Old 06-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #16  

Thanks for the tips TooFatFish!!! I will do a trek to Sainsbury's (we don't have good supermarkets here) and check it out. Hey I won't be able to blame you, as I won't have anything to compare it too!!!! LOL
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to have to try some of these.
I came across this LINK that has a ton of salad recipes. They don't have the the nutrition listed in them but they do have the number of servings and I'm going to enter the ones that sound good into my mastercook software at home.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #18  
Crazy Canuck

I intended this thread for salad recipe ideas, but we all know there's those days when we just don't have the time or opportunity to make our own salad and may have to grab one from a fast-food outlet. Here's a link that discusses exactly that and reminds us that not all fast-food salads are created equal! Sometimes I think its easy to fool ourselves into thinking we can have a salad from the chains with all the fixings and still be eating healthy, but according to this its about the same as ordering a burger and fries!

http://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/ar...as&inbound=sym

Last edited by Jillegal; 06-14-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #19  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

When it comes to salads, I'm the kind of person who just throws in whatever I have in the fridge. The other day, I had a yummy experiment.

I started with a pouch of Sweet Sue 98% fat free chicken, added diced yellow pepper, vidalia onion, broccoli, apple, and green grapes, and mixed it all together with a little fat free mayo.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #20  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

That sounds yummy, Betani.

Almost everything I make is just thrown together on the spur of the moment. I'm lousy at following recipes. Trouble is, I've often created something really delicious but can't remember what I've actually done! Of course, now that I'm writing down my food intake it won't happen again....
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #21  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I know exactly what you mean! I'm so glad I log my food now. I find I really love diced apples in any kind of salad, whether tossed, tuna, chicken, or whatever. There's just something about it that perks the whole thing up. I haven't tried it in a pasta salad yet. That might be next.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #22  
Live for the Moment!

Mmmmm... I love having a good salad, especially this time of year!
Thanks to you all for all the wonderful ideas.. I now have tons of variety to do me through the summer. Here's one of my faves:

Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- Baby Spinach
- Sliced Strawberries (slice and leave in bowl in fridge for a couple hours)
- Slivered Almonds
- Low-Fat Mozza Cheese (grated)
- Hard-Boiled Egg (I use an Egg or some chicken, whatever I feel like to make it more of a meal. If i'm doing this salad as a side dish, then I skip the protein)

Dressing:
Balsamic Vinegar, Juice from bowl of Sliced Strawberries and Olive Oil

* Hint: Heat up the Balsamic Vinegar before mixing with the juice and oil - It takes the harsh bite out of the vinegar and brings out the flavor more! *

Enjoy!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote