Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 21st/21st/12st

Height: 6ft 0 inch

Unhappy Can I scream please?

I wasn't sure where to post this but figured i was looking for support so this was the best place.

anyway, i've been losing weight now for around 18 months, with a few blips. well ok, i didnt start again til christmas and i lost a stone but it took me forever cos i kept staying the same for ages.

well i've started again and lost a pound last week. tis week i've done more exercise (in the form of swimming) and yet i've lost nothing. i'm eating less and doing more and not losing anything. i dont understand. i dont seem to be able to crack this stone and i really need to.

does anyone have any tips?
msbeeverhausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:33 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Try drinking your full quota of water. 2 Litres or whatever it is they recommend

Also if you're doing lots of exercise, and eating less, maybe your body's holding on cos it thinks it's starving! I don't know how many cals you're eating or exactly how much exercise, but try to aim for 500-1000 cals defecit every day, any more than this and your body will cling on to every last gram of fat it has!

Most of all - DON'T GIVE UP! It will probably come off next week!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 AM   #3  
christmas dumpling

S/C/G: 185/160/130

Height: 5"10

Maybe with the extra excercis you have been gaining muscle which could explain you not losing any weight? You should keep track of how many inches you've lost as well maybe??
bellamafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:42 AM   #4  

A few plateau busters I have tried are 2 cups of green tea per day, adding more fiber to my diet and strength training. In the last year I have hit a couple small plateaus and each time I find something new to try. Keep the faith, it will happen.
sherpamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

It could be any number of the ideas above, or it could be just simple timing. Is it that TOM? Has your sodium content increased? Little things can cause weight fluctuations, or...if you're losing weight, cause it to appear as if you haven't lost, then next week, you could have a larger loss from both weeks combined. Since it's only been a week, I'd say give it another week to see first before you try changing your routine any, unless it's that you're simply not eating enough for the amount of exercise you're doing as someone mentioned. That's one you'd want to work on right away.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yes could be a plateau and those are normal and apart of your body adjusting to the new you. And you have to go thru them. Everyones body is diffrent. They suck but you have to try to eat right still while you are going thru these and still exersise as well.
Plateaus are a real bugger when your on the road and doing really good but try to understand your body is going thru alot of changes and it needs a moment to uderstand whats going on. It may be a week a couple weeks a month. But your body will kick start again and get on the losing track dont give up dont say why am I doing this and give up.
Remain focused and remember its a common occurance and do not let it side track you one bit. You want a heathly lifestyle and you have to remember there are bumps in the road sometimes, just keep driving and you will get to your destination.
I know it can be frustrating and down right have you ready to just let go. I know I have hit those a couple times myself. It will work out.
Keep working out and keep eating at least 5 to 6 times a day and getting your water intake. If your in a seasonal climate the weather can mess with you and you might need more water if its really hot out.
Hang in there we understand what your going thru.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:32 AM   #7  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

msbee,

I hear your pain! Really. I am in the same boat right now and it is making me want to scream and cry as well. Reading everyone's posts helps. I was thinking, too, this time I'm not going to give in, give up. I mean, I wouldn't do it for something else I wasn't seeing progress in. I would keep trying. Sure, it's frustrating as **** but things ARE undoubtedly taking place where you can't see it, definitely not on the scale, maybe not even visible as far as measurements and things go. But that doesn't mean things are not changing around in your body. I'm trying to tell myself this too, believe me! Good luck and don't give up! The only way to true victory is through perseverance!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I think others have already mentioned the things I was thinking of. Specifically gaining muscle while losing fat or not getting enough to drink. I've only been at this a short time and I've noticed a very clear tie between getting enough water, and what the scale shows. I've had almost a gallon a day for the past two days and I plan to weigh myself tomorrow, so we'll see if that helped at all. Just keep with it. I know it's frustrating, but if you stick with the exercise and keep your eating under control eventually you WILL break through the plateau. It'd be impossible not to. Eventually it will happen and even if your weight doesn't seem to want to budge, every day you exercise strengthens your body, and every day you keep your eating sensible it makes it easier (IMO) to do it the next day. Hang in there!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote