Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 08:38 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Day two of Ali's weekend (Thursday)!

Hi Y'all,

I am in Montreal right now. I went out to my gang's old haunt last night and had a really good time, I missed that bar so much, I felt so old there though (in Quebec our drinking age is 18). Two of my friends are having a child! I can't believe that, it's awesome.

It was weird, I used to have a thing for this guy and he was there last night and he kept telling me how good I looked (He hadn't seen me in a year or so).

Also yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of joining WW. So I have lost 99.5lbs on WW. Just .5 lbs shy of the happy 100 mark. For some reason though, I am not going to try and reach it, I am happy where I am at (plus I am starting to get the "you're getting too thin comments").

Shalyne: I am soooo sorry about your guy friend. If he can't see you for who you are, then he's not worth it. If you need to talk or rant it out, feel free to PM me. I am also sorry about your mom, I hope she gets better soon.

Belle: I am kind of shocked at my size too... I was always told I was big boned. I just have big wrists A size 10 is a good size as well. I was happy when I got there. It was weird though I plummeted from a size 10 to a size 6 in 8lbs!

Kim: Good for you on the quitting... BTW check out the photos thread! I stuck in some pics!

Kierie: Are you okay?

Lolly: yup, I posted some pics... I'll try to get some more done. I am down about 6lbs from those pics.

Jen: yeah, guys are weird, but I still think they're great (especially when they have a good body, man I am being shallow ). I hope you get some positive feedback soon, if not, there are other guys out there (I am sighing too, I hope I hear from the guy I want to hear from).

Sarah: I want to see legally blond as well

See Y'All

Ali
Old 07-26-2001, 09:18 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Ali - my god you are gorgeous girl. I cut and pasted your pics and sent them to my sister for inspiration. HOLY SMOKES.

I think the smaller you are the more it counts for htat sort of thing though....wow!! Truely, you are an inspiration.

Well, I have to go and I won't be able to post much, but I had a v. good OP day yesterday, was going to mini golf with b/f but it was totally welfare so we drove around and went to bed early last night. Was here at 6:30am BOOH!!

Tonite - gym and to see my mom without b/f. and tomorrow, THE WEEKEND!! YEE HAW!!

HELLO TO EVERYONE!

Belle
Old 07-26-2001, 09:24 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Got home from work and walked Sadie... got up this morning and walked her again!!! I have these knit shorts that I LOVE to lounge in.... they hang on my hips now. What a wonderful feeling. Today I am wearing this AWESOME pants suit with scarf that finally fits again!!! Now the my baby belly is shrinking, my old clothes are much more comfortable. I never thought I would get here again. I WI on Saturday... been 2 weeks, so we'll see!

We interview already today for the position we lost. That is QUICK!

Ali... you look fabulous... and great as a blond.

Hey Belle... Is Belle your nickname or just a screen name?? Always wondered that. Kind of a cool nickname tho!

More later!!!
Old 07-26-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  

Default so glad it's almost Friday!

Good morning everyone. I am in a pretty good mood so far today. I heard they were having brekfast somewhere at work but didn't find it, so Oh well. It is better than I don't have the points anyway I had 22 yesterday (I might have counted a little low though) but I am pleased to have saved some points. Goal for today is 20-25 again. I am leaving work at 12:15 and will go to the gym (if it is raining) or home to sit outside. I will probably have taco soup and salad for lunch, yummy! then the gym and more work. I think my friend and I will go to the movie tonight

Ali - I love your pics. you look fabulous, skinny and blond!

Kim - I hadn't seem the pic from the wedding, You and b/f look great!

Jen - Congrats on fitting into old clothes. the pant suit sounds nice. Good luck with the interviews.

Belle - Way to go on points yesterday! Your plan for today sounds good as well. Have a good day!

Ok, back to goofing off a bit. Talk to you all later

Sarah
Old 07-26-2001, 09:58 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Belle, Sarah and Jen: Thanks

Jen: congrats on the pant-suit. That's great, clothes fitting is a great indicator for real weight loss! You can do this and your attitude is fabulous

Sarah: I'm goofing off today as well... Haven't been able to hang on the boards much, so this is fun for me... I should go and work out though.

Belle: Have a good day even if you are busy.

All: In Canada there is talk about a 'fat tax' on certain foods...I am very hesitant about this. I understand it is important to be healthy and all, but I still treat myself.

Take Care!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 07-26-2001 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  

Ali.. how would they determine a "fat tax"... I mean who can say what is a qualifier. I think the government doesn't really think things through before they do it. Case in point... our Pres. Bush! Need I say more???
Old 07-26-2001, 10:19 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Jen: I have no clue.... Something like peanut butter is full of fat, but it isn't terrible for ya. It's complicated.... I think perhaps the government should emphasize a healthy lifestyle rather than putting an extra tax on food.... Luckily I think it's just talk right now, but you never know.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #8  

Default Yay! A break from the heat...

Hi Everyone I don't think I've been this happy for rain in a very long time. Yesterday we hit 100 degrees here which doesn't happen all that much and today, finally, we get a break with some rain and cooler temps. It's about time!!

Ali... loved the pics! Wow... you are definitely an inspiration.

I'm off in a little while to a meeting at the rehab facility where my mom is. The doctors and physical therapists and such will all be there to say how she's doing and hopefully we'll find out when she's going to be getting out. Anyways, I need to go take a shower and get moving... it'sn definitely been a slow morning LOL. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:25 AM   #9  

Hey all, I forgot to say... Yesterday I posted my food journal and estimated my evening... I stuck with it!! And even added the exercise points. I was sooooo proud of myself!

Shalyne... wish you and your mother well!

Ali... so true with PB. Fatty Beef. I bet that wouldn't be taxed, but is it good for you?? Some meats are really really fatty! Keep us posted... this is interesting!

Ho hummmm... did a bunch of work, now I don't want to anymore. Tomorrow I get 1/2 a day!
Old 07-26-2001, 11:36 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tomorrow is Friday!!

Woo Hoo! I can't WAIT until the weekend. DH and I are going to a movie tomorrow night! We haven't done that in like 4 or 5 months! I know, those of "us" who have kids haven't been to a movie in ages, but we used to go all the time. It'll be like a date.
I'm sorry I can't reply to everyone but I have to get back to work...more later!
Old 07-26-2001, 11:38 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

I have a 5 min interval -

Jen - Belle is the nicname my grandad called me, and it stuck. My real name is PJ. My mom later called her dog Belle as well. so it gets confusing at times.

IN ****! MUST GO!

Miss chatting...have a good day girls!
Old 07-26-2001, 12:52 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls
Im down 2! wooowoooo
just taking it easy today b/c i need to be ready to dance my arse off tommorrow night and drool over jon in leather pants
Ali you have inspired me soooo much I've always been told i ahve a big frame mind you i have the smallest hands lol so i dont know how that works
My goal at the mo is to be a size 12 and see where i go from there i havent been under a 12 in a long time so i want to see how i look/feel at that point and go from there
anywho i will post more later when im less fuzzy
by october i'd like to be an american size 14
Old 07-26-2001, 01:12 PM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. well, I got my stuff from Old Navy yesterday. The really cute pink sundress I got is WAY TO BIG. All over, the top is huge. I guess I just really got the wrong size. The bad part is they are not selling it anymore. Bummer.

Well, I finally got my hubby to take some pictures of the dog and us with a digital camera from work. I need to get them smaller and then I will post them.

I have been doing very well on food. Today I had hummus for lunch with fresh veggies and some soup and a glass of milk. That is good. I did not eat that much hummus so teh points for that won't be that high but ate all my veggies.

Ali: Your pictures are so wonderful. You look so great. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Hello to eveyone else. I have to leave early as I have a Dr. appt today.

Trish
Old 07-26-2001, 01:45 PM   #14  

Trish... I called my friend who was due yesterday... still PG and getting very tired of it. Poor thing. She is teeny too, so being PG has to be a big strain on her. The doc said it could be anytime in the next week. Good job on the eating. Do you eat fresh hummus, or the boxed stuff you mix with water. I bought the boxed stuff once and the smell made me sick. So I threw it out.

Stacey... hubby and I used to go to the movies ALL the time. Almost every weekend. Now with a baby... NEVER. BUT, we have a drive in theatre about 5 miles from our house. We have been there twice this summer. When Emma falls asleep, we put her back in the car seat and enjoy the movie. I love it too because we can bring our own food and drinks!

I know someone said they were seeing Legally Blond and I think Lolly said Cats and Dogs... Saw them both a couple weeks ago on a double feature. LOVED them both! Cats and Dogs is GREAT!
Old 07-26-2001, 01:58 PM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default tick tock

this afternoon is dragging! I ate a salad for lunch and it really filled me up! I just need to focus on my water intake. I've been slacking.
Got my nails done...I do this every week. It's my induldgence for myself. I just wish it felt as good as ice cream tastes...
Jen: I'm saving up for movie popcorn. It's the only thing I can't stay away from at the theater. Yummy! (no butter, tho)
Doing well on points so far.
Hello to all!!
Closed Thread