South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default 4 o'clock munchies--need help!

I haven't even looked at the clock, but I know it must be somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00 because........I WANT SUGAR/CHOCOLATE/ICE CREAM. Even on Phase 1 it was here, but not as bad. I think this goes back to coming home from school and having a snack every day as a child.....any Dr. Phil devotees out there to help me through this?

Ricotta cream was my afternoon snack, until I started to go overboard on it. Yesterday, I substituted with the fudgesicle/peanut butter "cup"----and ate (mumble, mumble.... ) Today, I'm trying to fight the fudgesicle thing.......and I'm not even all that hungry. For meals, I do great. And I'm finding that I get fuller faster. Like today, I had half of my lunch, and then the other half at 2:30 when I felt hungry again. I know this must be a HABIT, but I feel like I'm physically drawn, too. And I don't want to empty the house of all SF goodies---because, knowing me, I'd just load DS into the minivan and get something horrible.

Anyone?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamaeli, you're tired... you should have some protein. That's what your body is needing right now. Have some peanut butter, some nuts, a few turkey wraps, etc. (not all of the above at once. heh heh)
A nap wouldn't hurt, either.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Have you been drinking your water today?? That is what get my cravings going in the afternoon. Afternoon is my stressfull time at work and I forget to drink and then by 4pm all I want is chocolate but I have discovered that if I drink a big glass of water and eat my afternoon snack the cravings go away.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mamaeli, have your afternoon snack at 4:00. Make it something with protein to keep you full longer and VEGGIES to fill you up. Try 3 bean salad, meat wrapped around veggies, leftover lunch/dinner, celery with laughing cow, etc.

You can do this, girl!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #5  

mamaeli, u just give that inner child a time out..and take control! Water water water....cheese, protein... U CAN DO IT
Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Yep, it's time to re-arrange your afternoon snack. I tend to bring a big lunch with me and eat 1/2 about noon and then nibble on the rest later in the afternoon. Like today, my main entree is a tofu dish over beans (sounds weird, but it's pretty good) 2 cups of salad, 1 cup sliced sweet peppers-red, orange and yellow; some hummus, 1 cup yogurt and an apple.

I'll eat my main entree and probably 1/2 or all the salad. later as I get hungry I'll finish off more, but I always save something to eat around 4:30 when I'm waiting for my bus. Usually a fruit or the yogurt.

I'm finding I don't really need my mid morning snack so much any more. I tend to eat a high fiber breakfast and it holds me for the entire morning. If I drink all my water.

Sarah
Old 06-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #7  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi

I find that if I eat a protein snack in the afternoons (turkey/low fat cheese roll-ups), something with natural PB or nuts...I am not "starving" later on in the evening.

((good luck hug))
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #8  

Thanks, everyone, for all of those suggestions. I like the inner child time out idea! Today we went swimming all afternoon and I didn't feel a thing, just drank my lemon water. I think it's more a habit than anything.....I need to rearrange my schedule so that I'm not sitting at home, especially in front of the TV/computer, from about 3pm to 5pm. If I can get through my "weak" time with a healthy snack, I'll do fine!
Closed Thread