Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab 40's & Fit 50's #173

Good morning everyone,

Zoe,
What wonderful news about your future grandchild! Congrats! Wow two milestones in a row for you. Your daughter said it all about how things are nowadays (boy, do I sound old). As long as the baby is wanted and loved, they'll do okay. Jess was a single mom to Brandon for 4 years before she married his dad. I wasn't crazy about it at the time, that's definitely not what we had dreamed about for our daughter,but in retrospect, and in the whole grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter.

We're in the middle of a mini heat wave; it's been in the 90's since Sat. You know how I love this. Yesterday, after a very stressful day at work, was my first time in the pool this season. I was on Joe and I got home in time to spend about an hour relaxing in it till we had no more sun. What wonderful therapy

have a great day,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 06-07-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #2  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Talking

Zoe, congratulations!! How exciting. That's wonderful news.

Jen, I've become the queen of fresh starts. I can't seem to get back on track. It's always the evenings that mess me up. I'm not ready to quit. I have to keep on no matter what. Hope weigh-in goes well. We're getting hot & humid weather also. I'm glad you can relax in your pool. Must be nice having your own pool. We have one in the apt. complex but I'm not ready to go out in public in a bathing suit.

I took a personal day today. I have to get my hair done.

Later gators

Es
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Today was weigh-in, I lost 1 more lb.

Es, hope you enjoyed your day off.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 AM   #4  
NeverGiveUp

Thumbs up

Jen, here's to you kiddo
11 lbs. WooHoo!!!

Till later,
Es
Old 06-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning my buddies:

ZoeGirl - Congrats on the new grandbaby coming! When is the baby due? Very exciting - I have 14 and got excited with each one You'll get back on track, hang in there.

Sandy - Your son is so handsome and his date is very pretty. Are they a couple?

Jen - Congrats on your 1 lb. loss I know you must be enjoying that pool. I was in Darren's twice this past weekend and loved it. Alana is bugging us about getting our own pool, but we just don't really want the hassle. Plus I kind of like the big yard and am planning (next weekend hopefully) to get a patio set. We got a grill last week, but it hasn't been set up yet (that should be fun - NOT!! ). We have a couple of benches in the yard and chairs, so little by little. I also want to get a smaller patio set for the deck, like maybe a bistro table with 2 chairs. I love sitting out there.

Es, amiga - how is your hand? When is your surgery? I hope you take it easy after and don't overdo. Es, as long as you keep "fresh starting", you'll be okay. Its when we give up and just quit that we're really in trouble.

Well, I have to say I haven't been to ww in the past 3 weeks and I've got to get back. It really helps me alot. This week I decided I am going to eat chicken or some kind of meat, a green vegetable and salad for dinner. I'm not going to have the usual potatoes, rice or pasta for at least this week, hoping to re-jump-start losing. Its like we're conditioned since childhood, that we must have meat, potatoes (or some starch) and a vegetable - but why? Who says we have to have a starch? I've just been staying the same for a while. So I'm trying to focus on that goal for this week, next week I'll focus on doing some walking and then hopefully by the following week I'll be back on track with both food and exercise. One day at a time..........yes?

Hi Terri, Lj, LeeAnn, Ruthie (hope you're doing okay) and Cindy (is Cindy still with us?).

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a6d/weight.png

Last edited by dpadro; 06-08-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:40 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
You're right about the starches, we've been "conditioned" into adding them to every dinner. While I wouldn't go to the extreme of following the Atkins program, I will admit they can cause plenty of problems for me. At least it's easier in the summer to eat lighter/healthier in the summer. Enjoy your yard!

It's very quiet in here! Happens every summer.

Have a great weekend,
~Jen
Old 06-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #7  

Hi Buddies

Zoe, Congrats on your daughter's engagement and your first grandbaby on the way Love and family are the best, no matter what the order!

Jen, on your loss this week. What a great total, 11 lbs in just 2 weeks! Are you still really psyched and energized? By the way I did grow Cleome a few years ago, I didn't know they self seeded. The next year I think I probably weeded away the new flowers.

Dianne, That girl in the picture is the reason that Greg needed the Mono test last winter, so I guess you could infer that they are a couple.

Thanks everyone for admiring my kid, of course I think he is adorable, but I am not unbiased.
I have to run to take Greg to a rehearsal. They are putting on a talent show tonight as a fund raiser for the Freshman class at the high school. Greg and Sara are doing some comedy skits.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 06-10-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #8  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

I'm so glad the weekend is here. My hand has been bothering me. Nothing seems to help get rid of the pain. Can't wait to get the surgery over with.

Dianne, the surgery is scheduled for June 27th. I've been trying to stay away from starches. Not completely but trying not to have it in every meal.

Jen, it gets quiet around the summer & the holidays. I guess everybody is really busy around this time of year.

Hi Sandy, Terri, L.J, Leann, Zoe, Ruth & Janie.

Hugs to all my buds.

Hasta manana

Luv u's,
Es
Old 06-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Well, I'm home alone and I don't like it! Joe is out of town at a seminar, for only one night, but still......the novelty wears off when it's time to go to bed and I'm (chicken) home alone
Sunday is our anniversary.....34 years
We're going to our favorite local winery and then having dinner with Joey and Iliana at Rokbonki, a Japanese steakhouse. I'm glad that it will be points-friendly, the food, that is.

Did I tell you Joey and Ili picked the date? May 28, 2006. Here's a link to where they're having it all...the ceremony and reception. I'm thrilled, it's a beautiful place. There's a hotel across the street so we don't have to worry about driving home

http://www.glenviewparkdist.org/fa-grove-redfield.htm

Sandy,
Greg really is a cutie, they make a good looking couple.

Es,
We were posting at the same time. I'm so sorry your hand is bad. At least the surgery isn't too far away, and you should have some relief. Does icing it help? I've found ice to be a miracle drug. Take care of yourself.

HI to everyone..Terri, Zoe, Ruth (where are you?) Leeann, LJ, have a great weekend.

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 06-11-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #10  

Jen,
CONGRATS on the loss. That is wonderful.
The place Joey is getting married is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures.

Es,
I hope your arm feels a little better. The surgery will be successful.

Dianne,
I love my back yard too. I spend most evenings out there with the tiki lamps going.

I lost 2.4 pounds this week. I am going toward my personal goal.
Brandon starts band camp this week, Next week it is scout camp for Bradley. A whole week.
Well getting to bed.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #11  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! Where is everybody? I know you all can't be hibernatin'

Jen - The place Joey & Iliana are getting married is gorgeous! Really looks beautiful. They must be excited - I know you are.

Terri - Congrats on the 2.4 lbs lost Great job.

Sandy - Too funny about "you can infer they are a couple" after the whole mono issue - I'd forgotten about that Anyway, they make a really cute couple.

Amiga, how are you doing? I know after the whole recovery period, you'll hopefully be feeling no pain. Years ago Willie had a pinched nerve and he went throught therapy, etc. before they finally decided to operate. He was always in pain and the kids were little and he couldn't even deal with them. Once he had the operation, the pain just disappeared - it was amazing, after all those months of him being miserable. I hope that happens to you
P.S. I didn't wind up going to curves after all, because it was the wrong center - not the one closest to my house (still getting lost in Staten Island ). So, I'm gonna make a new appointment at the closer one.

I've been realizing something - since I'm older now then the first time I lost the weight, ww's goal for me is actually 145, not 140 - I believe. And if that's the case, that means I've already reached goal! My personal goal is 135 - but that's not their goal for me. mmmmmm....... I have to check next time I go. Wouldn't that be funny - I probably already reached goal and didn't know it It would also mean that I reached goal before reaching the 10% Weird.

Anyway, just popping in to say hi to everyone - hey ZoeGirl, Lj, LeeAnn and Ruthie and Cindy Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Dianne

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a6d/weight.png

Last edited by dpadro; 06-14-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:36 PM   #12  

Default Looking for a thread and some help

Hi - I am looking for thread to join to get some real encouragement and help with WW. I am 48 years old (soon to be 49!) on the flex plan on-line. I love the flex plan but I am so inconsistent - rarely eat enough meals, not getting enough water, and I am not exercising enough. Therefore, I am gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for the past two years (have only been on weight watchers around 2 months). Looking for support and tips on how to get more of the things I need so I can lose. What is your thread about and if not for me - does anyone know of a good thread where I can report and be accountable?

Thanks
mscat
Old 06-15-2005, 05:13 AM   #13  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Mscat, welcome. This group is very supportive, motivating, caring, funny, I can go on & on. Stick around & you'll see.

Dianne, mi amiga, you're already at goal. The date for my surgery is getting close. I haven't been to Curves because of my hand. Most of the machines I have to use my hands. They probably think I quit! I have to go & tell them to put me on hold for the month of July. I think you'll like it.

Terri, I know you're going to miss the boys. WTG with your loss! You are awesome girl.

Jen, what a beautful place. May is a nice month for a wedding. I remember when they first met. Time is going by too fast. BTW, ice does help. I wish I could walk around with it.

I haven't lost anything. Do pain pills make you gain weight?(excuse)

Have to get ready for work.

Have a great day my buds.

Luv u's,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 06-15-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:14 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Congrats on the loss! That's very good. You're getting so close. I hope you get to relax while the boys are at their camps.

Dianne,
Already at goal ! How awesome. And too funny that you didn't realize it. It's so much more difficult to lose at this age. I'm glad you've stuck with it. Good going!

Es,
I've been thinking of you, and hope you're ok. Living with pain is very stressful. Once the surgery is over, it will be all uphill. Hang in there

Due to work being so busy, I didn't get to weigh in last night; I'm going tonight instead. I used all my Flexpoints last week, and then some. I'm hoping for a maintain

Have to run, in the middle of the craziness at work, they've called a 7 am meeting this morning for our dept....in order to do some "bonding"...I can't even believe it. Plus they're having a breakfast of bacon, egg, hash browns and croissants. I'm bringing my own yogurt

~Jen
Old 06-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #15  

mscat,
Welcome!!!!! That last 10 is hard but not impossible. We are here for you.
I am Terri and I lost 60 about 4 years ago. This is a wonderful group.
Very supportive and a wonderful bunch of friends.

Jen,
Great job deciding to take yogurt. Good luck with weigh-in.

Dianne,
:wtg: on already reaching goal. That is awesome. Have fun at Curves.

The band camps are just day camps. Bradley goes on Father's Day to Scout Camp so he will take Bruce to lunch on Sat. just the 2 of them.
He will be gone for a week. I will miss my baby.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread