Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#38)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:30 PM   #2  

Hello

I'm one tired mama!!!!! I worked a total of 44 hours during Fan Fair those 4 days. EVERY bone in my body hurts. I can hardly walk. Plus I got up early this morning and took my MIL to the doctor.

I hurt my wrist yesterday at work. I don't know if I chipped a bone,fractured it or just brusied it. I got it caught between the hot box and one of my suites door. It still swollen even though I have kept ice on it. They made me fill out an accident report incase. If it doesn't get better I'll go to the doctor. It hurting very bad as I type.

Welcome KiKi!!!!! So nice to have you!!!!!! I think you'll love it here! These gals are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! My Son is in the Navy too!!!!!! We'll talk more when my wrist gets better.

Vicki......I was so happy to see your post!!!! You made my day!!! I'm so glad you came back!!! Don't ever, ever leave us again! We'll make you feel better when you're down...You know that!! Missed you!!!!!

Hello to everyone else. I can't post to all right now because I'm hurting. I need to lay down awhile then do laundry. I'll try to post again tonight. Until then.......

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW: Yes Gayle...I love my new car!!!!!! Ramona....Mine's a black Grand Prix too!!!!! How cool are we??!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Shelley, take care of yourself!!! How about putting a wrist brace on? Do you think it may help??? If it isn't better within a few days, you better have it checked. Try to get some rest over the next few days, with the hours you worked, you deserve it! Did you get to rub elbows with anyone famous this year??
Old 06-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Oh my gosh! I'm brain dead! I meant to write SHERRY! Can you tell my mind is off somewhere else today?? LOL!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #5  

Gayle... You're too funny!!! I just hung up from Debbie. She suggested a wrist brace too. But the question is...DO I FEEL LIKE GOING TO GET ONE??? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yep....I had Alan Jackson one night & I had Winonna Judd one night! One tipped good.....one didn't!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Do you have an ace bandage Sher? You could wrap it around your wrist. Don't tell me my "Fried chicken boy" isn't a good tipper! I don't know the name of the song, but he sings one about growing up at Grandma's and eating fried chicken. The song always puts me in happy mood, it's a happy little tune. I just was talking to Steve yesterday about Winonna, it seems like we haven't heard much from her, did she lose weight? She was going to start Oprah's diet plan the last I heard.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #7  

Hey cheap fast and easy.......speaking from the other side of the scale I think that I would rather be on this side! Sorry you didn't lose what the scale said, it is a disappointment but you are motivated and will lose that four pounds before you know it. I know that scales lye sometimes! At least when I am up I am sure that they are lying to me.

Vicki so glad to hear from you. I think of you often because I use the makeup bag you gave me for christmas almost everyday at the pool. I still love it as much as I did then.

Shelley snakes.....yuck, I will have to go read that post. I am assuming that it is on the exercise thread. I hate those suckers. I have a phobia of them.

Sherry wow you do get to rub shoulders with some famous people. I guess people with money can still be cheap. So is the tipper in the order of the way you listed them? Take care of that wrist. I hope that everything is ok. You don't need to be dealing with another issue. When are you leaving on vacation?

Kiki welcome to our crazy group of ladies. I don't think there are many sane ladies around here.....lol Feel free to post and we will try to be there to support you. We are here for friendship here first and then support. We are all trying to lose weight or maintain our weight. Even when we are not motivated at the time we still check in to see how are friends are doing. I am anxious to get to know you better.

I got to run. Dez needs me to go check something out with her.\

Take care.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #8  

Oh yeah I was going to say that we went to see Winonna Judd in concert at Sunfest in Minnisoda a couple of summers ago. Great show she put on.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #9  
Losing it!

If everything works out, I will be attending this with Steve again this year. Here is a list of performers.

Thursday Night Kick-Off Party – June 23

4:30 94 Country Karaoke Contest
6:00 The Drew Davis Band
7:30 Sugarland
9:30 Phil Vassar

Friday – June 24
12:00 Shevy Smith
1:30 Keni Thomas
3:00 Cross Canadian Ragweed
5:00 Billy Currington
7:15 Montgomery Gentry
9:30 Keith Urban

Saturday – June 25
12:00 Heather Shelley
1:00 Shelly Fairchild
3:00 SHeDAISY
5:00 Dierks Bentley
7:15 Sawyer Brown
9:30 Big & Rich
featuring Cowboy Troy

Sunday – June 26
12:30 Lane Turner
2:00 George Canyon
4:00 Chely Wright
6:00 Lonestar
8:00 ZZ Top
Old 06-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #10  

Sherry-Please take care of that wrist. You do really need to wrap it. I assume the Fan Fair thing was a football game?

Dee-How is Dez's bottom doing? I hope she is getting better. It has to be so painful.

Gayle-The number on the scale doesn't mean anything. You are doing fantastic and should be very proud of yourself.

I made a chicken in the crockpot today and it was very good. I used a recipe from the WW board. That's what, 3 times now that I made dinner? I'm so proud of myself.

Has anyone heard from Doni? She hasn't been around in quite sometime. I hope she is okay. Doni, if you are reading this please post!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:23 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Shelley, I did a search today, it has been forever since Doni posted. She is such a sweet person with a kind heart, I hope she checks in soon. Did you do the cola chicken?

I need to share news, I have a nephew just a few years younger then me. Due to divorce and his father (my brother) acting like a butt head, we never had the chance to get to know each other. I have several pictures of me, 4 years old holding him 1 year old. We are talking on the phone (3 hours tonight) and planning to meet soon! Even though we haven't had the chance to know each other, I feel like he is a younger brother to me. Hopefully we can get together soon!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:01 AM   #12  

Gayle-That sounds so wonderful! I hope you and your nephew do meet in person very soon. I didn't make the cola chicken. Mike asked me not to use diet coke if I make it, so it defeats the whole reason for doing it. I give up!! Anyway, I won't be home tonight, so I don't need to plan anything. Tomorrow I think that I'll do meatloaf. Any good recipes using a pork/ground beef mix?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:21 AM   #13  

Default Hello my gals

Welcome to KiKi to this fabulous group of friends and can't say enough about them.

Thank you for the warm welcome back to the fold and plan on not running away again. I always knew that you were here but since i was little I was told that your problems are not as big as you think and no one has that much time to listen, so i took the cowards way out and left to figure things out which had nothing to do with you wonderful gals.

I have missed all of you so much and just coming and reading about what goes on in your lives puts a smile to my face b/c you all just do that to a person.

Didn't get online yesterday b/c of migraine and sinus but feeling somewhat better this morning.

Later gals

Vickster" the Lurker"
Old 06-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #14  

Hello

I'm feeling much better this morning. My legs are still sore but I'll live! My wrist is MUCH better! It's not swollen like it was.

Shelley...Silly me! I took it for granted that everyone knew what Fan Fair was. It's a country music fan club.They sign autographs and have different functions in the daytime and at night is the concerts. People (fans) come from all over the world to see their favorite country singer perform. It's really neat. I work the suites like I do during the football seasons. I'll have to jump over to the Walking/Exercise thread and post my walking since I wore my "clicker"!!!!!!

Gayle.....That is too cool about your nephew!!! Who contacted each other? I think it would be awesome for ya'll to meet up! Where does he live? Is he married,kids? I hope it works out!!!!! Also...the concerts you may work with Steve sound exciting!! Where will this take place? I would love to pop-in for a concert and see you!!!!

Vicki......We're as happy to have you back as you are to be back!!!!!! Are you still running your daycare? I think Wayne & I are going to try to plan a weekend trip this summer to KY Kingdom.We have been wanting to go forever and still haven't made it! Maybe if we do, we could meet up.

Dee...You're right.....Winonna Judd puts on a great concert. She can really entertain her audience but overall I think she's a B****!!!! I have never liked her! But I do like her Mom. No, she hasn't lost weight. I think she's gained.To me, she looked aweful that night!!

Where is everyone else???????? I sure miss you!!!!! DONI....I miss you too!!!!!!

Jennelle.....If you're lurkin' out there, I wanted to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day!

Guess what?????? I haven't weighed in a few weeks and this morning I did.I was down 5 lbs. since last weigh-in!!!! I was 188!! So I'll continue to walk and make good food choices & small amounts. That seems to be working for me!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #15  

Vicki take care of that migraine. I hope that it is all gone by this afternoon. Yes you know that we are always here for you. I am glad that you are back with us.

Gayle the line up of singers is awesome. I just love going to country fests. I hope that it works out for you guys. Did you call your nephew? Or did he call you? That is exciting. It is like finding a long lost friend. If you could talk for three hours you must have a lot in common. I am so happy that you will get together. That is exciting.

Shelley making dinner isn't that hard. It is just the matter of picking out a recipe that everyone will eat and following it. You will do great.

meatloaf

mix up
1/2 pound pork
1/2 pound beef
add
1/2 cup bread crumbs (or torn bread) with enough milk to make the crumbs wet and stick (probably a little less than 1/4 cup)
add
1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce or chilli sauce
add your favorite spices (I use garlic, onion, seasonal)

I have to go, sorry or I would post more.

Roll into log and place in pan.
Bake at 350 til no pink juices probably 1 hour or more.

Opps I forgot that I add an egg

Last edited by Deelite; 06-14-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread