Old 06-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #106

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a time to gripe about anything or anyone!

Amanda
Faye

Amanda: Your tiredness could be a touch of anemia, could be thyroid, could be low blood sugar so going to the dr is a good thing. If nothing else, you will find out it is just from you working so hard! Have fun with the Friday Pizza night. I love pizza but rarely eat it because I get heartburn from it so badly!

Nikki: Good Girl! Listen, not going to the dr is not immature. Most of us have probably dragged our feet at least once. I did it for 14 years! I hated the dr and only went when I couldn't fix the problem myself! It won't be long and you will be able to get off the pill. For now just consider it like taking a daily vitamin to improve your health!

My woe is, I have to do a small workout today as I strained something in my lower back yesterday and it is sore. I just don't want to make it worse so no aerobics only gentle laps for me today I think. I often try to stretch farther than I should I think because the water makes it easy and I did something dumb yesterday! lol

Everyone have a good day. I need to finish paying bills! UGH!

Faye
Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #3  

Good morning, ladies - I've not had time to post being very busy at work and home. For those of you who have asked about my husband, right now he is doing pretty good - for him - and able to eat more and not so pale. Tomorrow is our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Been doing okay with eating and water and so-so on exercise. It's been 100 degrees the last 3 days - too hot to walk outside. I am just taking Faye's advice and not stressing about it and taking it one day at a time.

Faye, do you have meds for your heartburn or is it just when you eat a particular food? I'm on Nexium for Gerd and it still is a daily occurence. Weirdly, tomatoes and acidic foods don't bother me - just plain water will really bring it on.

Amanda, hope you get more energy. When my thyroid meds need changed I am like a rundown battery - no get up and go.

Nikki, take your bp meds - a stroke is nothing to mess with. Like Faye said, the list of health problems from high bp is no joke.

To everyone else - hi!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got just one point yesterday - had a rest day and then ended up going about 150 over my cals. I'm feeling better after my rest and had another big workout today - so I'll probably be exhausted again tomorrow! I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 1lb, almost 2lb - so I am pleased to see the scales moving after staying the same for nearly a month!

Thanks for the advice about my exhaustion - I have considered both anaemia and an underactive thyroid. I am a vegetarian so it could be anaemia - although I am taking a high quality multi vitamin every day that provides 100% of my RDA. My mum has an underactive thyroid and I had mine checked about 2 years ago and it was okay - although I know it is something that can change. I'll see how I am over the next month - I am working out very hard at the gym so it may just be that.

NIKKI - Glad you saw the doc - I am sure that you will be off the meds in no time at all, if you continue to lose weight and exercise. Well done on the running - I can't wait till I am fit enough to run and get 'runners high'.

FAYE - Sorry you've strained your back - it's annoying isn't it, especially when you're in a good rhythm of training.

SUSAN - Glad to hear that your hubby is doing a bit better - and may I say

HAPPY 33RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #5  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us THursday. Take Time for yourself today!

Amanda
Faye

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO SUSAN AND HER HUBBY!

I went over my cal and fat last night, but not anything horrendous. I have to learn how to control emotional stuff.

Faye
Old 06-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #6  

Hey Ladies!
So suprisingly enough I don't really even mind taking my meds daily. It acutally kinda reminds me to take my vitamins. So I weighed myself from two weeks ago, and I am down 3.5 lbs. Yay me. Yesterday Im pretty sure I went over on calories, but not by much, so, meh, whatever. I still think I did pretty well. I went to the Olive Garden (I LOOOOVVVEEE italian food) and instead of getting my usual mountain of pasta covered in heavy cream sauce, I got one of their low fat options with whole grain pasta instead of regular...and then I kept my portion small and took the rest home. It was actually really delicious. Probably still wasnt all that fanatastic for me, but hey, I made an effort.

Faye-Good for learning to control your emotional stuff. Take it easy on that back, wouldn't want to hurt it more. Hope its feelin a little better this morning.

Amanda-Congrats on finally seeing the scales move! Dont you just love that feeling?

Susan-HAPPY 33rd ANNIVERSARY! Thats quite an accomplishment these days, I hope it's fantastic!

Well, I got to get outta here, got a lot of cleaning to do....man Im sounding a little like Faye over here!

Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 03:05 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday! I am pleased today as I bought a new top and I'm fitting into a 20 (US size 16). When I started this diet in January I was in a 24, so I'm really chuffed. It proves to me that even if the scales haven't moved much over the past month, my shape is definately changing and I am getting slimmer.

FAYE - Don't sweat about going over your cals slightly - like you say, it was nothing major. Today is a new day!

NIKKI - You are doing so well! Congrats on the weight loss!

COME BACK SOON JULIE AND CARRI - I MISS YOU BOTH!!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been gone so long! What a weird week........From Sat. thru Tues. it was sunny, humid and in the 90s !!!! Which is weather we up here are just NOT prepared to deal with for more than a day or two. Then BAMMO! The rest of the week it's been in the upper 40's and low 50s!!! What the F...is THAT?? I love Maine, I love the weather here, but I just wish it would make up its mind sometimes.

The weather changing is seriously messing with my body, that and pms. The sugar and starch has started creeping back into my diet...have to nip that one in the bud right now! I've just been holding steady on the scale...same as always, sigh. My dancers have been saying I look smaller, but my clothes all fit the same and the scale...well....I just want to throw it out! DH is still losing steadily, though....I'm so happy for him!

I bought a new pilates dvd today in the hopes it will motivate me to exercise more. Lately I just don't wanna...which is ridiculous because once I start, I love it! Even in the heat, I just love to move and stretch and sweat......so why can't I make myself do it everyday??? Grrr...

Been super busy with the writing thing. I think I may actually have a viable career in about 8 or 10 months. Which is just AwEsOmE!!! It takes at least a year and a half to get any steady income from freelancing, though, because publishing moves soooo slllooowwwww........They assign articles six months in advance of publication, and then don't pay you until the issue comes out. It's a total rip off for writers, but it's how most places do business. ONce in a while you can find some that pay as soon as you write the piece, but those are also the hardest to break into.

Anyway, sounds like doctors all around for everyone, eh? I've got to go in on the 29th to get a 20 year old cyst taken off my head. It started as a little zit like thing, and now I have a golfball sized lump glued to the side of my skull. Fortunately, my hair covers it well...and it doesn't hurt or anything. Just time to get rid of it.

Well, everyone stay healthy and strong...I'll try to get back here more often!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #9  
It is what it is...

Hi All !! Sorry that I have been MIA for so long as well ... I have been busy, busy ... I have been staying OP and have lost a couple more pounds but still playing catch up to get back down where I was... but I AM going to do it ...
So glad to hear that you are all doing well ... we are finally getting a humidity break here in Indiana, it has been so hot and humid that I was just miserable ... I went to the Dr last week ( yes I guess we are all going ) and she actually doubled my bp meds so that was sort of bothersome, I guess the amount she had me on was not doing it, my bp was high when I was in her office but her nurse had just said ( before they took my bp ) " well you know Carri, your blood pressure is always higher when you are pregnant." and of course I am not pregnant so yes it did upset me, and then she takes my bp and of course it is high ... oh well I go back and have it checked again in the next couple of weeks... I gotta do what I gotta do to stay healthy I guess, it is surprising to me that I can lose almost 60 pounds and still have high blood pressure but even thin people get it ( I think Faye said that earlier ), well anyhow...
I will try and get back in more often, take care everyone, I am too far behind for individual replies ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:02 AM   #10  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. A day to make a little fun of ourselves!

Amanda
Faye

Wow, looks like we got the whole group in here yesterday. That is great! I agree, sounds like the drs are making bucks! That is good though. We are at least keeping an eye on our health.

Nikki: I like Olive Garden too. Unfortunately, my favorite is Chicken Alfredo and there is not much that could be worse on that menu! Keep working and you are going to get where you want to be.

Susan: Glad your husband is feeling better. It kind of de-stresses us when they have evened out even though they aren't well. As for my meds, no I just take Pepcid or something when I have heartburn because as long as I stay on my program, I don't have it!

Julie: Hope your writing truly takes off! I know you are excited about it. We miss you when you aren't here, but we know you are super busy.

Carri: I am sorry you had to deal with an insenitive boob as far as the nurse was and had to up your BP meds, but it is possible that you aren't worse just that like she said, it isn't strong enough to help you out. I am on a low dose compared to most people, (20 mg a day) but it may go up when I go in this fall. Most of my problem is they don't use a big enough cuff and that can increase you bp significantly.

We are going to Nashville tomorrow. Jack's favorite Cub's pitcher was injured earlier in the season, is now at triple A and they are playing the Nashville Sound on Father's Day and Kerry is pitching. It is just he and I as dd and sil have a birthday party for Thomas and we will get wiith them some time next week, but we are looking forward to it. We will be there Sat and Sun and come home Mon. It is kind of my present to him.

Well, on with the day. have lots to do today to get ready to go

Faye
Old 06-17-2005, 09:52 AM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - another rest day from the gym. I've just come back from a V cycle class and I am really proud of myself as I managed to keep up for 100% of the class - including all the standing up bits! I haven't been on a friday before so it was a different teacher, a man and he had a different style of teaching. He did lots of short bursts of really intensive exercise, but then he would have 30 seconds break to recover so I found that I could really keep up. The class was REALLY hard work and towards the end I was swearing under my breath because it was such an effort - but I loved it and felt a real high afterwards.

JULIE & CARRI - Nice to have you both back!

Must fly,

Love Amanda x
Old 06-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  

Yay, Amanda! You ROCK!!

Faye, have a great time this weekend.
Julie
Old 06-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #13  

Fyi: I Will Probably Be Away From The Site Until Tues Morning. Everyone Have A Great Weekend!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #14  

Just a thoughtful quote for you all this weekend:

"Too many women are focused on the size of their thighs instead of the size of their dreams."

Cheers!
Julie
Old 06-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello Girlies,

Well the least said about my performance yesterday the better - although I did get 1 point for water as we are in the midst of a heatwave here so I've been drinking gallons of the stuff!

Today I was determined to go to the gym - despite the fact that it was 85 degrees out! By the time I had walked there with my big sports bag (it's an 8 min walk) I was so hot and bothered - I thought 'what the heck am I doing?' In the end I had a quick swim which was very nice, but unfortunately everyone else had the same idea and it got so busy that I had to get out after 15 mins - but hey at least I tried and I got a little bit of exercise on this extremely hot day. We are due a thunderstorm now - the sky is getting very dark and it's going to pour down any minute now.

I've lost another pound which I am pleased about - especially as I am in the midst of PMS.

FAYE - I have just started taking a herbal remedy for my PMS, which is also for menopause. It was reveiwed on TV over here and apparantly has had very good results, which is why I'm giving it a try. It's main ingredient is pollen extract, but should not affect hayfever sufferers. I'll let you know if it helps me over the next month or two - it will take at least that to kick in.

JULIE - I am so pleased for you about the writing taking off - You've put in alot of work so it's time to reap some rewards.

CARRI - Congrats on the pounds down! Sorry your doctor was so insensitive.

Hello to NIKKI and SUSAN

Love Amanda x