Old 06-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Default Boob Question

K, I know I should see the Dr. Just thought you might have an idea in the meantime?

I used to have big boobs. DD. Since I have lost weight, they are c - d depending on the bra. But should one be SOOO much smaller than the other? That same one has tiny red dots all over it And I keep getting these pimple things that fade into a sort of pimple scar. Is this part of weight loss or should I be freaking out? I understand the stretch marks and the smaller size, but the spots are really weird. I've never had this problem before and it's just the left one.

Help!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

Go to the Dr. don't freak out. But I have never heard of this. I've heard of fat pockets, were you get lumps in different spots on your body (soft lumps). Our bodies do strange some things when the weight comes off. I could be that the skin is shrinking fast. But when you find out let us know ok.
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #3  
Short and Round

I haven't heard of it either.. although my one boob is shrinking faster than the other.. one was always bigger than the other. I would suggest making a visit to your friendly neighborhood gyno and see what he/she has to say about it.

Good Luck and keep up posted
Amanda
ajwings2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  

I suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor too. But, don't freak out as it is perfectly normal for one breast to shrink faster than the other. As for the rash, could it be your bra causing irritation? If one breast is that much bigger than the other you can't have a great fit on both sides. Maybe the cup that is too big (or too small, depending on the breast that fits best) is chaffing while you move around? If you think that may be the case, there are inserts available that help create a good fit on both sides. If you have a specialty shop that specializes in undergarments for women who have had a mastectomy it will be the best resource for a perfect fitting bra.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Just get it checked to be on the safe side, but I also have the one side smaller/larger thing going on and I also have the bumps-n I got them when I lost weight AND when I got pregnant-- both big "chemical" changes in the body. It could also be a blocked pore. The bumps that form due to a chemical change (Hormone change) in your body (losing weight will trigger this as will pregnancy) and it's just a reaction your body has to the change.

I've had mine checked and everything was normal. For your own piece of mind, have it checked out because as we all know, each person is different. Good luck and keep us posted.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I got little white bumps when I was pregnant that would come can go and I still get them now. My left side is larger than the right.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #7  

Ditto getting to doctor, but the rash, dotty things sound like a form of keratosis. Some people are born with them (like me mine are called keratosis pilaris and are all over my upper arms they used to be on my face but went away thank goodness)

They can be caused by sweating or changes in weight loss, or can just appear for no danged good reason whatsoever. Completely harmless, but virtually non treatable, although moisturising and very gentle exfoliation can help reduce the appearance.

I am not medically trained, just own alot of skin with them on, so get checked out too.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Ooooooh that's really interesting Kykaree - I have those exact same spots on my chest and upper arms - now I know what they are called!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

This girl I worked with lost 60 pounds and one of her breasts became smaller than the other, her doctor said they were probably always a little different in size, but as she shrunk the difference became more apparent. She got the bigger one reduced and lifted, and since they don't just lift one breast, she ended up getting them both lifted. For free! As for those bumps, I get something simular during the summer, I suspect it's because my bra isn't made from anything natural. Go to the doctor, the peace of mind is worth it

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Yeah, I have the same keratosis on my arms. They prescribed a steroid cream to make them fade but I can't keep up with that - it's just too annoying. Instead I just tell people who are rude enough to say, "What's wrong with your arms?" that it a very contagious skin infection.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #11  
...toward a better me!

I have keratosis on my upper arms too. I find it's worst at my heaviest weight. I've lost a significant amount before (I wish I had stayed there ), and at that point they were completely gone.

Yet another thing to look forward too with a skinnier me!

As for the "girls" being different sizes, I understand from the doctor that that is more the rule than the exception.
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #12  

Our girls (aka boobs) are our best friends - whenever there is a change, you are right to notice it and smart to go and get it checked out. You aren't going to rest easy until you have had it evaluated, so off you go. Let us know how you make out.
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #13  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hi Girls! Thanks for all the support. I have a Dr. Appt. this week. I'll let you know what happens.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote