South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Torrid Tuesday Beach Chat - June 14

Wow! It's not even officially summer and we are in a heat wave. It's raining right now which is not cooling us off - just increasing the humidity.

I planted half the Fairgrounds yesterday but will leave the rest until I get a longer hose. I refuse to lug pails of water - too Third World!!

Today? I need to do a financial report, do some bills and phone calls, visit Harry and then have two meetings tonight - Mill Society and Cemetery Bored. The last is not a typo!

Stay cool - unless you need to stay warm like Sweet Tooth! Crazy weather!

Iced coffee, anyone?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chicklets! Well I'm back from visiting my DF up past Scranton PA. I stayed OP and helped her to eat healthy and often. In just a week there was such a difference in her. I hope she keeps it up. I managed to get my walking in every day as well. Today I need to get in my walk before it gets toooo hot. Already here in Jersey it's a hot and humid 78 degrees - AUGH , I don't do well in humidity.
Today I write the ad to put our townhome up for sale. I hope that it sells quickly so that we can start the next chapter of our lives in North Carolina.

I missed visiting the boards every day .. Hope everyone is doing well!
Ruthie - Hope your Harry is getting better every day!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Schatzi, you're a good friend... I hope she continues to do well.
Good luck selling your house!

Ruth, I can't take this much longer. It's supposed to be cooler today, but it's already 86F with the humidex.
I'm so envious of Sweet Tooth. The thought of cozying up under a blanket in cold weather sounds wonderful.
Thanks to the heat, my stomach has been queasy for days. I had a lousy sleep last night, and I'm going back to bed...
Hugs for you and Harry...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

We are expecting relief from the heat at some point today! Severe thunderstorms then the highs are expected to be in the high 70's. That is more like Michigan weather!

Last night I broke down at around 9pm and had some cheese and Wasa crackers. I'm just so nervous about the mamogram today. I'm not even sure why - cause as we all know - they don't tell you anything today. Some Doc has to read it and then then they tell you.

I'm hoping to stay OP today. This weekend was so busy that I kind of forgot about it (mamogram) for awhile.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:12 AM   #5  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

It's so different to see so many warm places. It's only 78* so far here this morning, feels like 83* cause of the humidity. I think it's supposed be in the mid 90's this afternoon. I want to go grocery shopping (I'd love to try the taco bake!) but my air conditioning in the car stopped working yesterday and the kids can't handle the ride without it.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:21 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Morning, Chicks~~

It's sweltering here, too. Supposed to hit 90* with a heat index of over 100*!

Scrounged all over the kitchen trying to find something to eat that I didn't have to warm up. Came up with some whole grain crackers, some lf cheese, hearts of palm and a lc protein bar. I'll wash it down with water. I've been tuna saladed to death lately. Ugh.

Okay, I'm running late, as usual, so I'm outta here.

HAGD everyone...stay cool!

Mamacita
Old 06-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies! Hot here too!!!!

I had the most wonderful thing this am -- BREAD!!!!! One of the pepperidge farm brands with some brummel and brown. DE-LISH!

Got my personal cooler from Target last night as well as some snacks and such.

Back down to 193 so I am happy I extended Phase 1 one more day I leave for my conference tomorrow so I will be out of commission for 2 days.

See you all on Friday!!! Wish me luck.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jen, what the heck is brummel?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I'm back, from visiting with my grandchildren. We had a wonderful time.The granddaughters were exceptional at their ballet recital.I'm glad I didn't miss that.

Stuck to the SB somewhat had too much beef as we're not meat eaters. Fish & poultry is our game. Won't W-I until Wed of next week.Hoping for a good reading:

Ruth-We having it Hot & humid on Cape Cod ,even tho the temps are low the the humidity is sky high. We going to to buy our tomato plants going to get the early girls. Hope they grow,but my dad use to say that tomatoes LOVE the hot weather.

Anchor- Sending some good vibes: for your mamogram. Its has to be done,so you can prevent having trouble in the future

Mammacita-Eat Lite on the hot days of summer. Lots & Lots of SALADS

Have a wonderful day,Have to go out and won't be on-line for most of the day. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-14-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amen to the iced coffee, Ruth! We've had such heat here...it's been a chore trying to keep us, the dog, and the bunnies from heatstroke, especially as we don't have a/c. Lots of ice and fans! I can't believe you did all that planting in this heat! I went to the nursery and got plants, but they are waiting until it cools off (supposedly this week) to go in the ground. How's Harry doing, hon? I hope the lung has healed and the ribs are doing much better!

Schatzi, sounds like you have a lot going on! Good that you were able to get your DF (friend?) doing more healthy things...it's so great to share what you've learned with others. :

Ellis, get a good fan and settle in for a good nap, hon. I hear you...this weather is terrible. Wasn't it just last week that we were all complaining of how cold it was and how much we wanted spring to arrive? I want to know who ordered summer early???

Anchor, our thoughts and prayers will be with you today, girl. Stay away from the extra food...that just gives you one more thing to worry about!

Hey, FL mom...welcome! Wow...we never had a/c in the car when I was little. We had what my DH likes to call 2/65 air conditioning...2 windows down, drive 65 mph! Hope you can make it to the store somehow...

Mamacita, I find it's so easy to eat off a big bowl of 3 bean salad or broccoli, cheese, and bacon salad. You can just scoop some off into a small container and go to work! Stay cool, girl!

Jenn, sounds delicious! Enjoy your conference...sounds like you are well prepared. Can I tell you how much I envy you living near a Target! <drooling> Congrats on the loss!

Ruthie, Brummel and Brown is a butter-type spread made with yogurt. Yummy! I never thought to look at whether it's SBD safe...but I wouldn't be surprised.

Me:
I had some trouble zero-ing the scale this morning. I have a dial scale (only kind I could get that would weigh me in the beginning! ) and usually I just tap it with my foot and it lands right on zero. Today it wouldn't do it, so I used the dial to rezero it, then weighed twice. 208.5 and 207.5! Wow...I was a bit surprized. When I went to step on again, it wouldn't zero, so I messed with it again and then it kept weighing me at 210. Not sure which is correct, but can I tell you the thrill I got from seeing those low numbers???

We had our party on Saturday...lots of work to clean up the house and cook, but fun in the end. I made coleslaw with splenda, a pasta salad with WW pasta, and 3 bean salad. DH grilled brats and hot dogs and burgers. I made the chocolate and PB cake, and put a Reese's SF PB cup on each slice. It was almost gone at the end of the night..1/4 of a slice was left! Tons of people who don't need to eat SF loved it and insisted that I was lying when I told them that it was almost SF! (1/4 cup of brown sugar is in it) You should definitely give it a try...it's to die for!

Sunday was a lazy day...church and grocery shopping, bought plants, and then hung around the house. Watched a movie with DH, etc. Yesterday I drove three hours there and three back to a meeting for a teacher career fair consortium I'm in. It was my last meeting with the group and so very sad. They are so much fun...I'll miss hanging out with them!

Got my grade report and I did fine in my last class in spite of the late assignments! <whew!> Not too much else going on. Better start getting some work done...have a great day, chickies and stay cool!!! (we need a smilie with a fan!)
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Morning chicks! Looks like it's hot in here this morning! It's 78* here heading to the 90's today! I'm off to the shower and het ready for work. Tomorrow i start goin in at 8. Oh I gotta jet I thought I turned the alarm off but I musta just hit snooze cause I hear it beepin.

Anchor...It will all be good! Take care today and don't undo all your hard work!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

BB, we posted at the same time! So glad you had fun with the kiddos! Ballet recitals are so special.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #13  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Ruth, Brummel and Brown is a kind of whipped butter you get here in the states.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:16 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ruth -- it's a "spread" made from yogurt -- it's margerine like but no trans fats and such. It's from the makers of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Gals!
I feel like it's been forever since I posted here. I worked all weekend again, and yesterday, I merely lurked about the threads.
Yesterday, I didn't stay OP...I ate a bowl of ICE CREAM after lunch, and another one after supper. I was really surprised that my DH didn't even try to stop me! I didn't even head to the gym yesterday! Oh Well!! I just laid around like a slug. I'm sure that the heat has something to do with it. Today we're heading out to my Dad's house, he lives on the river..so we're gonna spend the day chilling off in the cool water.
Last nights supper was spaghetti..and I used the regular pasta that I had in my pantry. I didn't add any meat and the sauce was a garden veggie one with huge chunks of zucchini in it. Today it's back to the plan! It seems that I always start running out of the good foods just before payday!
I made a pizza on a whole wheat pita for lunch yesterday! It really does make a good crust! Next time tho, my toppings will be all veggies!
I love that when you slip off plan, you can just pick right back up where you left off, and if you need a boost, just go back to P1 for a bit.
Well, I am gonna get outa here and see if I can get some stuff done before we head out.
Closed Thread