be on different kinds of fitness/eating plans, I have choosen Weight Watchers.

Anyone here by doing WW and of course excercizing loose 50+ lbs - or even 25+ lbs - if so, would you mind sharing what you are doing food wise, like what keeps you on your track and what you do for excercise and motivation.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!
CAtoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Yes, I've lost over 50 lbs. on WW (was 82 lbs. working towards 100 lbs. total, but I had a slip and am on track again), and so has at least one other person here. In fact, I started at one pound more than you did!

What keeps me on track are WW meetings, journaling, and posting here, especially the monthly challenge. My main goal in life is to beat Jillegal. Okay, back to being serious, what's worked for me with exercise is making it a habit. I get up and go to the gym every morning except Sunday. Four days a week I do deep water aerobics and two days a week I do a circuit training in the weight room followed by 1/2 hour of additional weight training. I also try to walk every day, and having a dog that needs his walks helps with that. The weight training stuff is really helpful for toning and shaping your body. I was able to fit into a sz. 12 in the 190s, and when I got to 179 (my lowest before my slip), I could wear a sz. 10 from two different stores, although it was tight. I credit the weight lifting for that.

I started doing the Core plan when it came out, and I like it because of the emphasis on whole foods. When I was doing Flex, I tended to hoard my points for processed goodies. But I lost most of the weight on Flex so I must have been doing something right. With Core I get a lot more calcium in, which is beneficial because I have osteopenia. I still journal with Core, but I don't track points.

Regarding motivation, being healthy as I age is my main motivator, although getting out of plus sizes was a big thrill. I love shopping at thrift and consignment stores, which is something I never did before I wore a sz. 12. I'd joined WW what seemed like 100s of times, and it was only this last time that it really "took." I'm like the tortoise, though--very s-l-o-w, but I know I'll make it because I'm persistent.

Hope this helps!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #3  

Before I got preggo I had lost 40 pounds on WW. I joined a Curves a year and a half ago also. I did the Flex plan, Core had just come out a couple months before the baby thing and I wasn't comfortable without boundaries. I try to get at least 3 servings of dairy, 4-5 fruits and veggies but like Sheila said I hoard my points for processed goodies and my Dr. Peppers But even with these treats the program still worked for me if I worked it. Wish I could help ya more, but in the past 8 months I really haven't watched food portions well, but once Ryan is born I'm going back to the WW way of life.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:39 PM   #4  
Crazy Canuck

It looks like Sheila beat me to the punch (she's so competitive ) and told you pretty much everything I planned to. I like WW because I feel its a nutritionally sound program that doesn't deny you anything as long as you practice portion control. I started before Core or Flex points and usually follow the regular old point system (but use Flex points on special occasions).

I find by eating lots of 0 point veggies (especially with 0 point salsa), lean proteins, fibre rich breads, pasta and rice, along with the recommended dairy, I rarely feel hungry and have the peace of mind that I'm eating healthy foods. The support of my group has been a great part of the WW experience for me. I've found so much inspiration and motivation from the other members and I like sharing my ideas, concerns and experiences with others who truly understand (let's just say I'm not shy about joining in discussions…but anyone who's been here longer than a day already knows that ).

I didn't exercise much at the beginning (frankly, I was too overweight and tired) but as the weeks went by I added exercise and found not only did I lose weight, but I was losing inches too. I walk a lot (with my dog) and really enjoy hiking (something I physically could not do at 265lbs.) I recently joined a badminton league and that provides fun, physical activity plus another social outlet.

I never was a big water drinker before WW but now I've grown accustomed to downing vast quantities and definitely think that helps in weight loss (with the added benefit of giving your skin a nice healthy glow and making your hair shine).

I guess the very best thing about WW is that its something I feel I can definitely follow for life, and that's so important because losing the weight is really just the beginning of the journey. I'm so looking forward to being on the WW maintenance program, even though its taking me forever to get there (like Sheila, I've slipped here and there and have been acting like a yo yo for awhile after having an initial loss of 107lbs. since joining WW in June of 2002). At least I know I'm on a program I'm comfortable with, so even after those mishaps of a day (or a week, or a month or more) I can rest easy knowing I've got a program to rely on that I KNOW works!

Good luck and keep us posted with your success! J
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #5  

Talking

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

You all have given me great motivation!!!! I did slip a bit the AM for breakfast, when to IHOP (waiting for my family to get her from CA tonight) and ate French Pancakes (with sugar free syrup though). hee hee

But tomorrow is my FIRST WW meeting at 12Noon Central - I really feel I need that weekly meeting to keep me accountable to SOMEONE, I do have a coworker going with me as well.

I am making these great muffins from the WW Cookbook and taking them into work for her and I tomorrow as a treat to start the program!!!

My husband and I and a bunch of friends from CA are meeting in Vegas first of February - so that's my goal to be BODY BEAUTIFUL or at least WELL on my way by then!

I have to walk today! In Oct after we move into our new house, we'll also be getting a pool so I plan to swim as well. My husband is bringing my bike so we can all bike too - NO EXCUSE for me not the get out there and MOVE MORE!

I"m looking forward to getting to know you!
....Mara
CAtoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #6  
Weight Watcher Member

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5.3

Thumbs up

H! I'm really new here but this post caught my eye. I, too, have lost more than 50 lbs on WW. Actually, I've lost 53 lbs as of last Saturday. It's truly an amazing feeling. I have to admit to not starting a regular exercise program yet. I did start working which I know helped since I was unemployed before. The biggest thing thing that has help me since joining WW in January has been the meetings. I totally thrive on them. I have a wonderful leader who can always make me feel better. I had to go into the hospital back in April with Pneumonia (sp?) and even though I was careful how I ate, I had a gain of 6 lbs in 1 week! My leader explained that it was most likely the IV I had that caused that gain. Sure enough, the next week I'd lost the 6 lbs + 4.5 more! The very best thing I can tell you is DON'T LOSE FOCUS. Be sure to visualize what you want and concentrate on that. This is actually fun! I love going to the store and trying on a pair of size 18 jeans only to find out I'm now in a 16! Hang in there. You'll do it!
suunflowrr is offline   Reply With Quote